Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2021 6:13:32 PM EDT
Why are G43 parts and parts kits so expensive compared to G17, G19, etc?

I bought a Polymer80 Pf9SS, and then went looking for a LPK, slide, barrel and slide parts kit...  wheee.   I expected maybe a little more, but a lot of what I find out there is 2-3x more?  Why?
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Less popular and not as many companies are making them so they can charge more because you cant find many parts in the first place.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Less popular and not as many companies are making them so they can charge more because you cant find many parts in the first place.
View Quote

I can believe that up to a point, but this seems excessive.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 6:46:29 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm in the same boat.. no problem finding G17/19 parts but man everywhere I look g43 is OOS or way expensive
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I got lucky when I did a SS80 and PF9SS build last fall and was able to get OEM parts from Big Tex Outdoors and Midwest Gun Works. And yes finding parts for the G43 is as bad as finding parts for a G22/23 or G20/21 build. I had to source all the parts individually for my G22, G23, and PF45/G21 builds.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 8:50:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm in the same boat.. no problem finding G17/19 parts but man everywhere I look g43 is OOS or way expensive
View Quote

Yeah, I have my Pf9SS frame all complete and ready to add parts but I'm not paying the prices I'm seeing right now so this thing is going to sit in the box until either things get back to some kind of normalcy or I can score some deals on the parts I need.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Brownell's now makes their own Glock 43/43X/48 complete slide parts kit. These are not OEM, but aftermarket under their name made to the same specs. as Glock OEM apparently. They are also guaranteed forever. A good move on them, I plan to try their parts out. Their slides and barrels have been great.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/parts-kits/replacement-slide-parts-for-glock-43-43x-48-prod141191.aspx
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 9:18:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Brownell's now makes their own Glock 43/43X/48 complete slide parts kit. These are not OEM, but aftermarket under their name made to the same specs. as Glock OEM apparently. They are also guaranteed forever. A good move on them, I plan to try their parts out. Their slides and barrels have been great.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/slide-parts/parts-kits/replacement-slide-parts-for-glock-43-43x-48-prod141191.aspx
View Quote

That's very reasonable.  Unfortunately Brownell's is OOS on slides, barrels and lower parts kids.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's very reasonable.  Unfortunately Brownell's is OOS on slides, barrels and lower parts kids.
View Quote

Took about 2.5 months of backorder for my G43 optic ready slide to come in; enough time for me to send my 48 slide in to get milled and come back from DP Custom Works and actually have time to go to the range and sight it in... Just get it backordered and wait.
Link Posted: 5/6/2021 4:28:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy the gun, strip what you need, sell the rest at
escalated cost. Done.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Buy the gun, strip what you need, sell the rest at
escalated cost. Done.
View Quote

You may be on to something there.  I see some G43 parts on eBay for more than one of the local gun stores wants for an entire G43.  And I'm not just talking their asking price, they've actually got bids...  Insane.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You may be on to something there.  I see some G43 parts on eBay for more than one of the local gun stores wants for an entire G43.  And I'm not just talking their asking price, they've actually got bids...  Insane.
View Quote

It is nuts I watched a Gen 3 g20 complete slide bring 1000 on egay
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It is nuts I watched a Gen 3 g20 complete slide bring 1000 on egay
View Quote

Not that long ago I saw a complete G20 in the display case at a LGS for less than that.
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not that long ago I saw a complete G20 in the display case at a LGS for less than that.
View Quote

Oh hell yeah mine just had a new one with 3 mags for 625
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 11:54:47 AM EDT
[#14]
So I received my Aim Surplus slide parts and the Brownells slide doesn't fit the firing pin safety. It fit fine in my OEM 48 slide, so I just swapped the safety between the two... Figured it was just tight tolerances between aftermarket slide and aftermarket parts.

Anyone know of G43 threaded barrels in stock?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So I received my Aim Surplus slide parts and the Brownells slide doesn't fit the firing pin safety. It fit fine in my OEM 48 slide, so I just swapped the safety between the two... Figured it was just tight tolerances between aftermarket slide and aftermarket parts.

Anyone know of G43 threaded barrels in stock?
View Quote

Good luck finding any G43 barrel in stock.  I had one order cancelled already by an eBay seller because they didn't really have it, and have another one on order from GlockStore that it is starting to look like they don't really have either.  I found out after the fact that apparently GlockStore is known to list items in stock on their web site that are actually sometimes weeks or months backordered.

Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Good luck finding any G43 barrel in stock.  I had one order cancelled already by an eBay seller because they didn't really have it, and have another one on order from GlockStore that it is starting to look like they don't really have either.  I found out after the fact that apparently GlockStore is known to list items in stock on their web site that are actually sometimes weeks or months backordered.

View Quote

https://www.opticsplanet.com/trybe-defense-match-grade-non-threaded-pistol-barrel-for-glock-43-43x.html
I’ve got a back order for one of these in case the 3 week estimate is good. I’ve had ok success with Optics Planet so far... not waiting a year for the threaded barrel though.
Link Posted: 5/19/2021 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone seen 43X frame parts recently? All I can find are sets on eBay for about $175 and up...

Also, are the 43 and 43X frame parts the same; specifically the magazine catch sprint?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#18]

@SoftwareJanitor

Anderson has 43x slide parts kits in stock

https://andersonmanufacturing.com/parts-kit-slide-glock-43g2-n640-0043.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top