Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2020 12:09:00 AM EDT
Ever since getting into 365s and now 365 XLs, I wanted a way to mount a decent WML...something better than a TLR6 or OLight...and then a good AIWB kydex to match it.

I don’t have to extol the virtues of the 365XL but the  pistol is perfect for AIWB and a good WML doesn’t add much to its weight, adding a ton of versatility.

Someone here pointed out the Tactical Development Rail adapter and away I went! It was what the XL should have come with. Long enough for a decent light but no real added width.

Picked it up about the time the improved switches for the TLR7 came out and I knew the TLR7a was the best compromise between quality and size.

With those parts covered, the hard part came: no one makes a holster for a pistol with a proprietary rail.

I’ve emailed and called all manner of holster makers, offering to send my rail and light if it would help mold a holster.

No luck.

Well, Tactical Development came through again. On their product page, they link to several manufacturers and I swear I checked with each of them when I bought the rail, with no luck.

After emailing TD, his reply pointed me there again and this time I found what I’ve been looking for.

Mckinatec Holsters makes a holster with several WMLs around the TD rail adapter. Of course, it’ll be weeks before it’s ready but that’s just fine.

So, if you’re looking for what I was looking for, I’ve found it.

Hope this might help.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:06:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Tactical development put together a decent list for holster manufacturers.

I went with Black Rhino for an Olight PL-2 mini, but it was extremely uncomfortable because the QD lever on the Olight sticks out further than anything else. Thus the holster has a weird protrusion that dug into my thigh.

I recently switched to a SureFire XC1-B. It seems to be more streamlined with the width of the P365xl. I'm currently waiting on a holster from Divito's Customs. Hopefully it doesn't add too much bulk and I can finally start carrying it.

I currently carry an HK USP40 FS, and am looking forward to using my "summer carry."
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I went with a mckinatech owb

Just recieved it yesterday. I would have like for it to have the weave pattern the website shows it with. But it’s a fitted holster with light and rds cut. And that was my criteria.

So far it feels nice. A little loose on retention. And it’s pretty basic. But it’s also only $47 so that’s not too bad.

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 5:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Krashdog:
I went with a mckinatech owb 

Just recieved it yesterday. I would have like for it to have the weave pattern the website shows it with. But it’s a fitted holster with light and rds cut. And that was my criteria.

So far it feels nice. A little loose on retention. And it’s pretty basic. But it’s also only $47 so that’s not too bad.

View Quote

@Krashdog

Well dang...I guess I'm truly following your lead! You're the one who put me onto the TD rail...

Save me some time...What's your next XL move?

I ordered the Kina Flex for AIWB.

How long was your wait on the holster?

Link Posted: 5/8/2020 8:10:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RegularJoe58:

@Krashdog

Well dang...I guess I'm truly following your lead! You're the one who put me onto the TD rail...

Save me some time...What's your next XL move? 

I ordered the Kina Flex for AIWB. 

How long was your wait on the holster? 

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RegularJoe58:
I went with a mckinatech owb 

Just recieved it yesterday. I would have like for it to have the weave pattern the website shows it with. But it’s a fitted holster with light and rds cut. And that was my criteria.

So far it feels nice. A little loose on retention. And it’s pretty basic. But it’s also only $47 so that’s not too bad.

@Krashdog

Well dang...I guess I'm truly following your lead! You're the one who put me onto the TD rail...

Save me some time...What's your next XL move? 

I ordered the Kina Flex for AIWB. 

How long was your wait on the holster? 

I say the total time was 3 weeks. I never received a shipping mail. It just showed up. But it arrived sooner than I thought. I’ll probably order an iwb as well.

I’m glad you like the rail. A little pricey but I love it.

So far she’s been a great pistol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 11:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]

I say the total time was 3 weeks. I never received a shipping mail. It just showed up. But it arrived sooner than I thought. I’ll probably order an iwb as well.

I’m glad you like the rail. A little pricey but I love it. 

So far she’s been a great pistol.
View Quote

Thanks Krash.

I'll pick up a 2nd rail as soon as the holster comes in and it works well enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top