Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2020 10:51:15 AM EDT
What do you recommend for carrying an extra magazine for a G19?  I've got a MTAC I carry the pistol in but have always just had a reload in my pocket.  Dont care whether its IWB or OWB.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:55:28 AM EDT
[#1]
NSR Tactical Glock magazine pouch, it can be carried IWB with a soft loop appendix or anywhere else on your waist
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#2]
THIS is what I use everyday.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:00:55 AM EDT
[#3]
G Code w the paddle mounting option, OWB - ranger band the clamshell - ranger band provides extra retention and extra grip to the belt.  Have used this setup in dozens of classes, plainclothes LE assignments and off duty for apx five years.  Have tried lots of others, this is my constant go to.  I carry the pistol IWB, but carry a 17 round OEM mag in this setup n it's awesome.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 5:29:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I use this.  I bought one out of curiosity years ago since it was so inexpensive.  I think it went seven years or eight years before failing the G retention test.  At that point, I just bought another for $7.  It is very light, thin, and comfortable.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a Tulster IWB for my G43 and their companion mag pouch....I like the wide retention clip

https://tulster.com/echo-mag-carriers/
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 7:43:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Either a Neomag or Bawidamann Shenanigans horizontal mag carrier...sometimes both.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I know some folks have issues with Botach, but I've used them a lot with no issues.  I really like these mag carriers:

https://botach.com/kz-clip-on-magazine-holder-2-pack/

Low profile and very durable.  I've used them for my Taurus 92 for many years.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:17:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Old Gerber Gator knife pouch
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:27:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Bravo Concealment or Raven legacy. With OWB wings.
Link Posted: 2/16/2020 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Old Gerber Gator knife pouch
View Quote
I used to use a Gerber pouch (multi-tool) for my Walther P99 which worked perfectly.  I switched to carrying a G19 but my gerber pouch wouldn't carry a Glock mag (use a G17 mag as backup).  I found the BassPro brand knife pouch works perfect, and it's only about $6.

https://www.basspro.com/shop/en/cabelas-folding-blade-molded-knife-sheath

I brought the pouch up to the gun counter, and asked the guy at the gun counter to remove an empty mag from a G17 to confirm if it would fit in the pouch.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:37:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I use a JM AIWB carrier with a 17 round mag.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 2:44:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Factory Glock pouch. Lightweight, low profile, secure and pulls the mag in tight to the body. Since buying one years ago all of my expensive leather and kydex carriers just sit in a drawer.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:52:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Someone turned me on to Kydex shooting gear. They are very small, minimalist & light. Best I ever tried.

Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
G Code w the paddle mounting option, OWB - ranger band the clamshell - ranger band provides extra retention and extra grip to the belt.  Have used this setup in dozens of classes, plainclothes LE assignments and off duty for apx five years.  Have tried lots of others, this is my constant go to.  I carry the pistol IWB, but carry a 17 round OEM mag in this setup n it's awesome.
View Quote
I've got several G code mag holders with the paddle and with the iwb clip.  I've carried with the iwb clip in the appendix position and it works great.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:03:30 AM EDT
[#17]
$8 Glock brand mag carrier, it’s low profile and stays put
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:30:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I've tried a few, including but these are what I use, like in the pics above:

http://www.kytexgear.com/products-page/pistol-mag-carriers/glock-172231-mag-carrier/

G19, but 17rd reloads.  Also use Kytex for M&P mags...

They stay in close and lock on to the belt.  Haven't ever had one jump off even in run-n-gun events.

Attachment Attached File

ETA:  You can wear them on the inside of the belt/pants if you want them even closer... The mags are not reversible in the carrier, so they'll be backward from normal unless you order strong-side carriers for such.
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 11:34:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Your welcome

Like a BFG 10 Speed pouch that goes IWB.

VERY minimalist.
Highly recommend.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#21]
I'll second (or third) the Kytex mag carriers. I have been using them for years. Super low profile and secure. I did break one last year while getting in the car. Snagged it on the door jam while sitting down. I still think they are the best option I have seen though.
Link Posted: 3/1/2020 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#22]
I really like goodmedicine’s kydex holsters and mag carriers. He’s in the EE holster section.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#23]
A buddy bought me Recover Tactical a while back. They work surprisingly well.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 12:29:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Can’t speak to the Glock OEM magazine carrier but wanted to echo that you don’t need to spend a lot of money for a function setup. I have several different kinds from some random $5 EE pickups to more expensive Bravo Concealment options. I don’t find that the higher end or more expensive options to anything better. If you dress to have the option to carry OWB I vote for that for comfort sake, but that’s coming from someone who carried a spare magazine appendix IWB.

Quoted:
I really like goodmedicine’s kydex holsters and mag carriers. He’s in the EE holster section.
Can’t speak to his magazine carriers but James is a stand up guy and his holsters are great. He stands behind his products and has sent me replacement parts and pieces without question when I’ve had any issue.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I use kytex 1911 carriers and LOVE them
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top