Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2022 10:47:31 AM EDT
Looking for better options here.

I'm a small guy. 5'4", 140lbs, 29 inch waist. Fit, but small.  I am seeing that I am having trouble hiding a holster.

I have a Crossbreed IWB for my 43X but it is way too bulky.

I guess I am looking for some sort of minimalist holster but have no idea what is out there.  Not opposed to Appendix carry but don't consider it plan A.

What have you guys found workable for situations like this?
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:09:08 AM EDT
[#1]
I was going to recommend kydex.  I have been buying K-Rounds brand and love them.  I was going to post a couple models but when I looked they had a notice they were closing the business.

Edit,...I would suggest something trim so kydex leads here.  Standard IWB with a belt clip.  I like snap over the belt but others fear the clip breaking so a thread on the belt option or flexible loops with snaps may suit.  

I carry at just aft of 3 o’clock or perhaps aft of that if my pants belt loop is in the way.  I am broad shouldered and wear loose shirts.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure, do they even make kid size holsters?

JK but in all seriousness have you looked at some of the holsters women use? My wife got one for her shield some lady on YT recommended because the clip didn't need a belt. She's 5'4" as well.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:06:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out Concealment Express. I have one for a G2C that is one of the most comfortable holsters I've ever used. IWB with Tuck and get the Claw add-on.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just bought a Blade-Tech Ultimate Klipt AIWB holster and their Ultimate Carry Belt a few days ago for my G43X.  I've always carried on the hip or SOB in the past so it's taking a little to get used to the new appendix carry position.  That being said it tucks in nice and close to the body, it conceals well.  I will know for sure in a couple of weeks if it's the style of carry for me.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a Tulster IWB for my G43x....large belt clip and body shield

https://tulster.com/glock-43-43x-profile-iwb-holster-right-hand/
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 1:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Get in touch with Tony at JM Custom Kydex.
Not inexpensive but worth every penney and
he'll give you good advise on your size body,
shape, he offer's outstanding holsters with
customer service to match.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the leads.

I'll  look into these over the next few days.
Link Posted: 7/12/2022 10:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Tenicor Certum 3 AIWB FTW! If you have a flat-ish stomach, this is the way.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Vedder light tuck. Go look at their website. Thousands of five star reviews
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 1:55:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Vedder light tuck. Go look at their website. Thousands of five star reviews
View Quote

Agreed. I prefer the metal belt clip versus the polymer or kydex ones. Bonus: it also adjusts for angle, up to 20° or so. You could do 0° appendix carry, or 15° at your 4 o'clock.
Link Posted: 7/13/2022 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#11]
NSR Tactical

JM Custom Kydex

I am the same height and weight as you and can conceal my G19.5 at 3:30 in my NSR holster
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Desantis Slim Tuk is what I am using.  I found it on Ebay for under $25.  I recently saw these on the shelf at Academy.
Pegasus Slim Tuk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top