Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2018 3:24:49 PM EDT
LOVE the grip and lack of finger grooves.
Texture seems well balanced aggressive but not chewing up my hands.
Like the flare at the mag well.
LOVE the trigger (for a factory Glock trigger)
Like the front serrations, though I don't use them.
Magazine release button seems, maybe larger? I don't have an older G17, 19 or anything to compare to. It may be just a difference between the girth of the grip between my previous 30s and the 45.

So, how does it shoot?

LoL, my point of reference being 230gr Federal HST from the 30s, 115gr Remington JHP in the 45, recoil feels, very light! And I like the capacity. Carried at 4 o'Clock it doesn't print either, I'm 6'2" 195lb for reference.

Also it feels and looks like maybe the under cut on the trigger guard goes up a little more. The whole trigger guard may be a hair thinner.

So as some may know I didn't shoot my 30s very well. I just don't think my hand and the grip were ever going to get along and I didn't want to try sanding down the finger grooves. Well I will say 2 magazines into it my groups are 1/3 the size of what they were with the 30s. Still about twice the size of my groups with my 1911, but it has target sights, a longer shight radius and obviously a single action trigger.  BUT I don't feel too bad about these groups, I can tell as I practice with it, they will shrink.

My only complaint is in 2018 the sights appear to still be polymer.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

My only complaint is in 2018 the sights appear to still be polymer.
View Quote
You mean the factory dovetail protectors?

Glad you're happy with it. I do think they did pretty good on the gen 5 improvements this time.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the write up. I'm undecided right now between the 45 and 19X. Leaning toward the 45 I think.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the write up. I'm undecided right now between the 45 and 19X. Leaning toward the 45 I think.
View Quote
If it helps any,  I also noticed the full size grip helps with getting a better purchase on the pistol when drawing quickly. And obviously there's the magazine capacity. Conceals fine and disappears at the 4 o'Clock. But prints heavy at 3 o'Clock ISWB. Unless you can't have it printing,  and can't or won't carry at 4 o'clock I personally don't see a reason to go for the 19.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
For me, the biggest pro in the 45's favor over the 19X is the ability to take any generation magazines. The little protrusion at the front of the 19X's grip keeps it from being able to accept some mags.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For me, the biggest pro in the 45's favor over the 19X is the ability to take any generation magazines. The little protrusion at the front of the 19X's grip keeps it from being able to accept some mags.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I didn't know that. Are older gen mags easy to find and cheaper? Because that would be great news for range/practice use.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Love my G45 with the Ameriglo sights, think I will get another as back up.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 8:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Love my G45 with the Ameriglo sights, think I will get another as back up.
View Quote

I like it a lot too...not enough to buy another just because though. A friend of mine is really trying to push me onto a Sig Sauer Legion. But for some reason, just not that interested.
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 10:50:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Now I just need to figure out if I want some different sights. I think I want some night sights but my friends nudging me to get the slide cut and a red dot on it....
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agreed! That said, I have both and as much as I thought I would prefer the G45 due to the mag compatibility situation and the front cocking serrations, I prefer the 19x simply because it has a better trigger. You can't go wrong with either though and if you are like me and have a lots of Gen 4 and Gen 5 G17 mags already in your possession, then the G45 is a no brainer.
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:00:20 AM EDT
[#10]
What holster are you using?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 6:11:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What holster are you using?
View Quote
Funny enough the holster I had for the 30s works. It isn't as snug as it was with the 30s but I can turn it upside down and the pistol won't fall out. (And it's a ISWB holster)
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 12:42:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad you like it.  Curious, why this over the 17?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I appreciate it too OP.

I'm in the same boat.  But since they both have the same grip length, the "fixes" Glock made with the 45 to make it more attractive to the LEO market I think are going to push me to it too.

Not really sure I like the lanyard loop, yea I know you can remove it, or the ability to only take Gen 1-4 mags.  Like to keep that option open.

