Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 62
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:02:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I found that video while google searching if anyone else felt the upper being wrong for the lower (Mr Ryan turned out to be an interesting find).
I’ll just stick with the 43 until Glock figures out an oem higher capacity flush fit for the G48.
oem seems more litigation friendly. The vehicles have the 17 with plenty of oem 33 rounders.
If 6+1+6 doesn’t get me back to the car....
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:43:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

oem seems more litigation friendly.
View Quote
you're never gonna shoot anyone
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I'll just stick with the 43 until Glock figures out an oem higher capacity flush fit for the G48.
View Quote
Glock is never going to make a 15rd flush fit mag for the 43X/48.  And the brand of magazine used has never been a legal issue in any shooting ever.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:07:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if Polymer80 could build a frame that accepts G43 slides and P365 mags.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
Bruh, can we not do this again tho?
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 7:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I wonder if Polymer80 could build a frame that accepts G43 slides and P365 mags.
View Quote
Along those lines:

Polymer 80 "G49" - G17 sized pistol, with G48 width slide and frame, that takes CZ 75 Mags.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 10:38:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Bruh, can we not do this again tho?
View Quote
Sorry
I just can’t carry something that I can’t carry stock.
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 7:04:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Sorry
View Quote
so why are you posting in this thread then?
Link Posted: 4/27/2019 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry
Do you change your sights?
Link Posted: 4/28/2019 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#10]
So I'm just now realizing after a P&S post that 48/43X magazines hold 11.
Link Posted: 4/29/2019 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So I'm just now realizing after a P&S post that 48/43X magazines hold 11.
View Quote
All 4 of my 10rd 43x/48 mags can but stuffed to 11. However, I wouldn't do it and expect the gun to feed the top rd...
With 11 in the mag, I don't think you could even get it seated on a closed slide. I won't try it because I'm certain it would cause malfunctions even if I could manage to get the mag seated..
From an open slide, the mag is swelled enough to make insertion fairly stiff. The mag does lock in and the 11th rd chambers reliably though. Kinda nice since you don't have to chamber a rd and then top off the mag for carry.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:54:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Never mind, I see he had more ignorant posts here. Carry on. Very interested in these mags.
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Along those lines:

Polymer 80 "G49" - G17 sized pistol, with G48 width slide and frame, that takes CZ 75 Mags.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Along those lines:

In regards to this, when will poly80 release a 80% frame that can allow the use of Gen 4 ambi-mag release?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Haha so close, almost went with whoever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whomever gets these to market first, and reliably is going to be printing money
whoever*

and yes, they will have my money. Additionally, it's the only way I'd get a Glock 43X or 48, so they'll be selling Glocks as well.
Haha so close, almost went with whoever.
Who gave the ball to whom?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm going to get a blue label G48 tomorrow,  unless someone with a bunch of hair on their neck got it tonight.

I hope these mags work out,  this could be a serious game changer.

I'm in
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Glock is never going to make a 15rd flush fit mag for the 43X/48.  And the brand of magazine used has never been a legal issue in any shooting ever.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll just stick with the 43 until Glock figures out an oem higher capacity flush fit for the G48.
This is just more Mas Ayoob nonsense. It’s either a good shoot or not. You can kill a guy with a hammer if you want - as long as the level of force is justified.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is just more Mas Ayoob nonsense. It’s either a good shoot or not. You can kill a guy with a hammer if you want - as long as the level of force is justified.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just make sure the hammer is a 3lb, not a high capacity 6lb with claws
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Anyone have any info if ETS or Magpul have a
higher cap mag in the works for the 43x/48?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:42:54 PM EDT
[#19]
The 43X & 48 were approved by Maryland State Police on the 29th.  Now I'm just waiting to be not disapproved.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 2:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
The whole point of the exercise is that by making a metal magazine, the walls are thinner so the magazine can be higher capacity.

How would yet another plastic magazine make it different?
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The whole point of the exercise is that by making a metal magazine, the walls are thinner so the magazine can be higher capacity.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your avatar is appropriate way too often.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Because the Glock mags are steel lined with
a thick polymer cover?

The ETS mags hold 7 rounds in the same
distance that the OEM 43 mags hold 6.

