Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/12/2019 12:13:46 PM EDT
So when going into my safe to decide which pistol to carry today I noticed that the frame of my G43 has a large crack. It goes from top to bottom down the mag well. With a little hand pressure the crack can be spread.

Sooooo has anyone ever dealt with Glock repair center and know of the quickest easiest way to contact them to get it fixed?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:18:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock will take care of you

Got a pic by any chance?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I know they will. I was just looking for a streamlined way to get ahold of them.

I don't do photo hosting. I can text you a pick if you want to send me ur #
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I know they will. I was just looking for a streamlined way to get ahold of them.

I don't do photo hosting. I can text you a pick if you want to send me ur #
View Quote
Sure sent ya an im
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:37:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:51:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh snap.

The most streamlined way to get ahold of Glock is to perform the following act: 25 burpees, 25 pull-ups, 25 flutter kicks, 25 pushups, and 25 ass-to-grass air squats, shouting “Glock rules” every 10 seconds for 1 minutes between exercises.

The most streamlined way to get ahold of Glock is most certainly not to, you know, go to their web site and click on warranty.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 12:56:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Round count? Type of ammo?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 1:02:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Delete
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
It's just trying to have a interchangeable backstrap like it's big brothers.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit, that is bad.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:05:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Obviously from limp-wristing.

OP just needs training.   The little Glocks are quite a handful for a new shooter.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:17:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh snap.

The most streamlined way to get ahold of Glock is to perform the following act: 25 burpees, 25 pull-ups, 25 flutter kicks, 25 pushups, and 25 ass-to-grass air squats, shouting “Glock rules” every 10 seconds for 1 minutes between exercises.

The most streamlined way to get ahold of Glock is most certainly not to, you know, go to their web site and click on warranty.
View Quote
'19 er with 20 posts goes all smart ass.  Just what we need. not.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#12]
OP
This is not reassuring given that I just bought a G43 last week?  Has anyone else heard of this happening to others/
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:26:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I've not heard of it. It's interesting that the crack is right where the pressure would be from the impact to the ejector.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:37:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
So I have never sent a gun in for repair. How would this work. Have FFL send to Glock? OP, send to Glock? How does it get back to owner? Do you have to pay for additional NICS check? Ship to home or FFL?
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 4:52:59 PM EDT
[#17]
USA Phone: 770-432-1202
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 5:53:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Not good.  Some round count and type of ammo details would be interesting, but shouldn’t matter.  The frame should not do that, unless it was abused on purpose.

Also awaiting response from Glock.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks for the replies guys. To answer some questions.....

I am far from being a new shooter. So limp wrist is not a problem. No abuse is given to any of my firearms

As far as round count, I couldn't give an exact number but I would put it in the 500-750 round category. Ammo is always 115 grain from your everyday sources. Winchester, federal, mag tech etc, whatever is cheap.

Defensive rounds are Sig V-crown also in 115 grain.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 6:52:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

'19 er with 20 posts goes all smart ass.  Just what we need. not.
View Quote
Been here since 1999 with an account I can’t recover thanks to the email. But if you seriously can’t figure out how to call a company for customer support, this is what you get as a kick to adult up.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OP
This is not reassuring given that I just bought a G43 last week?  Has anyone else heard of this happening to others/
View Quote
Nope. The rental one at our range has over 10k rounds through it, and is still just fine.

Hell, some fucking idiots the other week hammered a fucking Glock 19 magazine into a 43X, I have no idea how the fuck they pulled that off, but we got the mag out, and the gun is still working fine. It was a bulgy fucker with that mag squeezed in there though.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#22]
....well that's new.  Wonder how the hell that happened.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I have never sent a gun in for repair. How would this work. Have FFL send to Glock? OP, send to Glock? How does it get back to owner? Do you have to pay for additional NICS check? Ship to home or FFL?
View Quote
Call Glock. They may want just the frame. Send it USPS with insurance.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 9:01:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. To answer some questions.....

I am far from being a new shooter. So limp wrist is not a problem. No abuse is given to any of my firearms

As far as round count, I couldn't give an exact number but I would put it in the 500-750 round category. Ammo is always 115 grain from your everyday sources. Winchester, federal, mag tech etc, whatever is cheap.

Defensive rounds are Sig V-crown also in 115 grain.
View Quote
Limp wristing is a bullshit excuse for 99% of Glock problems.

I have almost 7K of full power 124 and 147 through a 43 and it's fine.

You just won the lottery for broke shit.  That is not normal and not the result of anything you did.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Call Glock on Monday.   Send them the whole  gun via UPS or Fed Ex and they'll rebuild or replace it and send it back to you.

I think they'll send a shipping label but not sure.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 9:02:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That would be against the law unless he has an FFL ship it.
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 9:25:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
That is not true....I can legally ship a handgun back to Glock for repairs and not be a FFL !!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is not true....I can legally ship a handgun back to Glock for repairs and not be a FFL !!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, direct return to a manufacturer (without going through an FFL) and replacement with a new serial number is allowed. If he ships through an FFL back to Glock, he'll need to receive the replacement through an FFL.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:14:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes....and no.

You cannot go into a post office and buy a label to ship it back yourself. ATF website

However, if the manufacturer is the one who sends you the label then you can have USPS pick it up or drop it off to have it shipped back.

Clear as mud, no?

