Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2018 7:02:24 AM EDT
Found a Argentine for sale for what I thought was a decent price.  After making a deal for $450 seller gives full disclosure the rear sight which is obviously not original, has jb weld or similar globbed on the sight.  It was from the previous owner.  My gut dropped as my fear would be the dovetail having been filed on perhaps, and now the sight was loose necessitating the epoxy.  Maybe everything is fine, but looking for opinions.

Best case they filed the sight which is probably more likely.

Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:05:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 7:23:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Too many nice guns in the world to be stuck with that. Run.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:04:21 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd be replacing the sight anyways so I'd be able to clean the epoxy off, just wasn't sure if the price was worth the risk.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:12:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Can you tell how bad the slide may be ganked under the epoxy?  Was it a dremel mill job gone wrong that got covered with jb weld?  Frankly, if it has been externally bubba'd, then you should assume that it has been internally bubba'd.  I'd pass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:15:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Run
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the confirmation guys.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Yeah, no way. Not for 450. Someone has been playing basement gunsmith. If you can get it for stupid money, sure, I'd try to save it. But it'd have to be pretty cheap. Otherwise he can spend good money to bring that thing back off the ledge.
Link Posted: 4/8/2018 10:01:19 AM EDT
[#8]
FPNI. No idea what you are getting into. Unless you were looking for a project gun and already have a mill ?
Run or buy under $250. If you have to weld on the slide and recut the dovetail, heat treat etc.. it is not Worth shit. You probably can’t buy a slide under $250.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 9:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Not for $450 but I would buy that cheap and have it cut for a Novak or Heinie and nobody the wiser. There is no way a Novak or Heinie cut doesn't eat that little defect.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:30:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not for $450 but I would buy that cheap and have it cut for a Novak or Heinie and nobody the wiser. There is no way a Novak or Heinie cut doesn't eat that little defect.
View Quote
Basically.
I might gamble on it, but not for 450.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top