Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/19/2020 8:02:42 PM EDT
So a while ago I bought some G17 ETS mags. Love the concept.

One by one they've become useless. With maybe 5 or 6 cycles a piece none of them work.

Failing to feed and sticking followers every time. Every glock they're run through.

OE and Magpul have been 100%

Really wish they'd have worked out. They look dam cool.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple last year, 22 round glock 17..........work everytime...........send what you got back
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a 15 round mag that has been flawless. Also have a 30 round mag that bound up pretty bad until they sent me a new spring. Been fine since then.

That being said I don't trust them for carry.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I've owned them for a while. I think it's to late to make a return now.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jaysop:
I've owned them for a while. I think it's to late to make a return now.
View Quote

Still, their mags shouldn't be dying with just a few cycles on them.
Maybe they have improved their polymer formulas and will exchange them for new ones ?

They don't need the bad field reports, so maybe they will step up.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've owned them for a while. I think it's to late to make a return now.
View Quote

Lifetime warranty.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:18:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Thrown_hammer:

Lifetime warranty.
View Quote

Didnt know that. I always think of mags as having a lifespan. I'll shoot them an email and see what they have to say.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Didnt know that. I always think of mags as having a lifespan. I'll shoot them an email and see what they have to say.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Lifetime warranty.

Didnt know that. I always think of mags as having a lifespan. I'll shoot them an email and see what they have to say.

They sent me a new spring no questions asked. I had mine for a long time before I emailed.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:25:04 PM EDT
[#8]

They sent me a new spring no questions asked. I had mine for a long time before I emailed.
View Quote

I've never had sticky followers before, can that be coming from weak springs?
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:05:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm also not very satisfied with the ETS Glock mags I've bought.  I won't be buying any more.  I should have known.  I've never had good luck with any translucent body mags in the past.

FWIW, factory Glock mags for my factory Glocks and Magpul or ProMag for my Poly 80s.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I have several of their Glock mags. Sticky followers numerous times resulting in failure to feed.

I will never trust them or buy anymore of them. Range use only.

YMMV
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 11:51:25 PM EDT
[#11]
I purchased a few ETS mags when they first came out and decided in 5 minutes that they were crap and returned them for a refund.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:26:58 AM EDT
[#12]
My son has run several hundred rounds through 2 of them in his 19X in competitions and no issues.  We do pull them apart and clean them often, just like we do the oem mags though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 3:36:21 AM EDT
[#13]
NEVER heard of em.
That is until yesterday, when I opened the case on my new H&K Sp5k, and found that the GS I ordered it from,
swapped my 2 $75 HK German steel mags for these plastic POS's.
We'll be getting that straightened out today.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a bunch of their AR mags and they have been 100%. But I'm not impressed with the Glock mags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:03:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
NEVER heard of em.
That is until yesterday, when I opened the case on my new H&K Sp5k, and found that the GS I ordered it from, 
swapped my 2 $75 HK German steel mags for these plastic POS's. 
We'll be getting that straightened out today.
View Quote

Woah!  That would be a solid reason to cease buying there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:22:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Enzo300:
NEVER heard of em.
That is until yesterday, when I opened the case on my new H&K Sp5k, and found that the GS I ordered it from, 
swapped my 2 $75 HK German steel mags for these plastic POS's. 
We'll be getting that straightened out today.
View Quote

This is a dirty deed right here.
I hope you knock 'im around pretty good before you leave.
And then report him to SIG. They want to know if there are unscrupulous dealers in their network.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Direct-Drive:

This is a dirty deed right here.
I hope you knock 'im around pretty good before you leave.
And then report him to SIG. They want to know if there are unscrupulous dealers in their network.
View Quote

