Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2022 2:17:17 AM EDT
Long story short, I am being offered a killer deal on an Uberti 1875 in 44-40, which, if the deal goes through, comes with holster and a whopping 30 rounds of ammo. Of course I can buy the bullet mold/dies/etc to reload that caliber with those 30 brass, but I thought it might be fun to find some more ammo...I guess I wasn't paying attention to the uncommon calibers very much. The common ones are back on the shelves all over the place, but it seems the uncommon ones are sidelined to make room for the hot sellers, which makes good business sense. So, the question I have, does anyone know a place that has 44-40 ammo on hand, online?
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 6:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing on Ammoseek.

Thankfully, I had 250 rounds of Winchester and Buffalo Bore put back for my Winchester 1873 when the drought came.
Link Posted: 8/8/2022 11:38:08 PM EDT
[#2]
https://choiceammunition.com/product-category/cowboy-action/cowboy-44/44-40-wcf-cowboy/

This will come back into stock. It’s not cheap, but you’ll get good brass out of the deal and this outfit has a good reputation.
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 12:26:02 AM EDT
[#3]
reloading 44-40, like 32-20,22 Hornet, 38-40 etc is tricky....I guess I am too ham handed to do it well, since I crumpled the case mouths probably at a rate of 1 out of 5 cases.
the case mouths are very thin....for calibers like this I just gave up reloading....YMMV
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
gunbroker
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#5]
There was an issue with the firearm and I no longer have it...which sucks because it was a sweet shooter.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top