Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Posted: 1/26/2024 6:11:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ttushooter]
Last two trips to the range had numerous failure to ejects from my FNP-45 Tactical.

Pulled it apart and see my ejector is broken.

Attachment Attached File

Googling “FN FNP 45 ejector replacement” got me nowhere.  As I googled more it looks like it is all part of a fire control housing.

Got to Midwest gunworks website and they have an  “FNP fire control housing assembly manual safety in stock” and the decock only model is shown as discontinued.

Attachment Attached File

My gun has the combo flip up to safe flip down to fire and push even further down to decock.  

If I buy the manual safety assembly and install will the gun work, just with a manual safety and no decock?   Because I can live with that.  Or will it not work at all?
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe call FN to start a warranty claim....just an idea.
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
View Quote

Plan to call them on monday about it (they were already closed today), but i'm fully expecting them to tell my my ancient gun is no longer in warranty and am assuming i'll have to fix it myself.  

trying to get an idea of what the fix will look like and if my plan is feasable from folks who are hopefully more knowledgeable
Link Posted: 1/26/2024 7:20:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
View Quote

I've yet to have a single mfr tell me they won't warranty oem parts. Recently sent a 15yr kahr in to get repaired.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By User55645:

I've yet to have a single mfr tell me they won't warranty oem parts. Recently sent a 15yr kahr in to get repaired.
View Quote
You've never warrantied a gun from FN. They'll likely have no parts to fix it, and then want to destroy it and give him a 30% discount on a FNX-45T..
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top