Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 10:58:53 AM EDT
I keep looking at the G2c .40 and thinking I would like to try one. No I don't need one, just want to try one. If you have one or had but sold one, what are your thoughts on it?
Is it going to be another shoot and then lose it in the back of the safe gun, or maybe a keeper? Let me what you think of yours or what made you sell it. Thanks
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 2:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a distributor send two G2C's in 9mm to me by mistake 5 years ago. Customer picked his up and I was going to send the other one back. Then I started to look the gun over. Was impressed by the great trigger, loaded chamber indicator, re-strike capability, great ergos for my hands. Was even more impressed with how well the gun shot, and its reliability. It has only choked on on one kind of ammo, Rem jacketed flat nose exposed lead stuff. Everything else has run perfectly in the gun. Only real downside was the cheap plastic sights. Perfectly usable, just cheap. Fortunately solutions abound.

A quick trip to LakeLineLLC got me the following: Stainless recoil assembly (preemptive install) stainless striker sleeve for the same reason, set of steel fiber optic sights (old eyes), and a new trigger (just the lever itself, guts were fine) as I don't like trigger safeties. Trigger came from KeepTinkering.com.

What did I end up with? A $310 carry pistol that has been utterly reliable for over 4k rounds, as accurate as I can shoot a pistol, that just simply does its job.

See no reason the same gun in 40 S&W would be any different. And there are several reviews out there that echo my sentiment. Go for it OP.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ameshawki] [#2]
Had my 9mm for a few years now.  Can't say anything bad about it.  The G2 series just plain works.

I would imagine the 40 will be a handful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top