Return back to you directly is a non issue IIRC
Link Posted: 10/12/2019 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not through the post office.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
You are incorrect.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
You are incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are incorrect.
Rereading it, the assertion was against using USPS. OP can't do that as a non-FFL, he must use FedEx or UPS.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You are incorrect.
View Quote
Which part?  Because he is absolutely correct in the context of shipping USPS.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:32:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Rereading it, the assertion was against using USPS. OP can't do that as a non-FFL, he must use FedEx or UPS.

Kharn
View Quote
This is the correct answer.
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Glock will replace that frame no problem.

I have sent guns to Glock Inc before, also no problem. I would expect a very short turnaround time since there will be no need to try to diagnose a mysterious problem. You will probably get a frame with the same SN but I'm not 100% sure.

Enjoy your brand new frame.

Did anything "traumatic" happen to the gun? Falls? Drops out of helicopters? Baked in oven? Frozen in dry ice? Anything...
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 4:07:46 PM EDT
[#35]
If nothing serious happened to that Glock.. it could be simply the result of a bad moulding process.. it happens..
Link Posted: 10/13/2019 8:52:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You will probably get a frame with the same SN but I'm not 100% sure.
View Quote
The replacement frames I have seen have the same SN but with an additional character added to the end of it to signify it is a replacement frame.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
OP
View Quote
First time I've seen one crack in that area.

Glock will replace it. Call them.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
+2. Glock is the manufacturer, not the retail seller.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 10:24:05 PM EDT
[#39]
That’s an interesting crack, sucks it happened but Glock will take care of you

I had a Gen2 G23 I traded a buddy for, God only knows the round count or type of ammo used through its life cause it was police surplus before being sold to several of my friends at work before I ended up with it.

Sent it to Glock to have them go through it, found the frame cracked and replaced it for no charge. Rebuilt the entire gun while it was there. Different serial number on the frame though, mailed it directly back to me via FedEx.
Link Posted: 10/14/2019 11:13:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Who else has access to your safe?  That doesn't just happen by sitting in the safe.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 12:56:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Wow...  That is bad.

Think I will stick with my Shield and Walther PPS M2.

Patrick
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 8:23:14 AM EDT
[#43]
In the past, I had the gun shipped directly to my door by Glock. Actually found the package sitting by my front door, no signature required or anything.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:08:55 AM EDT
[#44]
I had a hairline crack in my frame and they gave me a new gun.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Make sure Glock sends you a return label.
I sent a complete G26 back to Glock for repair.  Next Day Air (required by UPS and FedEX for handguns) cost me $82.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Make sure Glock sends you a return label.
I sent a complete G26 back to Glock for repair.  Next Day Air (required by UPS and FedEX for handguns) cost me $82.
View Quote
I think they only do that in the first year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 4:59:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Contact Glock directly, describe the problem, and send them the images.  They will want to know the serial number of the pistol.  They SHOULD send you a shipping label, and advised you of where to drop it off, UPS or FedEx, I can't remember which carrier they use.

You do not need an FFL to ship it back to Glock even if they didn't send you a shipping label.

With the use of an FFL, they can ship it back USPS cheapest method.

If you ship it back yourself, you will be required to use UPS or FedEx and you will have to overnight it.

When Glock sends it back to you, they may require it go through and FFL.  It isn't mandatory, as the manufacturer may issue a replacement as long as it is going back to the same place it came from.

18 USC § 922(a)(2)(A) allows a FFL to return a "replacement firearm of the same kind and type" to a non-licensed person.
Quote:
(a) It shall be unlawful—

(2) for any importer, manufacturer, dealer, or collector licensed under the provisions of this chapter to ship or transport in interstate or foreign commerce any firearm to any person other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, except that—

(A) this paragraph and subsection (b)(3) shall not be held to preclude a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector from returning a firearm or replacement firearm of the same kind and type to a person from whom it was received; and this paragraph shall not be held to preclude an individual from mailing a firearm owned in compliance with Federal, State, and local law to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector...

Per 27 CFR § 478.124(a), no Form 4473 is required when sending a replacement firearm to the same non-licensed person who initially sent in a damaged firearm for "the sole purpose of repair". This allows the replacement to be sent directly to a non-licensed person with no FFL transfer.

Quote:
(a) A licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer shall not sell or otherwise dispose, temporarily or permanently, of any firearm to any person, other than another licensee, unless the licensee records the transaction on a firearms transaction record, Form 4473: Provided, That a firearms transaction record, Form 4473, shall not be required to record the disposition made of a firearm delivered to a licensee for the sole purpose of repair or customizing when such firearm or a replacement firearm is returned to the person from whom received.

I haven't had to replace a glock frame in many years, but at the time Glock did require an FFL for it.

Beretta replaced and entire APX pistol for me a few years back, my personal pistol, and just sent the replacement back to me, with a letter explaining the replacement and assigning the new serial number to me.  I am an FFL, but they didn't know that or ask about it at the time.

It is going to be different per manufacturer, but the above is what ATF follows.

Either way, when you have Glock on the phone ask them how they will handle the shipment back to you in the event they replace the frame and or pistol.  Then you will know how it will be handled.

If you want to read the whole government code for it.   https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?req=(title:18%20section:922%20edition:prelim)
TXPO
Link Posted: 10/15/2019 9:54:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Been trying out 48 mags in your 43?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 8:36:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Any updates yet?
Link Posted: 10/16/2019 10:29:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Been trying out 48 mags in your 43?
View Quote
LOLOLOLOL
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top