Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2024 7:40:36 PM EDT
I see a few companies have the 10mm conversion barrels. Are the worth it and any other mods need to be made to shoot 10mm besides a barrel and mags?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I ve used KKM, Storm Lake and Lone Wolf over the years. They all worked without any parts changed.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 12:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
I was given a Storm Lake conversion barrel for my G21 a few years ago another member here on the forum. I picked up a couple of mags and a 20 pound recoil spring to complete the package.

I had one FTF during the first range session with the first mag, but after that, I had no problems further problems with function. Out of the first 100 rounds, I had four cases that ended up with dents at the mouth, but after running through the first 100 rounds that issue stopped occurring.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#3]
I was having some stove pipes when I ran my conversion with a 20lb spring and 180gr ammo, switched to the factory spring and no more problems, for standard ammo 20lb must be too heavy??
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mew:
I was having some stove pipes when I ran my conversion with a 20lb spring and 180gr ammo, switched to the factory spring and no more problems, for standard ammo 20lb must be too heavy??
View Quote

I'm not sure if the 20lb spring is too heavy....it is possible. The guy that gave me the conversion barrel recommended that I go to the 20lb spring and it worked fine in my gun with the Sellier & Bellot 180 Grain FMJ ammo I was running. I have also been told that a G-20 extractor is sometimes necessary, but in my case, that was not an issue.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 10:51:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I spoke to KKM this week and they are no longer offering them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top