Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2023 2:26:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple]
I personally think that a Hellcat Pro-ish sized pistol, with a capacity of 10+1 and in .45 ACP, would be the most perfect gun to make.

Any chance Springfield?
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean Hellcat?

Hellion is a bullpup.

And skip 45. Just released a Hellcat in 10mm with a 4.5" barrel. I'd buy one so fast my pocket would catch on fire.
Link Posted: 4/19/2023 5:49:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
You mean Hellcat?

Hellion is a bullpup.

And skip 45. Just released a Hellcat in 10mm with a 4.5" barrel. I'd buy one so fast my pocket would catch on fire.
View Quote

Title fixed haha. But I guess a .45ACP Hellion VHS-2 would be cool!

Anyway, a Hellcat Pro in .45 with a 10+1 capacity, would also be a perfect candidate for best-mm (10mm Auto), and would likely have a capacity of 13+1 or so.
Do it Springfield/HS Produkt! I want the .45, he wants the 10mm!
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 8:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would settle for them giving the xdm-elite compact 45 a hellcat texture grip. The trigger is already better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 6:13:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Scrapple:
I personally think that a Hellcat Pro-ish sized pistol, with a capacity of 10+1 and in .45 ACP, would be the most perfect gun to make.

Any chance Springfield?
View Quote

If you mean like a single stackish 45 then probably won't happen because of several reason.

First you have hk45. Its single stackish full sizeish BUT hammer fired. IT sells you can barely find one on the shelves but they really don't make a lot.

Second LOTS of other Polymer 45 ACP Double stack pistols that are striker fired and hammer fired.

Then the 1911's out there but really when you look at it how many do you see on the shelves. They are always at a gun shop but not like others.  They are out there but they really don't make a lot of them in general.

Finally its 45 ACP AARP. EVERYONE wants 9mm now. YES there are some that want 45 even 40. Hell even 357 Auto but those numbers are dwindling.

10mm is the caliber I would make in the Hellcat pro. BUT again the Xd is out there in 10mm how many have you seen in person the past say 2 years. Ive seen in ACTUAL gun shops lots of 10mm handguns.  Not a lot of 10mm XD.

Personally when it comes to the Hellcat Pro, P365XL Macro, the new Echelon, etc. Those sized guns in 9mm You probably won't see them in 40 or 357 auto or 45 or 10mm.  They are that size for a reason and one reason.
9mm is the reason.
THEY are not that size for 10mm or 45 ACP or even 40 or 357 auto. SO basically probably not going to happen.
Link Posted: 7/13/2023 1:27:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By rotorblade:

If you mean like a single stackish 45 then probably won't happen because of several reason.

First you have hk45. Its single stackish full sizeish BUT hammer fired. IT sells you can barely find one on the shelves but they really don't make a lot.

Second LOTS of other Polymer 45 ACP Double stack pistols that are striker fired and hammer fired.

Then the 1911's out there but really when you look at it how many do you see on the shelves. They are always at a gun shop but not like others.  They are out there but they really don't make a lot of them in general.

Finally its 45 ACP AARP. EVERYONE wants 9mm now. YES there are some that want 45 even 40. Hell even 357 Auto but those numbers are dwindling.

10mm is the caliber I would make in the Hellcat pro. BUT again the Xd is out there in 10mm how many have you seen in person the past say 2 years. Ive seen in ACTUAL gun shops lots of 10mm handguns.  Not a lot of 10mm XD.

Personally when it comes to the Hellcat Pro, P365XL Macro, the new Echelon, etc. Those sized guns in 9mm You probably won't see them in 40 or 357 auto or 45 or 10mm.  They are that size for a reason and one reason.
9mm is the reason.
THEY are not that size for 10mm or 45 ACP or even 40 or 357 auto. SO basically probably not going to happen.
View Quote

Thanks for the pessimism, but .45 is a very popular cartridge that isn't going anywhere. My proposal was for a compact gun, essentially the same size as the Hellcat Pro, in .45 and with a 10 + 1 capacity. That's not single stack, and would be significantly smaller, as well as more ergonomic, than anything else available.
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:12:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Didn't they already do this with the XDs?
Link Posted: 7/16/2023 5:53:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#7]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
Didn't they already do this with the XDs?
View Quote

The XDS was a single stack with six round capacity. It was also woefully unreliable and inaccurate.
Definitely not the same thing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top