They just called me. They got the gun from a distributor that had gone out of business, and hadn't even opened the box.
They're sending me a pair of HK steel mags as soon as they get them in. Didn't even hesitate to make it completely right.
That's pretty good customer service. And a big relief.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:45:28 AM EDT
[#18]
I've never had feed problems. I've had one out of 6 develop a horizontal crack at the back of the feed lips and will no longer retain rounds. It's a g17 10 rounder. I've had no issues with the 43/48 mags. Range only mags for me.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:02:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Good on them for making it right.  But my questions are, how do they not inspect what they receive in shipments before completing the sale? And how does one make it out of the store without verifying what it is they are receiving for their money?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They just called me. They got the gun from a distributor that had gone out of business, and hadn't even opened the box.
They're sending me a pair of HK steel mags as soon as they get them in. Didn't even hesitate to make it completely right.
That's pretty good customer service. And a big relief.
View Quote

Quoted:
Good on them for making it right.  But my questions are, how do they not inspect what they receive in shipments before completing the sale? And how does one make it out of the store without verifying what it is they are receiving for their money?
View Quote

Even if I check in a gun that comes with the factory seal on it, I will cut the seal so I can open just to verify serial number. I have seen it happen where the wrong gun gets put in the box, so I always verify serial number and model on the gun to what's on the box.

As far as customers not looking at the gun and other stuff before doing the transfer, that's on the buyer. I see people all the time fill out the 4473 barely look at the gun, pay and leave.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By slims_88:

Even if I check in a gun that comes with the factory seal on it, I will cut the seal so I can open just to verify serial number. I have seen it happen where the wrong gun gets put in the box, so I always verify serial number and model on the gun to what's on the box.

As far as customers not looking at the gun and other stuff before doing the transfer, that's on the buyer. I see people all the time fill out the 4473 barely look at the gun, pay and leave.
View Quote

We're under lockdown. Curbside only. The gun was shipped here from GA., and you have to do the paperwork before they bring out the gun.

As far as the store that shipped it here not checking it, I'm not sure that they didn't. Their problem was not noting it, or telling me about it before they shipped it.
Like I said, they realize the mistake was all theirs, and they are making it right.

So many derpy conspiracy theorists in GD.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:41:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I tried the 21 round versions  for my vp9.  1st 3 just straight up didnt work.  I contacted Eddy @ ets *through FB msgr* and he was VERY helpful.  We tried multiple things and after it didn't work, we realized it was an older designed follower.   He sent me 3 new ones.   Those worked GREAT for about 10-15 uses each.  Then 1 just stopped working (as in, wouldn't hold the slide back on last round and FTF issues).  The other 2 were about 70/30 as far as of it would hold the slide back.  Again, and I csnt stress it enough, Eddy and ETS were VERY helpful in trouble shooting the issue.  I even talked with Eddy when I was at SHOT this past year.  

Anywho, unfortunately these other 2 just stopped working (well).  Fine for range use, but any competition stuff they would fail.  We ended up agreeing to a refund and move on.  I was REALLY hoping these mags would work and in the beginning, they did.  But for whatever reason, maybe my handgun, they just wouldn't hold the slide back and had some FTF issues.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had so many issues with my first batch that I got the 20 of them replaced at once. Allegedly a bad batch of springs.

The replacements work okay, but they sometimes seem to struggle with springs too. Steel cased ammo seizes them up bad. I've had this same issue with pmags. Having tried everything, I'd recommend to anyone wondering that buying 20 glock mags is a better idea than buying 40 ETS/Pmags.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:16:41 PM EDT
[#24]
I will say this for ETS, I emailed them last night and got a response first this this morning.

I was told to lube the follower and inside the mag.

I've already done this but at least I actually got a response.

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:26:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I've been saying this for years. I've had nothing but problems with mine. The first set wouldn't even fit in the magwell. Sent those back and the new ones caused multiple issues. Still wouldn't drop free. They went in the trash after a horrible stage at a local USPSA event (I should have known better but I brought them anyways).
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
If you are going to compete in the aftermarnket magazine arena you had better be bringing an awesome product.
There is an 800lb gorilla (Magpul) waiting there to make you his wife.
ETS must be throwing a lot of money at this failing experiment.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Hell the Magpuls ain't all that hot either.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#28]
I have a bunch of the 30 round 9mm ones and have never had an issue.  I am currently working with one of their S&W Shield 9 rounders and one 12 rounder, and testing an AR mag.  Have not had an issue with any of them.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:35:03 AM EDT
[#29]
I’ve had 2 magpul Glock mags break on me. Most don’t hold the slide open anymore after serious use. Magpul mags are shit as well.

