Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/21/2018 12:53:54 AM EDT
I'm not in a rush but eventually I'd like something that will be a nice suppressor host.  I know gen 5 threaded barrels options are practically non-existant so far, but eventually that will change.  With the added cost of that factored in, would you guys go for the new MOS gen 5's or the FN?

This likely wont be a dedicated suppressed gun though.  Might sometimes travel in backpacks with me when I travel as a big backup to my CCW (a G42).
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#1]
FN 509 all the way. Coming from a guy who has a suppressed G17 and P-10C.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know gen 5 threaded barrels options are practically non-existant so far, but eventually that will change.
View Quote
Really? I scooped a used Alpha Wolf threaded barrel for $100 and it dropped right in to my 19x.

I went Glock because everybody makes a holster or some actually useful accessory that fits Glock and there are usually reasonably priced. FN? Not so much selection. The 509 is a cool gun though, I'll pick one up eventually since it comes set up the way I want from factory. How much are magazines running?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:22:37 AM EDT
[#3]
I am generally a supporter of the idea of staying in the same weapon system if possible. Since you mentioned you carry a Glock, I would get another Glock. I carry a G43 most of the time, a G19 sometimes and G34 for shooting sports.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#4]
As a owner of a Gen4 MOS and a FN 509T, I vote the 509T by a landslide.  Better Ergos, superior optics mounting system, better serrations, real sights, hammer forged threaded barrel with O-Ring Thread protector, included lighter recoil spring for comp or suppressor use.  It a great weapon.

Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I like my Glocks but this 509 has all but made me completely forget about the Glocks.

Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:55:55 PM EDT
[#6]
for a tactical reddot/suppressor gucci gun hard to beat the 509
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:58:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Have you considered parts availability? I ask because I have repeatedly heard that parts for FN pistols are a PITA to obtain and pricey.
Link Posted: 12/17/2018 8:21:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll admit, I'm a Glock fanboi, mainly because I want familiarity across the board but I do like the FN509T and I love my FiveseveN so I may have to give this a shot...pun intended.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 1:56:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'll admit, I'm a Glock fanboi, mainly because I want familiarity across the board but I do like the FN509T and I love my FiveseveN so I may have to give this a shot...pun intended.
View Quote
I'm in exactly the same position.  Except I don't have a FiveSeven, I just drool over a friends
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top