Magpul & ETS obviously have significant
talent in their engineering departments,
so I have no doubt that if they are willing
to make a 48 mag, it will be a great
improvement over the 10 round OEMs.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 10:06:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Because the Glock mags are steel lined with
a thick polymer cover?

View Quote
No, Glock mags do not have a thick polymer cover.  It's pretty thin.  If you were to do it in all polymer you'd end up needing the same space as the metal and polymer that are in the Glock mag.

ETS tweaked the guts, not wall thickness to get 7 rounds.  The G43 mag already has enough room for about 3/4 of an extra round.  ETS just tweaked it enough to get that extra .25 in there.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 11:58:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Magpul & ETS obviously have significant
talent in their engineering departments,
so I have no doubt that if they are willing
to make a 48 mag, it will be a great
improvement over the 10 round OEMs.
View Quote
Glock specifically stated that they would release a 43 magazine over 6 rounds when it had acceptable reliability.

ETS are junk compared to OEM magazines, and Magpuls just aren't on par yet. I fully believe Magpul will get a OEM-tier Glock magazine with another revision or two.
Link Posted: 5/6/2019 10:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I have had no issues with the ETS mags I have,
but I will admit I haven't shot them very much.
Just tested them each a few times.

I have a few 12 rounders for the 43, some 33 rnds
for the 9mm's, and a couple of the 22 rnds .40.

John
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/10/2019 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 1:53:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All 4 of my 10rd 43x/48 mags can but stuffed to 11. However, I wouldn't do it and expect the gun to feed the top rd...With 11 in the mag, I don't think you could even get it seated on a closed slide.
View Quote
I accidentally discovered this a few months ago when I wasn't paying attention as I loaded my mags.  I shot the target and had 12 holes and I was the only one on the range.  I then counted as I put the rounds in the mag--got to 11, put one in the chamber, and topped it off at 11 again.  The mags seated easliy and the gun functions.  
I did it 4 times (3 on purpose). I posted about it on Glocktalk and I think here.

NOTE:  I DO worry this might be over-compressing the springs, so I won't do it any more.

What it shows me is that with a baseplate that was only 1/4" deeper, we'd likely have a 11+1 gun (kinda like how the TTI +1 for the G43 was barely bigger than the OEM base-plate). If I were "SHIELD", I'd go for a 13rd or 14rd flush fit mag that was 100% reliable instead of going for 15rds...I worry they may need the springs changed every 1000rds (only because I had issues with TTI+2s and +3s after a lot of rounds).
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Are there any cz75mags that are a little less capacity that would be flush?
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Nope
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 8:11:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I accidentally discovered this a few months ago when I wasn't paying attention as I loaded my mags.  I shot the target and had 12 holes and I was the only one on the range.  I then counted as I put the rounds in the mag--got to 11, put one in the chamber, and topped it off at 11 again.  The mags seated easliy and the gun functions.  
I did it 4 times (3 on purpose). I posted about it on Glocktalk and I think here.

NOTE:  I DO worry this might be over-compressing the springs, so I won't do it any more.

What it shows me is that with a baseplate that was only 1/4" deeper, we'd likely have a 11+1 gun (kinda like how the TTI +1 for the G43 was barely bigger than the OEM base-plate). If I were "SHIELD", I'd go for a 13rd or 14rd flush fit mag that was 100% reliable instead of going for 15rds...I worry they may need the springs changed every 1000rds (only because I had issues with TTI+2s and +3s after a lot of rounds).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
All 4 of my 10rd 43x/48 mags can but stuffed to 11. However, I wouldn't do it and expect the gun to feed the top rd...With 11 in the mag, I don't think you could even get it seated on a closed slide.

This could actually pose problems for some in mag limited states if an over eager officer starts stuffing bullets in the mag and it exceeds what it is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
This could actually pose problems for some in mag limited states if an over eager officer starts stuffing bullets in the mag and it exceeds what it is supposed to be.
View Quote
That question was EXACTLY the first response I got on Glocktalk after someone else confirmed that they too could get 11rds in the mag (and the top round still has some movement—enough to seat with one in the chamber).
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are there any cz75mags that are a little less capacity that would be flush?
View Quote
Most pistols the base plate is parallel to the bore.  1911s and Glocks are some of the few exceptions.  So even if there was a shorter mag it still wouldn't match up to the Glock frame.
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 7:01:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s an oem part that is advertised at having a 10 round cap. The worst I see happening is commie states demanding Glock rectify the “problem” for their subjects.

