Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/4/2021 6:33:03 AM EDT
For anyone who installed one of these in their slim-frame single stack 9's/380's did you experience an improvement?

One negative review on NDZ's site says that if your G42 was mfr. in 2016 and later this drop-in part is redundant as the reviewer claims that Glock switched from a "+" to a "-" that year.

The trigger pull on my 42 is tolerable but the pull on my 43X is not very good. I may consider trying one of these just to see if there's an improvement in either. Given that NDZ's price is a bit lower than Ghost Inc. (and shipping is free) if if there's an improvement in both pistols I won't have to spend extra $$$ on shipping to get a second one.

NOTE: this connector is "drop-in" and not to be confused with the Edge "Pro" connector that requires fitment.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:43:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have them in my 43x and 48 and like them.  I also added the smooth trigger from the larger framed guns to get rid of the rough surface triggers.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:58:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I've put them in two different G43's and a G43X. They MAY make a small improvement over the factory - connector but it's certainly not much. I don't have a trigger pull gauge to get an actual reading but it doesn't feel like much.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 8:55:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've put them in two different G43's and a G43X. They MAY make a small improvement over the factory - connector but it's certainly not much. I don't have a trigger pull gauge to get an actual reading but it doesn't feel like much.
View Quote

Another reviewer said that while this connector offered no improvement in his G43X that there was a significant improvement in his G48.

It's all about tolerances. I had one G19 that had an excellent trigger pull right out of the box. Never again had a stock Glock with a trigger that good. Close, but not the same.

ETA: My G42 was mfr. in 2019.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 1:28:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It's all about tolerances. I had one G19 that had an excellent trigger pull right out of the box. Never again had a stock Glock with a trigger that good. Close, but not the same.

View Quote

I couldn't agree more with that!

I have had enough Glocks and built enough P80 pistols that no two have the same trigger pull. I always use OEM parts when I get them. I have even pulled a trigger group out of one pistol and tried it in different frames and have gotten different trigger pulls. I have one P80 frame that I am using a Gen 5 trigger bar and trigger housing that is excellent in one frame but is horrible in some of the other frames that I have tried the trigger group in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#5]
What the hell, I'm going to get one. It's only $23 and there's no shipping fee. I need a couple of other items from them so what the heck.
Link Posted: 4/5/2021 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
According to Glockstore the connector in question is 3.5 lbs.

Off to detail strip my 42 to see if the OEM connector is a 3.5 lb. " - " version.

ETA: and indeed it is. Gave the connector/trigger bar interface a dab of Gunslik (graphite grease) and that's it. No need to replace it. Not even going to polish anything.

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:29:36 AM EDT
[#7]
The factory connector in the 43X is also a 3.5 " - ".

Hmmm...

So far I have not ordered that part and now I'm thinking I wouldn't gain much if anything if I did.

Maybe I'll just do a $0.25 trigger job and call it a day.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with the Pro and I was disappointed. I like the Ghost Angel I have in my G19 as it removed the bump completely and makes the trigger feel similar to a light revolver trigger. The Pro is supposed to be bump free but it isn't. I decided to try the Apex Action Enhancement kit and that made a noticeable improvement in the feel of the trigger.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:02:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, I cruised over to the Apex Tac site and unfortunately their stuff for slim frame Glocks is currently out of stock. I'm guessing that will be perpetual.

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, I cruised over to the Apex Tac site and unfortunately their stuff for slim frame Glocks is currently out of stock. I'm guessing that will be perpetual.

View Quote

AIM has the trigger and connector in stock. You just swap out your factory trigger bar, which is what the full kit comes with anyway.

https://aimsurplus.com/apex-slim-frame-action-enhancement-trigger-kit-43-43x-48/
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#11]
@pokey074

was kind enough to send me on approval an Apex aluminium trigger/bar assembly for the G43/43X/48

Not really sure if lowers the actual weight of the pull (it probably doesn't) but what it does do is offer a better contact with the pad of your trigger finger as the surface is wide and flat so more of your finger is coming in contact with more trigger face 'real estate'. Take-up seems to be improved a bit as well as re-set. MUCH BETTER than that sharp Glock OEM 'ridged' trigger where all your force is on the safety blade itself.

And of course it looks cool so there's that.

I definitely like it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 3:32:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 2 G48 MOS, and one G43X MOS. I put Ghost Edge connectors and Zev triggers in both the 48s. I don't know that it made the triggers lighter, but the connector gives a better feeling pull and break, and the flat trigger feels better to me. When I recently bought the 43X MOS my LGS had 4 in stock, and let me dry fire all of them. One was definitely better than the other 3, with a nice pull up and break. I may leave it alone it feels so good, although a flat trigger would be better IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top