Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 12:11:08 PM EDT
When using the plate with the eps carry can you just change out the front site? The eps carry has built in rear sights and I'm trying to figure out what front sight height to use for a lower 1/4 - 1/3 cowitness.

Right now, I only have the stock 43x mos. Trying to just buy the right optic / sight without having to experiment.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:11:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gqllc] [#1]
Originally Posted By carholio:
When using the plate with the eps carry can you just change out the front site? The eps carry has built in rear sights and I'm trying to figure out what front sight height to use for a lower 1/4 - 1/3 cowitness.

Right now, I only have the stock 43x mos. Trying to just buy the right optic / sight without having to experiment.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

View Quote
Leave the front sight alone unless you don't have a metal front sight then change out the plastic one with a night sight and to stock height. Don't worry about co witness   it is common that the red dot and the sights aren't aligned    Also grind down the rear posts and file the front posts mount it direct
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 6:29:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By gqllc:
Leave the front sight alone unless you don't have a metal front sight then change out the plastic one with a night sight and to stock height. Don't worry about co witness   it is common that the red dot and the sights aren't aligned    Also grind down the front posts and mount it direct
View Quote

Partially correct.  The rear posts have to be milled off completely anf the front post reduced slightly.  There are plenty of places that will do this for around $50.  Then you can mount the optic low enough to get a low co-witness with the stock sights.  Personally I would swap out the stock sights for something a little tougher but it isn't strictly necessary.  

Battlewerx is one of the companies that offers the service.  They do quality work with exceptional turnaround times and can install optional sights at the same time.

https://www.battlewerx.com/glock-43x-48-mos-conversion-to-holosun-507k-407k-eps-carry/
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:13:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My 48 mos mounted direct with the EPS with only dremeling off the rear recoil lugs and giving the front ones a couple swipes from a file. No need for plate. Mine vame with plastic sights and replaced them with ameriglows. The stock sights will clearthe EPS. Mine is the larger version without the built in rear aights.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:21:58 PM EDT
[#4]
OP even with the plate you can see the sites just fine.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:24:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks everyone

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top