Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/5/2022 5:15:14 PM EDT
I'm really loving the Crossdraw Supertuck and Reckoning holsters for my S & W Shield.  The Supertuck seems more appropriate for summer with its larger leather backing to keep sweat off the gun, but I dig both of them.

I'm a "big" guy even though I've lost a lot of weight, and I really love the leather backing to keep the from biting into the love handles, as discussed in this video.

BEST Holster for a FAT Guy!

What's your favorite flavor?

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:20:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Milt Sparks VM2

/Thread
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Sparks is probably the gold standard, but I don't have the kind of time to wait for them.

Ryan Grizzle is my favorite and makes great products.  Far superior to the kydex and cheap leather stuff that is so popular.

Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Milt Sparks Summer Special 2, followed closed by MS VM2.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#4]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:16:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Vedder LightTuck
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Vedder light tuck carbon fiber holstex
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:22:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Vedder for kydex, MS SS2 for leather.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Tulster Profile.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Concealment Express has been my go to lately. Most comfortable IWB/Tuck I have had. The "Claw" feature does a great job rolling the butt of the pistol closer to my back when using a 3:30-4:00 oclock carry. I can carry a G2C with a 17 round mag and it still practically disappears.

Next up will be the same type for my Sig P250, followed by one for a J-frame. Good stuff done simply and well, quick shipping and fair prices.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 2:23:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Bravo concealment for my 19 has been amazing.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 10:17:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Milt Sparks or Ryan Grizzle
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Vedder Light Tuck is my EDC.  I like it but I wish the claw was thicker so the grip would tuck in a bit more.  Any suggestions other than wrapping tape around the wedge?

I ordered an IWB holster from Cascadia Concealment and the wedge is perfect.  Unfortunately it's for my SP-01 which I don't want to carry every day due to weight.
Link Posted: 1/7/2022 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#13]
My favorite hybrid IWB holster is the Black Arch Protos M.
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 11:41:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m thinking about picking up a Incog (GCode) IWB Holster for a G19 w/ TLR7a.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 3:01:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Milt Sparks VM2 - been wearing one for 20 plus years. I try the “latest and greatest “ but always come back to it
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:19:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’m thinking about picking up a Incog (GCode) IWB Holster for a G19 w/ TLR7a.
View Quote

That's my go to.  Very solid holster!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:55:42 PM EDT
[#17]
I picked up a S&W PC Shield Plus and went with the Crossbreed Minituck (left hand version). I think the Supertuck is a bit much for the pistol's size. I would have gotten the combat cut done with the Super for a better grab and the mini comes standard that way. I also went with the horsehide backing as opposed to the black leather as it wicks better plus a couple xtra clips.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I'll probably end up getting this in a right hand carry.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:58:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I picked up a S&W PC Shield Plus and went with the Crossbreed Minituck (left hand version). I think the Supertuck is a bit much for the pistol's size.
View Quote

I went with the Supertuck for the summer:  I'd rather get a wide leather panel all sweaty as opposed to the gun taking the moisture.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:20:59 PM EDT
[#19]
I've tried traditional IWB, but have never been able to jive with it. I used to detest AIWB, but tried it again a couple of years ago and found a sweet spot.

These three are my current favorite rotation...

Henry Holsters Flint (P10C), Tenicor Velo (365), and JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 (VP9)

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:52:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've tried traditional IWB, but have never been able to jive with it. I used to detest AIWB, but tried it again a couple of years ago and found a sweet spot.

These three are my current favorite rotation...

Henry Holsters Flint (P10C), Tenicor Velo (365), and JMCK AIWB Wing Claw 2.0 (VP9)

https://a4.pbase.com/g12/07/240307/2/172304951.RFSYGyrN.jpg
View Quote

Which of these 3 rotates the grip into your body the most?
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 8:19:19 AM EDT
[#21]
I would say Black Arch, but they decided they don’t want my money.

Don’t offer anymore and refuse to make a common gun+light. I even offered to send them the plastic from my last two holsters so they don’t have to do any mould work. I get it if they don’t stock a specific combo to mould with. I really liked their leather+plastic+mesh design. Really keeps sweat off the gun. After about 3 years now, I’ve rusted the hardware so much that it rotted through the leather. Some might say that only 3 years isn’t very good, but considering how hard I am on it, often soaked in sweat for 12+ hour days, I’m happy.

