Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2021 2:29:44 PM EDT
eassembled and the slide is stuck forward about 1/4". I'm guessing the spring slipped? Trigger is stuck as well. How do I fix this? Thanks!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Lanny McGill
Link Posted: 9/4/2021 6:36:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Pull trigger hard…pull slide to rear…

Take all pins out.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 4:40:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Take all pins out.
View Quote

This and just pull straight up... The trigger, trigger housing, and locking block will all come out of the frame where you can easily separate everything.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 3:44:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This and just pull straight up... The trigger, trigger housing, and locking block will all come out of the frame where you can easily separate everything.
View Quote

All the rails are still going to be embedded in the frame.....What would this accomplish?

The hangup is the striker.  Retract the slide so it is flush to rear of the frame, pull the trigger and pulldown on the slide lock.  The slide should slide off.  Is the locking block in the frame?
Link Posted: 1/4/2022 10:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Try to get the trigger bar to drop down by moving the trigger to the fired position (all the way to the rear).  If you can get the trigger back, without damaging it, then simply give the back of the slide a good wack forward with the flat of your hand.
Link Posted: 2/3/2022 4:52:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I had something like this happen, not sure what causes it. see the return spring sticking out some??
I never did find out what caused it. It used to happen when putting the slide back on. I was thinking
it might be the trigger reset before the slide went back on.
Link Posted: 3/5/2022 10:49:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't force it.  I think the times I have had that happen I held the slide lock in the down position and wiggled the slide a bit to get it to go forward off the frame.

funny but my VP9 never does this.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top