Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2024 7:54:40 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with the 22LR conversion kit?  

Or should I go with the G44?
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
G44
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
If you mean the Advantage Arms conversion then yes I got a G20 kit that ran like a top while the G17 kit was a jamamatic. I had a G44 but didn’t like it so I sold and went back to my Beretta 92FSR 22.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:39:45 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a member on here with extensive knowledge of the Advantage Arms kit. They'll probably chime in soon.

I have one for my gen 3 19. I haven't used it in a while, but feed it quality ammo and it works. I usually go with CCI standard, Mini-Mags, or Blazer (similar to Mini-Mags).

My home state has stupid registration procedures for handguns, so it was easier to just get the slide conversion kit over a dedicated platform.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: VASCAR2] [#4]
My Glock 22 LR pistols top to bottom
17.3 with AA Target kit, 26.3 with AA 26/27 LE kit, 19.3 with AA 19/23 LE kit, 19.4 with AA Gen 4 19/23 LE kit, Glock 44 and a Combat Armory Gen 3 Glock pattern frame with AA optics ready conversion.

I recommend the Glock 44 as it tends to be more reliable with a wider variety of ammunition compared to my Advantage Arms kits.   I typically only shoot Aguila Super Extra plated HP or RN 22 LR or CCI ammo which is reliable in all my semi autos.   Recent lots of US manufactured bulk pack 22 LR ammo have poor quality control in my experience.   I used to fire bricks of Federal rimfire ammo every year but quit buying it.   The quality has been really bad for me since about 2019.

Advantage Arms offer Optics Ready MOD kits for all the Glock generations for 17 and 19 size frame.   My 19/23 MOD Gen 3 kit is reliable with Aguila Super Extra and CCI Mini Mags.   If you decide to use an AA MOD kit I suggest you use the lighter weight RDS.

If you want a red dot sight on a Glock 22 LR the AA MOD Kit is a viable option.  Lanbo’s Armory has most AA kits and mags in stock with decent prices.

https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=Advantage+Arms
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 8:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I found both my AA kit (G21 gen 3) and G44 to be very fun and reliable; much more reliable then my 10/22 ever was. I haven't had a single jam shooting ~1200rd of Aguila Super Extra from the G44, using either the 10rd factory mags or the Promag 18rd loaded to 15rd.

AA has the advantage of working with a RDS; G44 gives you a complete 2nd gun for ~ the cost of the AA.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 10:39:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm starting to lean towards the Sig P322.  I don't like how the slide for the G44 is plastic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 4:13:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nwalker77:
I think I'm starting to lean towards the Sig P322.  I don't like how the slide for the G44 is plastic.
View Quote

Given the choice of a conversion or a G44 there was only one choice.   If you normally shoot a G19 / 23 /32 the G44 fits right in.  

If you just want a 22 and a suppressor host, not a darn thing wrong with the P322.  But there is a lot of plastic in that gun.
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 7:58:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By nwalker77:
View Quote

The G44 is steel and plastic.

P322 is Aluminum.

I wouldn't be surprised if the steel/plastic lasts longer.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 12:49:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I like my glock 44 but man does it feel like a plastic toy gun
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 1:30:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cms81586] [#11]
I tried both and both felt like my son’s airsoft pistol. The Advantage Arms kit would only run on MiniMags. The G44 functioned fine with most ammo but the low-cap mag situation suck for them enough to not justify buying one over my MK III. Anymore if shooting .22 out of a handgun it’s my Ruger MK III 22/45 or my VZ61 with .22 upper. Now that’s a .22 conversion done to the same quality and reliability of the original. And 20rnd mags (that work) are a perk. I’m up to 1640 rnds of suppressed shooting with no cleaning or relubing. Still chugging along. Just got my 3D printed mag loader so I loaded up 300rnds this evening and will be burning it up tomorrow. It eats shitty Rem Golden Bullet and Thunderbolt .22 ammo like candy. Not a Glock…but if you can spring for one I highly recommend it. Been a long while since a .22 impressed me.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/9/2024 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

Thats one of my favorite parts, makes for a nice little 'kit gun' because of how light it is. G44 w/ 50rd probably weighs about as much as an empty G19.

Lightweight also adds to the recoil, makes the .22 feel more like a 'real' gun when firing HV; subsonic still feels like airsoft.

That said, if the tip was painted orange it would seem like a cheap airsoft gun.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 10:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#13]
I have a dedicated Gen4 Glock lower with a AA Gen4 upper kit with threaded barrel. Since l got a p322 and tx22 comp model the thing just sits in the safe.

Drawbacks on the AA pistol
-no ability to mount a red dot
-finicky with most ammo
-took forever to get a threaded barrel and had to pay separately for it

Never owned G44 but for me the reasons l never bothered are
-polymer slide
-10 round mags capacity
-no ability to mount a red dot
-have to pay separately for threaded barrel

If it was me l would pass on both and get either the P322 or TX22 (l own both the competition and compact TX models).
All take higher capacity factory mags
All are ready for red dot mounting
All come with factory threaded barrel

Just my .02
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Are there any .22 options for the slimline Glocks? All I carry is a 48 any more, would be great to have a .22 version.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Nothing has hit the market but Palmetto State Armory has prototypes of a Dagger Compact and Dagger Micro in 22 LR at SHOT Show but who knows if or when they would be released.

Advantage Arms posted over a year ago they were going to release kits for the Hellcat and Sig P365 but neither has been released with no additional info.   AA also hinted they were going to release a kit for the 43X but still nothing else has been released.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
View Quote

This is the reason I quickly got rid of mine for an FN, night and day difference. Huge Glock fan here but the 44 just feels like a toy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top