Looking at a crossbreed minituck now. Came to the handgun section for some current-market holster recommendations myself.

My problem with the crossbreed is that it doesn’t have that moisture barrier I’m accustomed to with the BA. I mean it when I say that I sweat like a sumbitch in the summer. For discretion and concealment, I’d also take off their stock clips and recycle some old ones. Don’t want the crucifix design to attract any eyes.

Otherwise, in general, for IWB, I think hybrid holsters are the way. I can’t imagine stuffing a full kydex holster in my waistband for all day wear in any conditions. I also don’t see the point in full leather.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Which of these 3 rotates the grip into your body the most?
View Quote

Hard to say really...they all do a good job of tucking the grip in close.

I'd say the Velo, followed by the Flint...but it's probably more a function of grip size than difference in holster design. I'm not fat, but not skinny either...kinda "normal" 50 year old dad bod I guess (5'10", 212lbs., 35" waist)? I can conceal the 365XL and the P10C easily under a t-shirt (I just have to be conscious of moving/bending certain ways with the CZ)...the HK will conceal, but the small amount of extra grip size over the CZ will print just a little easier. The VP9 is usually relegated to cold-weather carry when I can wear additional outer layers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Hard to say really...they all do a good job of tucking the grip in close.

I'd say the Velo, followed by the Flint...but it's probably more a function of grip size than difference in holster design. I'm not fat, but not skinny either...kinda "normal" 50 year old dad bod I guess (5'10", 212lbs., 35" waist)? I can conceal the 365XL and the P10C easily under a t-shirt (I just have to be conscious of moving/bending certain ways with the CZ)...the HK will conceal, but the small amount of extra grip size over the CZ will print just a little easier. The VP9 is usually relegated to cold-weather carry when I can wear additional outer layers.
View Quote

Cool, appreciate the response.  I've been using Dara for AIWB but am always looking for the next best thing and my holster drawer will attest to that.  I don't have any holsters with 'wedges' like the Velo has and wonder how much they help as well.
Link Posted: 1/27/2022 3:44:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Cool, appreciate the response.  I've been using Dara for AIWB but am always looking for the next best thing and my holster drawer will attest to that.  I don't have any holsters with 'wedges' like the Velo has and wonder how much they help as well.
View Quote

I like the molded-in subdued wedge on the Velo (the Flint has one also), they definitely seem to help keep the grip in tight against the body. I've got various foam wedges that I've tried on the JMCK, but haven't really found one that I've settled on...or decided if I'm even going to use a wedge on that one.

Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Anybody thinking about Crossbreed options should take a look at the Crossbreed Seconds site.

Great communication and customer service.  Really quick answers to questions via email.  Just ordered a couple belts and couldn't be happier.  Going to follow up with a mag carrier and I'll definitely look there next time I need a holster.

Not affiliated in any way, just impressed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2022 1:43:17 PM EDT
[#26]
I don't have a favorite, just a bunch for different times of the year and for dress type.
Galco, Vedder, Crossbreed and Alien Gear make up the bulk of my IWB holsters.
Link Posted: 1/30/2022 4:29:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Milt Sparks VM-2.  I have several.  But, dang . . . the wait time, now.

Ordered one for my new Sig P320 on July 9, 2021.  Still waiting for it.  That'll be SEVEN (7) frikkin' months in 11 more days.
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 5:26:13 PM EDT
[#28]
It's still Tier 1
Link Posted: 1/31/2022 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#29]
CompTac Infidel
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Another vote for Ryan Grizzle. Amazing holsters and great folks to do business with!

Though, I do still like my old Kolbeson Leatherworks lined kydex hybrid.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 6:38:23 PM EDT
[#31]
After wearing both the Supertuck and reckoning for a few weeks, I have to say I'm more sold on the Supertuck.  The wider and taller backing is more comfortable and doesn't "poke" you as much.  Plus the fixed belt clips seem to attach and stay in place better than the rotating clips on the Reckoning.  I actually availed myself of the extra hardware on my Reckoning and converted it to an OWB.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:15:31 AM EDT
[#32]
I’m digging the Incog holsters right now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Top Top