Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » FN
Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2020 12:14:30 AM EDT
CDNN is selling a .40 conversion kit for the FNS 9 at $100. Comes in a full pistol case with the full upper, one mag and two back straps. Sights are figure 8 style night sights and mine still glow. Obviously takeoffs from somewhere but considering the best price I saw for .40 mags is $45, you get the upper for $55. I figure diversity is good when it comes to what I can shoot through my FNS.

ETA:

I went back into the CDNN site and saw they have used 14rd .40 mags for $14.89 ea. Figured for that price I could pick up a couple more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:41:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Great time to grab some FNS stuff.

I bought a new 4" .40 from Outdoor Super Store for $299.

Same week I saw the used 14 round magazines for $15 and orders some.

A week or so later I saw the sale of the ".40 S&W conversion kits" and ordered a 5" and another 4" (considering a .357 SIG conversion at some point.)  Oh, the 5" was around $140 and the 4" around $120.

A couple weeks later I ordered a FNS Compact in .40.

Then I saw the brand new 10 round full sized FNS magazines for $5 each and ordered a couple boxes of those.

Great time to grab some FNS .40 stuff.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:19:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I wonder where all the slides/barrels came from?
Did they strip and destroy the frames?
I picked up a parts kit and top end and it came in a FN box.
I would like to build up a stripped frame, or get a used FNS and copy it to make my own frame, I did it for a glock before poly80 was an option.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if they were law enforcement trade ins that had a stipulation that the frames be destroyed. The magazine that came with my upper showed signs of use but all I saw on the slide assembly was brass marks on the bottom of the slide. Almost no wear otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Somewhere, on a forum, I remember reading they were LE trade ins and the frames were stripped/destroyed to keep from loading up the market with used FNS pistols at a time when the dealers/distributors where already having problems selling the new ones.

My 5" slide kit looked new.  Night sights worked just fine.

My 4" slide kit had one ding, through the finish, on the right rear of the slide.  Night sights are "weak."  Has to be really dark to faintly see them.

When you can buy a brand new FNS .40 for $299.95 they'd have to have some basement type prices to make selling used ones worth it.
Page Handguns » FN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top