Little Glock comparison

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 9:58:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Few small things,  balance,  and im sitting 70% or more of my day.  I never tried a Glock 17, but I did carry a full size 1911 for a few years.  And the longer slide was sometimes, well I wouldn't say annoyance, but it was noticeable at times like getting in my car and buckling up, often the slide was fighting for space with the belt latch. So I had my suspicions a 17 may do the same. Also a little less weight, with my back problems weight has become an issue. The model 45 is within a couple tenths of my previous 30s when both are fully loaded. As it is I have started wearing suspenders to carry any "real" gun daily. If I don't wear them, I have my LCP in my pocket, and I like having more gun than that if I can. This is also why I wasn't looking at the model 19. Since I'm dropping down from .45ACP to 9x19, I want a lot more capacity. So for me it's the culmination of a lot of little things that added up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now I just need to figure out if I want some different sights. I think I want some night sights but my friends nudging me to get the slide cut and a red dot on it....
View Quote
Just got mine back from being milled for a RMR.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Few small things,  balance,  and im sitting 70% or more of my day.  I never tried a Glock 17, but I did carry a full size 1911 for a few years.  And the longer slide was sometimes, well I wouldn't say annoyance, but it was noticeable at times like getting in my car and buckling up, often the slide was fighting for space with the belt latch. So I had my suspicions a 17 may do the same. Also a little less weight, with my back problems weight has become an issue. The model 45 is within a couple tenths of my previous 30s when both are fully loaded. As it is I have started wearing suspenders to carry any "real" gun daily. If I don't wear them, I have my LCP in my pocket, and I like having more gun than that if I can. This is also why I wasn't looking at the model 19. Since I'm dropping down from .45ACP to 9x19, I want a lot more capacity. So for me it's the culmination of a lot of little things that added up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice.  I'm sure it will serve you well.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Just got mine back from being milled for a RMR.
https://i.ibb.co/YXd2wPk/20181222-194625.jpg
View Quote
Who did the cut and which suppressor height sights are you running?
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I have around a dozen Glocks and the G45 is now my favorite.  It feels great in my hands and feels pretty balanced.  Brass casings are flung out with authority unlike my Gen4's and it's just a flat shooter.  I'm waiting on the G45 MOS to come out so I can get one of those too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 8:49:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Who did the cut and which suppressor height sights are you running?
View Quote
Battle Werx did the milling (highly recommend) and the sights are Trijicon suppressor night sights here:
https://www.amazon.com/Trijicon-Suppressor-White-Outline-Models/dp/B00BRGT7IW/ref=pd_rhf_gw_p_img_13?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=M3DEJCEKRNZ5W5GDGKQX
Link Posted: 12/26/2018 4:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]
After coming back and reading the rest of this thread the G45 made sense for me. Ordered one tonight. Still wouldn’t mind a 19X sometime just because. Thanks again for the info. Very helpful.
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#21]
So it would seem at the close distance I fired the first two mags and maybe it had something to do with the ammo (115gr Remington UMC JHP) it was hitting a little low from POA. But my carry load (124gr Federal HST) shoots to POA as does 115gr PMC Bronze. And after a few hundred rounds oh boy, I love this Glock!

Here's a slow fire 5 shot group from about 25'.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:56:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 5:51:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Same here
View Quote
I have both.

If I had to do it over I would have two G45s.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:24:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Ya'll reckon they will do a 45 MOS?  I really like the 45 but want RDS (now due to eyes). I know milling is better but the extra cost is off putting.  I just got a Gen5 19 MOS and am actually considering selling my gen3 G34 to fund another 19 MOS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Ya'll reckon they will do a 45 MOS?  I really like the 45 but want RDS (now due to eyes). I know milling is better but the extra cost is off putting.  I just got a Gen5 19 MOS and am actually considering selling my gen3 G34 to fund another 19 MOS.
View Quote
Of course they will. The question is when. You might as well wait until after SHOT before you buy another 19 MOS.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:54:06 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've owned MOS models and while convenient to be able to slap on a RMR right away, the system is less than ideal and having your slide milled properly is a much better route to go. It is annoying to have to invest more money into a Glock, but in the long run it is the better option. MOS = Much Optic Suck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I have both.

