Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2020 10:17:03 PM EDT
Just a shooter, functions 100%.

Was out shooting today noticed the groups were nice but 4" left of center, looked and saw the front sight had drifted to the right.

Ideas to secure/ Red locktite? The rear sight has a set screw, front does not appear to have anything.

UPDATE: sent the slide off USPS on the 13th, got it back today. They did a nice drill/pin job, looks great.

THANKS Ruger for the fast turn around.
Link Posted: 3/11/2020 10:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just a shooter, functions 100%.

Was out shooting today noticed the groups were nice but 4" left of center, looked and saw the front sight had drifted to the right.

Ideas to secure/ Red locktite? The rear sight has a set screw, front does not appear to have anything.
View Quote

One option is to stipple the area under the front sight with a small punch thus adding some friction to the fit. I had a BHP with a loose front sight that I shimmed with a piece of brass shim stock. You might explore these other options before going to locktite. I'd want the sight stable and the fix looking good enough to not affect the resale value.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top