ETA: nevermind, that would require them to have some logic, they’ll actually just ban them instead.
Link Posted: 5/17/2019 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#35]
This....this is damned interesting.

And I just switched over to the M&P 2.0C.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2019 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#36]
If only GLOCK would make a subcompact doublestack that can take 10,13,15,17,22,33 round mags.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 7:58:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Still no update on availability?
Link Posted: 5/23/2019 8:57:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Still no update on availability?
View Quote
Nothing new on their website.
Link Posted: 5/24/2019 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I think they keep saying summer of this year on their instagram.
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 1:41:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Just received the following from Shield arms.

S15 - Glock 43X / Glock 48 Compatible Magazine
After the folding lower, we will be launching the Standard 15 (S15) magazine. Yes it's real, and yes it's really coming. In case you missed it, the S15 is a flush-fitting 15 round magazine for the Glock 43X and Glock 48. The magazine is currently at tooling, and we are still on track for a summer release.

Very soon we will be announcing a promo to get in on the first batch of S15 magazines. Demand will certainly be higher than supply when these first launch, so you'll want to jump on this promo as soon as it launches.

Stay tuned!
View Quote
I hope to get in on the promo...
Link Posted: 5/25/2019 11:36:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

After the folding lower, we will be launching the Standard 15 (S15) magazine. Yes it's real, and yes it's really coming. In case you missed it, the S15 is a flush-fitting 15 round magazine for the Glock 43X and Glock 48. The magazine is currently at tooling, and we are still on track for a summer release.

Very soon we will be announcing a promo to get in on the first batch of S15 magazines. Demand will certainly be higher than supply when these first launch, so you'll want to jump on this promo as soon as it launches.

Stay tuned!
As with any gun item release, I’ll believe it when I see it, but if these are out this summer and work well they’ll sell every one they make. I’ll have to pick up a 43X once they’re out and vetted.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Stay tuned!
X2
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:31:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

A 15 round mag for this gun will be revolutionary if reliable.

On the light rail, we really need some manufacturer to come out with a standard subcompact light rail. As technology improves, super bright durable duty lights are going to get smaller, just like guns are getting smaller. There needs to be a standard- like a smaller version of picatinny that everyone conforms to.
View Quote
Or just picatinny, with fewer slots.  You can get at least 1 slot on a G43 if you really wanted to.  Just need light MFGs to make a light that would attach to it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 5:53:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Or just picatinny, with fewer slots.  You can get at least 1 slot on a G43 if you really wanted to.  Just need light MFGs to make a light that would attach to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On the light rail, we really need some manufacturer to come out with a standard subcompact light rail. As technology improves, super bright durable duty lights are going to get smaller, just like guns are getting smaller. There needs to be a standard- like a smaller version of picatinny that everyone conforms to.
P80 is coming out with a railed G43 compatible frame.  Hopefully they bring a 43X/48 frame to market as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:37:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
P80 is coming out with a railed G43 compatible frame.  Hopefully they bring a 43X/48 frame to market as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glockstore has an 80% G43 frame already, they should concentrate on the 43X/48 size IMO. A rail shouldn't be that big of a problem other than it would need custom holsters. The Walther PPS had a Pic size rail section.
Link Posted: 5/26/2019 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Glockstore has an 80% G43 frame already, they should concentrate on the 43X/48 size IMO. A rail shouldn't be that big of a problem other than it would need custom holsters. The Walther PPS had a Pic size rail section.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most reports of the SS80 aren't very favorable.   And with P80 being granted their patent I'm guessing the SS80 won't be around much longer.
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#47]
More teasing....

S15 Prototype Testing - Glock 43X/48 Mag

Start the fucking pre order already!
Link Posted: 6/6/2019 7:20:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Start the order fulfillment already
Link Posted: 6/7/2019 4:01:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Show a damn close up already!
Link Posted: 6/15/2019 12:02:47 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm not gonna be able to hold my breath all the way to the end of the month
Page / 62
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top