If I had to do it over I would have two G45s.
View Quote
In a way I kind of agree. Now if you are heavily invested in Gen 3/4 mags and don't ever plan to run a RMR then the 19x makes a lot of sense.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 11:13:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
That was my question, but rather than wait I went ahead and bought the G45. The Smith shop that had it, has a CNC mill lathe etc. And cuts slides as well as makes custom slides. So if I want ti put a RMR on it,  it's not a big deal. Heck I pass the place everyday going to work.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 2:10:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

That was my question, but rather than wait I went ahead and bought the G45. The Smith shop that had it, has a CNC mill lathe etc. And cuts slides as well as makes custom slides. So if I want ti put a RMR on it,  it's not a big deal. Heck I pass the place everyday going to work.
View Quote
Kinda where I was... didn't want to wait.  I know there is a lot of MOS hate out there I just can't justify the added expense.  It is a compromise but hey such is life.....  I wanted the Gen5 so the MOS made the most sense.. If they do indeed come out with the 45MOS I will probably get one since I like the full grip.  I will probably sell my G34.3 to put towards the 45... or the 19x if they do MOS in that! I love the way that thing looks!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Kinda where I was... didn't want to wait.  I know there is a lot of MOS hate out there I just can't justify the added expense.  It is a compromise but hey such is life.....  I wanted the Gen5 so the MOS made the most sense.. If they do indeed come out with the 45MOS I will probably get one since I like the full grip.  I will probably sell my G34.3 to put towards the 45... or the 19x if they do MOS in that! I love the way that thing looks!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I haven't read anywhere why people don't like the MOS? Like, what the problems/issues with it are. I may start a separate thread asking about this if I can't find a decent thread with an answer without spending hours sifting through search results. My best friend is really considering a 19MOS and he and his father have about got me convinced to get my slide cut and an RMR. But I'm enjoying the pistol so much right now, I'm just leaving it alone for the moment and shooting it. It's really a pleasure to shoot over that 30S... I almost feel sorry for whoever ended up with that thing.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I haven't read anywhere why people don't like the MOS? Like, what the problems/issues with it are. I may start a separate thread asking about this if I can't find a decent thread with an answer without spending hours sifting through search results. My best friend is really considering a 19MOS and he and his father have about got me convinced to get my slide cut and an RMR. But I'm enjoying the pistol so much right now, I'm just leaving it alone for the moment and shooting it. It's really a pleasure to shoot over that 30S... I almost feel sorry for whoever ended up with that thing.
View Quote
There are plenty of posts stating why, do a quick google search and you'll be sure to find out in short order. Crap mounting system overall, the optic sits too high, not enough contact without an additional sealer plate, loose fitting and poor dimensions, etc. Is it the worst thing ever, no, but it can be and is done much better by other makes and by numerous shops every single day.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 12:25:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I just got my G45 with Ameriglo nights sights in (orange front), going to take it out today to shoot it.

I did have a G19X, I liked it but the longer grip on the front only allowing Gen5 mags was the breaker for me. I then dyed the grip black and the G45 came out and I sold the G19X.

I really like the looks of the front serrations, no use for me and I'm sure just because its different is the attraction.

The real attractions to me are the trigger, the balance of the pistol and no finger grooves. Dare I say this, but this may be the first Glock I don't do anything to. (no grinding off finger grooves, stipple work or replacing the sights).

I did buy a few extra Gen5 magazines for the pistol, you can never have too many Glock mags right?

I also carry the pistol in a Milt Sparks, all black, horsehide, Summer Special made for the 19X, so ambi controls fit perfect.

More on a range report later today, OP thanks for yours.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 4:22:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Built up my 19x, still waiting on barrel and comp.  Wife like it so much she got the 45 since she couldn't carry the 19x due to color.  Both are good guns.  Just personal preference.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#34]

I love this light!!! And I love it on this Glock!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top