Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2021 1:26:03 PM EDT
I picked up a Vickers Enhanced Slide stop for a Gen 5 G19. It does not look any different then the stock OEM slide stop.

Am I wrong?  The one on my Gen 3 is much more pronounced.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The Vickers has more of a bump to it and the serrations are much more pronounced. This allows you to get better traction on the slide stop.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#2]
@Harv24

I just got mine in yesterday from Brownells and I am not impressed....like you said looks the same as OEM and the finish looks like it was done with Testors model paint.

I atcully looks cheap

ETA:  Big Joe is my favorite character....."Hey Big Joe I think I got the crabs....shut up"
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm really wondering what your guys slide stops look like. My Vickers is discernibly different from the OEM and definitely easier to manipulate.

Also, who didn't like Big Joe?
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the first ive actually seen people talk about the vickers slide lever.

I only ever hear people talk about the kagwerks, which at some point will go on my g19.5FS RS
https://kagwerks.com/products/copy-of-kagwerks-extended-raised-slide-release-for-glock-gen-5
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is the first ive actually seen people talk about the vickers slide lever.

I only ever hear people talk about the kagwerks, which at some point will go on my g19.5FS RS
https://kagwerks.com/products/copy-of-kagwerks-extended-raised-slide-release-for-glock-gen-5
View Quote

If you actually use the kagwerks it eventually stops locking the slide back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:15:17 PM EDT
[#6]

Vickers mounted, the OEM above it.

I see the serration pattern is different, but there is no shelf like on the Gen 3 I have.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:32:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/YdhfWvc.jpg?1
Vickers mounted, the OEM above it.

https://i.imgur.com/jsN6zXn.jpg?1

I see the serration pattern is different, but there is no shelf like on the Gen 3 I have.
View Quote

That is interesting. Compared to mine, i feel like yours are not as proud and pronounced. I can definitely see how yours look more like the OEM. Mine still don't have the massive shelf like the gen 3, but they still stick out farther than the OEM release and definitely allow a better purchase on the release itself.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Here is my gen 3...

I like this one much better. it has a bit of a flat shelf to the top as it extends further out and then angles back inward.

I'n not thrilled with Larry's Gen 5 version....should have kept it like the Gen 1-4
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 8:16:01 PM EDT
[#9]
They must have changed the design, I have a couple on my Gen5’s and they are like firepyro515’s.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#10]
What's wrong with the OEM extended slide stop with bumps?
I find it to be perfect

Not my pic

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]

They extend further to the rear & can cause issues with premature lockback, depending on grip.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Kagwerks is the only answer
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 12:25:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

They extend further to the rear & can cause issues with premature lockback, depending on grip.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Interesting. Haven’t heard about that yet. I have it on 3 of my gen 5’s and have never had an issue like you describe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Tried one for my gen5 and came to the same conclusion, it sucked.  Fantastic on previous generations though.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Kagwerks is the only answer
View Quote

Life expectancy for the Kagwerks slide release is 1500 full speed cycles.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:36:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Life expectancy for the Kagwerks slide release is 1500 full speed cycles.
View Quote

Really? I never heard that
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 4:59:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Same, I always use OEM bump types.  I have had aftermarket and they never seem to fit right and one even had the hole pressed wrong and a weak spring.

I made absolutely sure my Gen 5 type were clearly OEM.  I have two on back order right now.

It kills me that Glock didn't add a few tenths to the width of the take down stop/lock piece.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I was on the phone today with Jeff @ Tango Down and asked about the design difference between the Gen1-4 and the Gen5.

If they had down the Gen5 with the ledge/shelf like the earlier generation's then holster fit would become an issue. The Gen5 slide stop levers are also thicker than the earlier ones and that would cause problems creating the earlier shape.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:49:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks for the info, Now I know it's not just me...
They should really have explained that better. I expected it to be the same as my Gen 3.
I'll live with it.but I like the Gen 3 beter.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:06:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll live with it.but I like the Gen 3 beter.
View Quote

You are not the only one Harv.

FYI to anyone following this - I was talking to Jeff about slide stops being loose in the gun. Mine would rattle. He told me they should always be under spring tension and should not rattle. He said on the Gen5's the space is very tight and it is easy to put it together without the slide stop's spring not seated. He told me to remove the locking block and re-install the trigger pin. If everything is feels like it should then it is not the slide stop.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 10:45:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Really? I never heard that
View Quote

neither have i
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:25:06 PM EDT
[#23]
I was disappointed too. If I knew it didn’t have the shelf of the gen 3 I wouldn’t have bought it.
Top Top