Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/22/2024 12:43:41 PM EDT
Took my Gen 3 G19 out to the range.  It function normally without any issue.  Preparing to clean it, checked it was clear, pulled the trigger, and the slide almost fell off.  Realized the slide lock and slide lock spring were missing completely.  I inspected the frame and realized that the tabs in the frame highlighted in red are now deformed back, impeding the install of a new slide lock.  My question is do I need a new frame, or is this repairable?  

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Glock.
I had a G27 I bought used online years ago. Sell said the slide would not come off.
He was right.
Took it to Glock. They said it was fubared and gave me a new frame.
You never know.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:24:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4BlackRifle] [#2]
I would not want, nor trust, a "repaired" Glock frame.  

Contact Glock, they will replace the frame if defective.   They will safety inspect it and probably replace any parts that have excessive wear with the newest and latest upgraded parts.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I would send it into Glock.  That way I would know for sure if it is serviceable or not.  I wouldn't keep any firearm that isn't serviceable.  The last thing I want is to have a gun that may blow up, or come apart when I'm attempting to use it.  I won't even delegate firearms to "range only" or "practice only". I get rid of any firearms or magazines that aren't serviceable because a I don't want them getting mixed up with things I might expect to work.

I am not against pirating parts off firearms that aren't serviceable IF the parts could be useful.  A cracked receiver, or something else catastrophic like that will be gotten rid of.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:37:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks everyone.  Appreciate the input.  I will try and contact Glock, but in case they tell me to pound sand, where is the best place to buy a new frame?  Any of the aftermarket frames any good?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#5]
PSA Dagger is a $60 daily deal pretty frequently. Comes complete and you can just swap out for whatever OEM components you'd like.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Start with Glock, I think you will be satisfied.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 2:05:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Will do, thanks!  I will update everyone on what Glock says.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:20:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#8]
Combat Armory frames will fit the same holsters as Glock.   You could take all your Gen 3 parts out of your Glock and use them in the Combat Armory frame.  I have three Combat Armory frames and I really like them.

Combat Armory frame is in stock $39.99.

https://www.combatarmory.com/combat-armory-stripped-pistol-lower-frame-for-gen-3-glock-19-23-32-parts-compatible-locking-block-included/

The Gen 1-3 AA optics ready kit is on a dedicated Combat Armory Frame, Dagger and bottom AA Gen 3 19/23 LE kit on 23.3 frame.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 5:25:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TXHoss:
Thanks everyone.  Appreciate the input.  I will try and contact Glock, but in case they tell me to pound sand, where is the best place to buy a new frame?  Any of the aftermarket frames any good?
View Quote

99% sure Glock will take care of you.  

If you want something better, look at https://shop.gritgrips.com/frames/

Available stripped or assembled with SCT or OEM Glock internal parts.  Uses all of your current holsters.  

There's several other options as well.  I can list them if you'd like.

Link Posted: 3/22/2024 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks DavidY.  I like the GritGrips!

I emailed Glock and will see what they say.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 1:09:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Just received an email from Glock.  I have to say I am surprised and impressed with the customer service (this is my first experience with Glock CS).  

Long story short, sending in my frame for review and inspection.  I will keep everyone updated on the outcome.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 8:30:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Just received an email from Glock.  I have to say I am surprised and impressed with the customer service (this is my first experience with Glock CS).  

Long story short, sending in my frame for review and inspection.  I will keep everyone updated on the outcome.  Thanks!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Took my Gen 3 G19 out to the range.  It function normally without any issue.  Preparing to clean it, checked it was clear, pulled the trigger, and the slide almost fell off.  Realized the slide lock and slide lock spring were missing completely.  I inspected the frame and realized that the tabs in the frame highlighted in red are now deformed back, impeding the install of a new slide lock.  My question is do I need a new frame, or is this repairable?  

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/5a8e6b_3b90c38095b64042b1e892caf0d7ee56~mv2.png
View Quote

You were shooting it without the slide lock and spring ?  is that possible ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quick update.  Glock took care of me for sure.  Sent me back a brand new frame (with new serial number) with installed slide lock & spring, and mag release.  Also put it in a Glock case.

Overall, very happy with Glock's customer service.  Thanks for everyone's recommendation to call Glock.  

Link Posted: 4/14/2024 2:29:36 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Glock does frame exchanges for about $100
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#16]
I only had to pay shipping there and then a transfer fee/background at my FFL since it was a new serial number/frame.  Still less than $100.
Link Posted: 4/19/2024 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Combat Armory 19 frames are $40.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 4:07:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023:
View Quote

And are junk.
Link Posted: 4/20/2024 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By whiskerz:

And are junk.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By whiskerz:
Originally Posted By RogueSpear2023:

And are junk.

In what way?  

I used one and tons of other reviews from people all state the frames are great. The only negative I have ever seen on the frames is the pins require a little bit of extra oomph to get them installed. That shouldn't be considered a problem by anyone and is a plus because they're less likely to work their ways out.

All the parts they sell? Well those are dog shit that shouldn't be trusted.

But the frames themselves? I like them better than Glocks.  The only reason I got rid of mine is because I'm upgrading to a Grit Grips G19 frame.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top