Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2020 9:27:50 AM EDT
Recently I've re-added my trusty Gen3 G26 back into my carry rotation. I had forgot what great shooting gun it is and have been shooting and carrying it more and more. Since I love my Gen5 G19 so much I started looking at picking up a Gen5 G26 with the grip texturing, lack of figure groves and GMB. On Glock's website it shows the G26 with FS but I haven't seen any in the wild. I asked my LSG about ordering me one and they said they can't guarantee what I'll get since there's no way to specify FS with the new ones. Is that true? Does anyone have one with FS yet and if so where did you get it?

Update:

It arrived!
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:16:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the part number of the G26 with front serrations is UA265S201 and the UPC is 764503037337. If that's what he orders, that's what you should get.

You could also find it in stock somewhere online and have him do the transfer.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the part number of the G26 with front serrations is UA265S201 and the UPC is 764503037337. If that's what he orders, that's what you should get.

You could also find it in stock somewhere online and have him do the transfer.
View Quote
Awesome, thanks @grondike I'll tell him!
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Recently I've re-added my trusty Gen3 G26 back into my carry rotation. I had forgot what great shooting gun it is and have been shooting and carrying it more and more. Since I love my Gen5 G19 so much I started looking at picking up a Gen5 G26 with the grip texturing, lack of figure groves and GMB. On Glock's website it shows the G26 with FS but I haven't seen any in the wild. I asked my LSG about ordering me one and they said they can't guarantee what I'll get since there's no way to specify FS with the new ones. Is that true? Does anyone have one with FS yet and if so where did you get it?
View Quote
Then your LGS doesn't know what they are doing. Each distributor lists models based on part # and SKU. You can most definitely specify what you want to order.

This is from RSR. The top 3 are regular G26 guns without the front serrations and the bottom three have the front serrations.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 3:00:12 PM EDT
[#4]
They exist.

I briefly had one and it wasn't reliable at all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They exist.

View Quote
You had a G26 and it wasn't reliable?
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 9:28:15 PM EDT
[#6]
A Glock distributor explained to me that the “S” in the part number is what identifies it as an FS model. You can see that in all the G26 FS options above. That’s a quick way for your dealer to confirm that they ordered the right one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They exist.

Not even a little bit. Almost a 10% failure rate.

I think the recoil spring was just waaay too stiff.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 11:55:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They exist.

I am not surprised when the occasional brand new G26 has a FTF/FTE issue. The sub-compact Glocks have the shortest slide cycle length of all the Glocks. I own and carry one of the first 26.5s that was available, and that particular one has been 100% reliable with every single round of about 1200 or so from day one. I have as much faith in that particular G26 as any combat pistol I own.

ETA This next info is for new Glock 26 users.

The occasional new G26 can have this problem, it is usually caused by the slide travel length coupled with a stiff RSA. Comparatively, the G26 slide locks back a little shorter than a G19 slide and the G19 has a good bit more complete slide travel length available to it. If you have a G26 and a G19, lock the slides back and compare how much more the slides will pull back to complete stop from slide lock. The RSA in a G26 has to be closer in spec to function 100% than the RSA in the bigger Glocks. Theoretically, G17s should have even more reliable feeding and ejecting because they have even more complete slide travel than the G19.

I would run 150 rounds of 9mm NATO or +p ammo through a brand new G26, especially if it gave me any trouble. Also, Glock is good about sending out a free RSA if you encounter this problem too. If doing all that doesn't correct the problem, something else is out of spec. You got to vet your pistol if you're going to carry it. I think most G26s will function fine.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 8:51:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had that happen with an HK USP9c years an years ago but I've never heard of a G26 having issues. I do know that the Magpul mags don't run well in the Gen5 G26s though.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#10]
This one didn't run on 10 or 17 round mags, 124 or 147gr ammo, or with an A class and M class USPSA shooter.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:33:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Updated original post but I picked up my Gen5 G26 today. I'll install some Trijicon HD XRs and get some rounds through it this weekend.

Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I am not surprised when the occasional brand new G26 has a FTF/FTE issue. The sub-compact Glocks have the shortest slide cycle length of all the Glocks. I own and carry one of the first 26.5s that was available, and that particular one has been 100% reliable with every single round of about 1200 or so from day one. I have as much faith in that particular G26 as any combat pistol I own.

ETA This next info is for new Glock 26 users.

The occasional new G26 can have this problem, it is usually caused by the slide travel length coupled with a stiff RSA. Comparatively, the G26 slide locks back a little shorter than a G19 slide and the G19 has a good bit more complete slide travel length available to it. If you have a G26 and a G19, lock the slides back and compare how much more the slides will pull back to complete stop from slide lock. The RSA in a G26 has to be closer in spec to function 100% than the RSA in the bigger Glocks. Theoretically, G17s should have even more reliable feeding and ejecting because they have even more complete slide travel than the G19.

