Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2018 6:47:43 PM EDT
Ive got a 1st gen LCP that just won’t feed right, Ive had it for years, but it’s been in storage. Anyone have success sending a first gen back with this issue?

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 7:00:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one (no issues with it though) so in just to see the responses. Ruger's CS is awesome though so they will probably take care of you. They had my MKIV 22/45 Lite back to me real quick.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What's going on with it?  Have you been using good ammo and lubricating it properly?
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have, using ball, hp, and just about any .380 I could find, just isn’t consistent. Maybe 500 rounds though it....
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#4]
The Russian ammo fed the best, but still FTf. C
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:23:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Russian ammo fed the best, but still FTf. C
View Quote
That's interesting the ONLY failure I have had was because of some Tula ammo. Not sure what was out of spec, but I got a round that wouldn't allow the pistol to go into battery. After that I stopped buying it, even for plinking. Call Ruger OP, tell us what they say, I bet they say send it in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly what brands of ammo have you tried?  What does the malfunction look like?  The round makes it partially into the chamber?  How are you lubricating it?  Are your magazines Italian Mec-Gars or US ones?

Without hearing more here is what I would do:

-Clean it
-Rack the slide about 1000 times
-Lubricate it with Mobil 1 5W-30 synthetic
-Replace the recoil springs
-Shoot several hundred rounds with Fiocchi ammo
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 10:51:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Update?
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Just found this old thread. Bought a LCP II, and got sidetracked, never sent in the LCP. LCP II runs great, going to call Ruger CS this morning.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Called Ruger, pistol is on its way to North Carolina for repair...Ruger was good with sending a return label, the pistol is 10 years old.....
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 6:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
You like the LCPII?  I just saw one for the first time.  Didn't even know that was a thing.  Still carry my original one occasionally.  I see it has better sights and a little wider grip.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Love the LCP II, totally different pistol, easer and more comfortable to shoot, and the sights are an improvement.  I’ve delayed pulling the trigger on a Glock 43 because of it....the LCP line conceales well, I drop it in my pocket in the morning, and you’ll forget you are even carrying....I’m a smaller guy, 5’10, 180, and don’t like IWB carry.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#12]
I’m going to send the LCP down the road, but only if it runs right. A used LCP isn’t worth much, I don’t want to be that guy that sells off unreliable trash...

I love Ruger firearms, lots of bang for the buck, and their firearms are just as good as the high dollar HK I carry at work.  I still have my P89.....
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#13]
LCP should be back tomorrow.  Ruger never sent me an email telling me what was wrong, should be interesting to see what they found.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
LCP should be back tomorrow.  Ruger never sent me an email telling me what was wrong, should be interesting to see what they found.
View Quote
they didn't spend a helluva lot of time on it
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

they didn't spend a helluva lot of time on it
View Quote
Poignant, and likely correct.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Put the Wolf heavier recoil spring in it.  I think its 14lbs.  Fixed mine from failing to go into bettery.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#17]
If the problem isn't corrected, going to have to do something. Even if I sell it, Id feel wrong selling off a problem pistol...
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 5:32:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Wasn’t expecting this

According to the work order, Ruger replaced the slide, barrel, internals, and frame. They rebuilt the pistol after I’ve owned it for 10 years, no charge.  Think I’ll buy another Ruger pistol just to say thanks......
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Enjoy the new gun and let us know how it shoots. I have one and so does the wife. She has the Custom model,it was mine until she shot it and I really liked the trigger.  I replaced the trigger on it with one from Galloway Precision. It is a chunk to spend,compared to the gun cost itself, but I figure my life is worth it and my accuracy has improved by the addition. You would be hard pressed to find a better deal than the LCP for a mouse gun.
Link Posted: 9/19/2018 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Just the S/N.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#22]
Man that is awesome. Ruger’s service rocks. I have a gen I and love it. Great summer gun when I am not carrying a gun.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wasn’t expecting this

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/119894/18ADA643-FA11-4555-B440-EBE39D57FFD4-642327.jpg

According to the work order, Ruger replaced the slide, barrel, internals, and frame. They rebuilt the pistol after I’ve owned it for 10 years, no charge.  Think I’ll buy another Ruger pistol just to say thanks......
View Quote
I sent back an AR556 that had been having stuck case issues from day one. I hesitated to send it back because it was so accurate.

Ruger replaced everything except the carrier, lower and FCG. I had it back in less than 2 weeks from sending it in, including labor day weekend.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:01:08 PM EDT
[#24]
My wife’s LCP is the older gen I with the longer, heavier trigger pull. It has a raspberry colored frame which she obviously wants to keep. I wonder if Ruger will upgrade it to the newer trigger/pre-cock combination under warranty?  Anyone have experience with that?
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 6:01:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My wife’s LCP is the older gen I with the longer, heavier trigger pull. It has a raspberry colored frame which she obviously wants to keep. I wonder if Ruger will upgrade it to the newer trigger/pre-cock combination under warranty?  Anyone have experience with that?
View Quote
No, Ruger will rebuild the gun in the exact configuration that it left the factory, no modifications allowed.
If you are referring the to the new trigger mechanism of the LCP2 then there truly is no upgrade path, the two trigger designs are not compatible.

On option for a better trigger pull on a Gen 1 LCP is to upgrade to a Sweet Pea trigger sold by RTK or Galloway Precision.
Link Posted: 12/27/2018 12:18:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

On option for a better trigger pull on a Gen 1 LCP is to upgrade to a Sweet Pea trigger sold by RTK or Galloway Precision.
View Quote
Another is the FWT spring kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top