Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2022 10:55:41 AM EDT
I went to my first firearms auction yesterday at my lgs. I did not expect to find any real good deals but there was some great scores like an LNIB SW TR8 that went for 875 (really wished I went for that) or a new king cobra for 700 but being a recent grad suffering from the Biden economic haircut, I limited my self to a BNIB PX4 9mm for 300 and this 1985 security 6 I picked up for 375.

Not really sure where the values of these are at and everybody likes talk about the 200 buck pawn shop finds from 10 years ago, or those sub 300 model 10s from a couple years ago (the 10-4 in the previous lot also went for 375) but I hope I got a good deal on a good shooter.  Most of the bluing besides the wear points on the cylinder, trigger guard and muzzle are still in good shape and the internals look good.

Besides Ruger no longer supporting these anymore is there anything I should know? Parts to stock up on? I need to go buy some 357 mag now .

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:23:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that you got a good deal on it. I bought one in a little better condition a few years ago (still haven;t shot it) and paid about 5 bills for it. Ruger no longer supports these models so if you want, check out GB and look for some trigger assemblies for spare parts. They can be found for pretty cheap. Great score!
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have grabbed it also.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 2:24:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Good grab
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top