Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2018 9:03:04 PM EDT
Had some cases coming straight back on my Las Baer Stinger 45. Roughly 25% or so. I only have 200 rounds in it so far (put 100 in tonight). About a dozen hit my glasses (good thing for eye pro) or forehead. When washing up after shooting I noticed two marks on my forehead from the casings hitting.
Should I keep shooting and hope it works itself out, call Las Baer, or any other suggestions?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The extractor more then likely needs tensioning.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:15:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Ejector needs profiling.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Les would tell you shoot your 500 break in and call me then.

Sucks with a high $ gun too.  I’m thinking extractor too.  Have you checked it yet?
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 9:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ejector needs profiling.
View Quote
I hate to think that, but very possible.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Les would tell you shoot your 500 break in and call me then.

Sucks with a high $ gun too.  I’m thinking extractor too.  Have you checked it yet?
View Quote
I was going to wait until the 500 break in to take it down and test the extractor tension. If that's in working condition, I was thinking of calling Les. I'm planning to buy a Custom Carry relatively soon, so hopefully I'll have that in while I send that back (if I have to).
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Break-in is just a way for customer service to get rid of you for awhile.  The gun either runs right or it doesn't.

Pop the slide off and take a picture of the ejector looking straight down at it and one from the side. Also check to make sure the ejector is not loose.
Link Posted: 2/15/2018 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#7]
2 checks for tension. Load a round then eject the magazine. Shoot. It should eject normally. If it falls through the magwell it's off. Do that 10 times.

Disassemble gun and place a loaded round under the extractor. It should be held in place against gravity but slide out manually.

Also, does the extractor twist in it's channel? The firing pin stop should hold it without it being able to twist.

Replace the recoil spring. An old spring will allow slide velocity to increase and eject brass more inconsistent and with more force.

Lastly, wear a hat
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 10:37:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the replies. I have today off and will put some more rounds through it (with a hat ), and check out the ejector and extractor and it's fit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#9]
The extractor has to hold the case in the right spot and the ejector has to hit it in the right spot for it to clear the ejection port and not bounce off an edge and come at your face.  The jobs of both are even more critical with the shorter guns with their hastened and abbreviated recoil cycle.

Generally when the cases come straight back from the ejection port, it's because the extended ejector is kicking the case loose while the slide is still on the way back, and the slide hits the case and kicks it back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top