Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2019 8:20:27 PM EDT
I promised my son a pistol of his choice when he got Eagle Scout. he made Eagle a few months ago and decided on a Glock 40 instead of the Sig Legion and is thinking about a RMR. the pistol is a hogleg and a half.

choosing between:
Vortex
Leupold
Burris

I know nothing about these types of sights on a pistol, any real world info on these brands and the G40?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Trijicon.   Buy once, cry once.  I prefer RMR 05 or 06

Burris is okay, but I wouldn’t trust it on. G40.

I might suggest the SRO looks nice as well.   Haven’t seen one in the wild.
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Trijicon.   Buy once, cry once.  I prefer RMR 05 or 06

Burris is okay, but I wouldn’t trust it on. G40.

I might suggest the SRO looks nice as well.   Haven’t seen one in the wild.
View Quote
i'm a burris guy on riflescopes but I am a little leery of RMR on a 10mm that will be shooting full power loads.
I'll have him look into the Trijicon and just suck up to the $$
Link Posted: 6/9/2019 12:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

i'm a burris guy on riflescopes but I am a little leery of RMR on a 10mm that will be shooting full power loads.
I'll have him look into the Trijicon and just suck up to the $$
View Quote
Will trijicon is the rmr the others are just micro red dots.  A type.2 rmr should do the trick.  Buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 6/19/2019 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

RMR 06, Make sure you get a GEN2, fixed blinking/zero issues

Overwatch Precision TAC trigger
4# Ghost connector
KKM 6.6" bbl
Surefire X300
SiCo Hybrid

Congrats on Eagle Scout!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#5]
If It were me Id get the Trijicon , I have three set up on Glocks . another thing Id do is buy a non MOS and have the receiver milled to fit the optic , much better fit then the plates .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2019 1:12:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I promised my son a pistol of his choice when he got Eagle Scout. he made Eagle a few months ago and decided on a Glock 40 instead of the Sig Legion and is thinking about a RMR. the pistol is a hogleg and a half.

choosing between:
Vortex
Leupold
Burris

I know nothing about these types of sights on a pistol, any real world info on these brands and the G40?
View Quote
As far as durability goes, Trijicon RMR, Leopoldo DPP or Holosun 507.  The SRO looks promising as well.

Steer clear of Vortex and especially Burris.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top