Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2022 12:18:30 PM EDT
I'm not yet going to red dot sights as my eyesight is still decent but I would like to try a fiber optic sight on the front.

Are they a little better or more better than standard fronts with or without a white bead?

Faster to pick up and as accurate?

If there is no real gain then I'll wait till I go to electronic red dots.  Only fiber optic I have is on a shotgun but I shoot no better or worse on doves with it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are outside with light FO are great.  If in the dark or inside, not so much.  Some companies make a hybrid Tritium and Fiber Optic sight that works well in any light.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 2:02:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Size of the FO rod and color make a difference.

I had one pistol with a FO front sight on it, XDM 5.25 9MM.  Amber/red.  Hated it.  It was like looking at a big red softball on the end of the slide.  Shot the irons (with my glasses) much better on the 3.8" XDM 9MM.

Years later I got a CZ Tact. Sport with a smaller diameter green FO front sight and I like it.  I like it a lot.  It's there.  I can see it.  It doesn't jump out and overpower by eyes..

Also, if you get a red dot on your pistol you may be affected by the color of the FO front sight vs. the red dot.  I had a DP Pro installed on my wife's CZ75 Compact with a red FO front sight.  The red dot in the DP Pro and the red FO front sight confused her.  Changed the front sight to green and she was happy as could be.  One red, one green, no worries about which one she was supposed to be putting on the target.
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 3:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Size of the FO rod and color make a difference.

I had one pistol with a FO front sight on it, XDM 5.25 9MM.  Amber/red.  Hated it.  It was like looking at a big red softball on the end of the slide.  Shot the irons (with my glasses) much better on the 3.8" XDM 9MM.

Years later I got a CZ Tact. Sport with a smaller diameter green FO front sight and I like it.  I like it a lot.  It's there.  I can see it.  It doesn't jump out and overpower by eyes..

Also, if you get a red dot on your pistol you may be affected by the color of the FO front sight vs. the red dot.  I had a DP Pro installed on my wife's CZ75 Compact with a red FO front sight.  The red dot in the DP Pro and the red FO front sight confused her.  Changed the front sight to green and she was happy as could be.  One red, one green, no worries about which one she was supposed to be putting on the target.
View Quote

Thanks good advice on the front dot color.
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 11:16:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Nightfision.com
I have their front sight on a 40C 4", 9C 4" and Shield .45
Great sight
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Try Nightfision.com
Great sight
View Quote

I like the looks of them,especially the yellow outline front sight. I should have bought a set of those,maybe still will.

I have some fiber optic sights on a couple Glocks, from Hi Viz and Tru Glo, but I don't like the red fronts as they don't grab my attention as much as the yellow or green ones on the rear. I prefer a contrast for easier alignment. On one of my pistols, I have a plain green f.o. rear and a night sight on the front with the white outline and it really grabs my attention. As I get older, the red color doesn't make it easier to line up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:54:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I just switched to a green fiber optics sight on a M60 revolver. It’s night and day better. It has to be pretty dark for it not to grab some light and be seen.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 3:59:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy once, cry once, RMR all the things.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Try Nightfision.com
Great sight
View Quote

I am a big fan. I like a big dot up front and a black rear and Night Fision sells just the front sight and I will black out the white dots on a OEM rear sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top