I would run 150 rounds of 9mm NATO or +p ammo through a brand new G26, especially if it gave me any trouble. Also, Glock is good about sending out a free RSA if you encounter this problem too. If doing all that doesn't correct the problem, something else is out of spec. You got to vet your pistol if you're going to carry it. I think most G26s will function fine.
View Quote
The slide travels the same distance on all 9mm glocks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Wouldn’t they all have a common rsa if this were accurate?
Link Posted: 3/12/2020 10:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wouldn't they all have a common rsa if this were accurate?
View Quote
No.  Different slide length and different slide weights require different springs.  It is easy to prove for yourself.  Rack the slide into the rear most position and measure from the back of the slide to the back of the frame.  Just because the slide is longer doesn't mean it has a longer cycle.  They don't.
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Just when I thought I knew Glocks I learn something. Thank you for the information!
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#16]
If only they would make a MOS version of that.....you can only dream.....

Are you listening Glock, CZ has already beat you to it with the P10S.  I want a G26.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
If only they would make a MOS version of that.....you can only dream.....

Are you listening Glock, CZ has already beat you to it with the P10S.  I want a G26.  
View Quote
Now that I bought this one the MOS version will be announced within two weeks. Count on it. I still haven’t installed sights but I did clean and lube. This one (maybe they all are now) was made in Georgia

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 4:36:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I got one on Tue. they put my order in on Sat and ware house only had three with F/S and amri glow sights . I traded in my G48 toward this I could not seem to get into the slim feeling , but never a problem with it .
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I got one on Tue. they put my order in on Sat and ware house only had three with F/S and amri glow sights . I traded in my G48 toward this I could not seem to get into the slim feeling , but never a problem with it .
View Quote
I'm waiting on Trijicon HD XRs for this one.
Link Posted: 3/19/2020 4:09:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I love my 26. I would have sold my 43x to get a 26 g5 but my wife took it from me lol
Link Posted: 3/21/2020 8:22:01 PM EDT
[#21]
I got one of the F/S amri glow , USA made, who were they made for ??? The ware house did not have many . or is this model a stock gun ????
Link Posted: 3/22/2020 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#22]
They were made for anyone who wants 'em.

It's a regular stock item.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#23]
I think some USA Glocks are made for export. I ran another 50 Win brown box no problems.
Link Posted: 3/28/2020 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I picked up a 26 with night sights today... It has front serrations and is made in Georgia as well.

I'm a Glock newb... Got it on a whim today. I'm in love already... Fits me better than the Shield PC

ETA: for what it's worth the part number on mine is UA265S302AB - this is a blue label gun and it has an ambidextrous slide release if that makes a difference in part number.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 3:42:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
No.  Different slide length and different slide weights require different springs.  It is easy to prove for yourself.  Rack the slide into the rear most position and measure from the back of the slide to the back of the frame.  Just because the slide is longer doesn't mean it has a longer cycle.  They don't.
View Quote

G26.5 and G19.5 slides only lock back on the slide catch the same distance. The G19.5 has more rearward travel past slide lock than the G26.5.

Are you measuring with the slides locked back? Lock both slides back on empty magazines then push the slides back all the way to a full stop and compare the distances past that. The G19.5 has more travel to full stop past slide lock compared to a G26.5. This is how far the slides actually travel during recoil when firing live rounds.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 6:35:18 AM EDT
[#26]
I had a 26 a long time ago and got rid of it , bought this one on a whim also , I had time to think but gun shop said they had 3 in ware house ,I said get it . I traded a 48 with fact Glock night sights I could not get into the slim grip like a pop sickle stick feel .
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I had a 26 a long time ago and got rid of it , bought this one on a whim also , I had time to think but gun shop said they had 3 in ware house ,I said get it . I traded a 48 with fact Glock night sights I could not get into the slim grip like a pop sickle stick feel .
View Quote

Have you shot it yet?
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Yes I have run Fed 115 gr ,some 124 Gold DOT , Win GI brown box ,with no problem . I cleaned it up a little and kept slide locked back for a while hit with a drop CLP here and there . it came with 3 mags picked up another , Glock holster , and a Desantis open top . Good to go .
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes I have run Fed 115 gr ,some 124 Gold DOT , Win GI brown box ,with no problem . I cleaned it up a little and kept slide locked back for a while hit with a drop CLP here and there . it came with 3 mags picked up another , Glock holster , and a Desantis open top . Good to go .
View Quote

Nice! Notice much different in the rounds? Did it prefer any over the other?
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:20:03 AM EDT
[#30]
I never had a problem with any Glock ,had them since the 80`s I read some things about the new 26 so when I got it I gave it a wipe down and lube job , locked it open for a while . It worked great so far with any 9 ammo I put through it I did not get real formal in my time I had to try it out , I have some FBI Speer 147 G2 I want to try , but I do like the HST 124 gr stuff .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top