Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2022 2:44:51 PM EDT
Just spent 15 minutes replacing old parts and putting in an upgrade, and the pistol feels like a totally different firearm.  

First I swapped the original with a stainless steel Wolf guide rod assembly.  Reassembled and felt a snappier gun in my hands.  $23

Then I broke it down again and swapped out the old slide lock and spring with new OEM parts.  Much stiffer, as the old spring had about 8,000 rounds on it and was probably getting ready to fail. $5

Then I swapped the old connector with an ultimate trigger connector by Ghost, along with a 6lb trigger spring.  These made a discernible difference, with a slightly shorter trigger pull and a quicker reset.  It is definitely smoother.  Like a brand new trigger, which was already an Apex.  $20

In another few thousand rounds I will replace the slide internal springs, but am not worried about them at this point.  I have an upgraded ejector with round indicator ready to go as well.

If you haven't done preventative maintenance on your EDC pistol, swapping out springs and such that eventually fail, usually at inopportune moments, I'd suggest spending a few bucks and less than half an hour to do so.  Could just save your life.  And it'll make shooting a heck of a lot more fun.

Attachment Attached File

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top