Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2022 12:00:28 PM EDT
Anybody have one of these? Anyone know if a 5" is coming?

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp-m20-1?sku=13353&preselect=1
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting find, never seen one before. Must be fairly new but that page also says LE only.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Interesting find, never seen one before. Must be fairly new but that page also says LE only.
View Quote

Bah, they always say le only... give it a bit and it will be generally avail.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 1:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting that it shows the old style trigger.
Link Posted: 5/9/2022 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Does anyone know if the Aimpoint P-2 is compatible with the M&P 10MM? None of the plastic plates included in the box were marked for an Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Interesting that it shows the old style trigger.
View Quote

Which is honestly a lot better
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#6]
You will have to get an ACRO plate to fit it. I suggest buying the B&T plate directly from Aimpoint.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 11:29:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You will have to get an ACRO plate to fit it. I suggest buying the B&T plate directly from Aimpoint.
View Quote

No, that would be for the regular optics ready models. This model has the ACRO cut in the slide -- no plate required.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting.

I wonder if an aftermarket cut would sit lower?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Will this plate for the acro work on the m&p 2.0 core?
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#10]
These shipping yet?
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interesting.  I wonder if an aftermarket cut would sit lower?
View Quote

I doubt it.  S&W does their factory cuts based on the positioning of the striker block retainer plate they use and the bottom of the rear iron dovetail.  Aftermarket cuts also pretty much mirror the same depth of cut.  The problem with the Acro cut it that since you don't have a flat bottom of the sight pressing down on the slide the Acro doesn't have anything to retain the striker block plunger plate and spring.  You pretty much need to either avoid that area with the cut or use a plate that retains it.  I will say that after using a P-1 and a P2 on two different Glock setups that the included sights on the dedicated Acro M&P seem way higher than necessary.
Link Posted: 7/15/2022 3:34:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I doubt it.  S&W does their factory cuts based on the positioning of the striker block retainer plate they use and the bottom of the rear iron dovetail.  Aftermarket cuts also pretty much mirror the same depth of cut.  The problem with the Acro cut it that since you don't have a flat bottom of the sight pressing down on the slide the Acro doesn't have anything to retain the striker block plunger plate and spring.  You pretty much need to either avoid that area with the cut or use a plate that retains it.  I will say that after using a P-1 and a P2 on two different Glock setups that the included sights on the dedicated Acro M&P seem way higher than necessary.
View Quote

Do the sights on this m&p seem high enough that it would almost be in the way when looking through the acro?
Link Posted: 8/11/2022 11:14:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Anyone order one of these?
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:03:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Which is honestly a lot better
View Quote

Glad I’m not the only one. I like the revolver style trigger.
Link Posted: 8/12/2022 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Do the sights on this m&p seem high enough that it would almost be in the way when looking through the acro?
View Quote

Idk about the acro, but these sights on a M&P that uses an optics plate the irons are super low in the window, useable, but lower than 1/3.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone order one of these?
View Quote

I have one now, but need to find another ACRO P2 in stock.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 12:14:36 PM EDT
[#17]
"Law Enforcement only" I hate when gun companies do that.
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 1:35:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

How do you like it? I guess you didn’t shoot it yet since you don’t have the acro p2 yet?
Link Posted: 8/18/2022 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Eh, with S&W it's more of a Law Enforcement First thing. All their LE guns end up on gunbroker and what not.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:13:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

How do you like it? I guess you didn’t shoot it yet since you don’t have the acro p2 yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a weird issue where the trigger take-up as gritty as all hell. Took apart the slide and there was a burr in the channel for the firing pin block -- I wrapped up some sandpaper and ran it through with increasingly fine grit and now the grittyness is pretty much all gone.

It does have the more extended slide stop/release which is nice.

It shoots like other full size M&Ps. I like the better forward slide serrations.
Link Posted: 8/23/2022 11:14:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Eh, with S&W it's more of a Law Enforcement First thing. All their LE guns end up on gunbroker and what not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're military you can order through their LE dealers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2022 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I got my hands on one.

Factory cut for a sensible optic is how things should be. I took the gun out of the box, tightened the P2's fastener with a little VC3 on it (from a prior application...didn't even add more) and viola. Optic mounted gun that's gone through more than a case of ammo.

It makes so much sense, especially as a duty gun for police agencies.

Link Posted: 8/24/2022 8:08:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

I gotta find their LE dealers. Is there a list?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 3:05:37 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ordered through here:
https://wvledguns.com/product/smith-wesson-mp-9-m2-0-acro-cut/
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Why are these LE only?  Does S&W think LEOs are the only pistol shooters "professional enough" for an Acro?
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 9:44:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Why are these LE only?  Does S&W think LEOs are the only pistol shooters "professional enough" for an Acro?
View Quote

They’re not really. You can often find the same ones on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They’re not really. You can often find the same ones on gunbroker.
View Quote

I literally just ordered one on Gunbroker today...only to have the seller tell me they couldn't complete the transaction because S&W "changed" their policies in the last week.

They were never plentiful on Gunbroker from the start.

Link Posted: 8/29/2022 10:25:34 PM EDT
[#28]
"LE Only" ammo and guns  = 15% excise tax wasn't paid, allowing these to be sold cheaper to LE.
I remember when Quantico was offering LE pricing to everyone and got their peepees slapped by S&W
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
"LE Only" ammo and guns  = 15% excise tax wasn't paid, allowing these to be sold cheaper to LE. I remember when Quantico was offering LE pricing to everyone and got their peepees slapped by S&W
View Quote

That's not correct, department purchases are exempt from the Federal Exise Tax(FET) on handguns and ammunition. Individual officers pay FET.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top