Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:38:37 PM EDT
Picked up a Glock 43X. Want to make it a carry gun,  but wanting a red dot on it. Willing to send it off to have slide milled. Not sure I want to wait for the release of the  Holosun 507k. I know some places won't mill for 507, but I've seen it done by at least one place and made it work with a plate of sorts. But they aren't taking much business because of Covid.  Is anyone else out there doing anything similar to make one work?

Also.....it is a bit more snappy than my Shield. I've heard mixed reviews about various recoil mitigation efforts such as guide rod. Any of them at all worth it?

Lastly,  the 15 round mags? I've seen tons of issues,  and some say none.  Verdict?

TIA!
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

I love mine...milled by maple leaf....excellent job
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Mac defense did this one.

He also said he will be releasing a plate for the holosun 507k when it’s released, so you’ll be able to swap if you want to.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/6045/44F03E77-3D27-4D03-9281-AF25059482D7_jpe-1430402.JPG

Mac defense did this one.

He also said he will be releasing a plate for the holosun 507k when it’s released, so you’ll be able to swap if you want to.
View Quote

Pretty sweet.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]
My 48 is at MAC defense right now getting milled for a 507c. Cant wait to get it back.

Thats great to hear about the plate to run the 507k. I was wanting one but got tired of waiting.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 11:50:19 AM EDT
[#5]
No optic on mine yet.  I did break down and buy a couple of the Shield Arms 15 round mags.  I wasn't in a hurry to get them, figured I'd make sure any bugs were worked out.  Just short of 800 rounds through mine with Glock and SA mags.  No issues with either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My 48 is at MAC defense right now getting milled for a 507c. Cant wait to get it back.

Thats great to hear about the plate to run the 507k. I was wanting one but got tired of waiting.
View Quote

What's price tag? Getting back up sights installed with?
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#7]
MAC DEFENSE did mine too.
I like the RMR on it, but I'll definitely be interested in trying the 407K on it...I prefer a 6MOA dot to a 3MOA dot, and the Holosun will likely have less tint and less magnification.

NOTE:  I'm a HUGE fan of the SHIELD RMSc for carry since it's so low that there was no learning to curve to find the dot, the lens is crystal clear, and it weighs nothing. I just don't like the price, since I got my RMR06.2 for the same price (and I can hammer nails with it if I want). The Shield's great as long as you're not gonna fall on top of it, or roll on pavement with it....which 99.99% of us won't do anyway, even if we're one of the 0.001% that has to ever pull the gun in our life.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#8]
I have a Suarez slide with a Trijicon RMR on it and I carry it every day.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

What's price tag? Getting back up sights installed with?
View Quote

499 for the cut and a 507c. I did not have them do sights as i have a set of ameriglo 429s im hoping work out on the 48.

This is my first time using MAC. They have had my slideright at 5 weeks now, hopefully i get it back soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top