Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2021 10:04:05 PM EDT
Confirmed at close range and with multiple rounds of different ammo.

All shot low left.

My EDC has been a 642 PC for many years now.

True, a revolver, but very lightweight. No adjustment, no problem.

Also, I often shoot my Kahr CM9, a lightweight micro.  No adjustment, no problem.

And I know a "low/left" condition exists with the new EZ PC.

Adjusted the rear already.  No front adjustment possible.

My guess is when they added the Hi-Viz sights on the EZ PC model, it affected the point of aim differently than on the standard sight models.

I'll adjust to it and advise my students to aim differently with the EZ.

Might end up being a good training lesson for them to demonstrate that whatever they choose to own and shoot will have its unique POA.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/11/2021 12:31:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Two thoughts.

First, confirm it’s not the shooter (no offense, but you)

Once confirmed, send back and get that shit corrected. Do not use as a teaching tool.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 11:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Let someone with known skill with striker fired guns try it.
It is a VERY common problem for people moving from other guns to a new striker fired gun to shoot low left.
Another idea shoot it left handed if it shifts to low right you know it is you.
This is discussed constantly on forums about glocks especially
I am a lucky shooter who can switch platforms and shoot everything pretty accurately but if I lapse on my trigger control on the striker guns guess what- low left
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the photo?  The rear looks centered.  Move it to right???  Try a heavier bullet for possible higher POI???
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Let someone with known skill with striker fired guns try it.
It is a VERY common problem for people moving from other guns to a new striker fired gun to shoot low left.
Another idea shoot it left handed if it shifts to low right you know it is you.
This is discussed constantly on forums about glocks especially
I am a lucky shooter who can switch platforms and shoot everything pretty accurately but if I lapse on my trigger control on the striker guns guess what- low left
View Quote

I have known skill.

full time pistol instructor for nearly 10 years

handgun match shooter

the gun shoots low/left

rear is adjustable so now it's just low, not left

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:43:56 PM EDT
[#5]
This part is a bit odd to me.

"I'll adjust to it and advise my students to aim differently with the EZ."

I'm not a license/trained instructor and only deal with people and/or their kids who show an interest but when I'm taking new shooters out, I'll explain to them right away that the firearms are adjusted to my eye. For them it might be off and that I am using a target solely for an aiming point for them. The key is the grouping and getting it smaller and more predictable with examples and suggestions but not to worry about actually hitting the bullseye proper for now and that later on if they wish I'll adjust the sights, if possible depending on which style, so they get some satisfaction out of it. What I do stress is not to use Kentucky windage.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:07:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This part is a bit odd to me.

"I'll adjust to it and advise my students to aim differently with the EZ."

I'm not a license/trained instructor and only deal with people and/or their kids who show an interest but when I'm taking new shooters out, I'll explain to them right away that the firearms are adjusted to my eye. For them it might be off and that I am using a target solely for an aiming point for them. The key is the grouping and getting it smaller and more predictable with examples and suggestions but not to worry about actually hitting the bullseye proper for now and that later on if they wish I'll adjust the sights, if possible depending on which style, so they get some satisfaction out of it. What I do stress is not to use Kentucky windage.
View Quote

Nothing odd about a factory front sight causing a handgun too shoot lower than a typical 6 o'clock hold.

I adjusted the windage to zero.

So far, others who've shot it quickly adapted to how low it shoots and grouped well.

"Front Sight, Front Sight, Front Sight" is the winning rule.

But WHERE you hold the front sight, 9/3, 6 or below 6 makes a difference with this particular EZ .380.

First target, low left shot was centered, 6 o'clock hold before adjusting the rear sight right for windage.

All the other load test shots were held below 6 o'clock.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top