The only good glock mags are Glock OEM mags.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:10:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Same. Used to have ets mags. If you leave them loaded the follower sticks. Worked problem with ets for a while. They suggested oiling the inside of mag body.  I don't like leaving rounds in direct contact with oil.  Eventually gave up and they gave me my money back. The company is great. Just don't trust the mags.

Magpul=training
Glock=carry
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:42:35 AM EDT
[#31]
I have 15 of the 22 rounders for competition use that work great.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:28:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Their customer service is great and they honor their warranty.

I had to use it a few times and ultimately asked for a refund.

Glad others have had better luck.

My personal take based on my experience is:
Glock OEM
Korean
Magpul
ETS
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#33]
I always thought those mags look pretty cheap. I think there's been too many reported issues for me to roll the dice with them personally.

I've also had a buddy/co-worker who's had pretty consistent issues with the magpul mags.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:49:35 PM EDT
[#34]
At the end of the day, Glock has their mag market sewn up quite well.
Unmatched performance.
Inexpensive.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:55:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I have some of the KCI mags that I got for 6.99, and they work pretty well. I changed out the springs with wolff, and cleaned out the flashing inside of the mags and they work just like Glock mags, for less money.
It has been quite a while since I bought any, I think they run around 10 bucks now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:16:11 PM EDT
[#36]
I've used my Glock 17 17 rounders and 31 rounders as range mags for years.  They work great for the range with brass ammo.  I've run at least 2,000 rounds without issue.

I did try to run steel case through them and had issues (salt and pepper shackers).

My Magpul Magazines have been fantastic with Brass as well.  I haven't run steel through them.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

We're under lockdown. Curbside only. The gun was shipped here from GA., and you have to do the paperwork before they bring out the gun.

As far as the store that shipped it here not checking it, I'm not sure that they didn't. Their problem was not noting it, or telling me about it before they shipped it.
Like I said, they realize the mistake was all theirs, and they are making it right.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By slims_88:

Even if I check in a gun that comes with the factory seal on it, I will cut the seal so I can open just to verify serial number. I have seen it happen where the wrong gun gets put in the box, so I always verify serial number and model on the gun to what's on the box.

As far as customers not looking at the gun and other stuff before doing the transfer, that's on the buyer. I see people all the time fill out the 4473 barely look at the gun, pay and leave.

Lockdown or not, it is still on the buyer to verify the gun is good to go before allowing the transfer to complete.

I'd find a new shop to deal with if they make you do paperwork before you can look at the gun. Glad to hear they're helping make it right, also, this is tech, not GD.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:40:53 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have several of their Glock mags. Sticky followers numerous times resulting in failure to feed.

YMMV
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I've owned them for a while. I think it's to late to make a return now.
View Quote

@Jaysop lifetime guarantee
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:22:27 AM EDT
[#40]
I haven't had good experiences with ETS mags but I give them credit for their CS. If one breaks (and it probably will), they'll replace it without question.

Magpul Glock mags have been GTG for me but if I carried a Glock I'd stick to OE mags. Magpuls are fine for plinking and training and it's not like my Roland is reliable to begin with
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 3:37:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP please make sure you contact our customer service, we will take care of you.

[email protected]
View Quote

I've done that a few times, reached out to you here on the forum as well, and nothing has come of it.

If ya'll wanna buy these back at this point, let me know.  Not worth the time or ammo to determine which ones have shitty springs.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#43]
So as a update I'll tell you how my email convo with ETS went.

I emailed them late and then early the next morning got a response.
They offered for me to send them back and they'll replace them.

No hassle, quick direct communication.

I'll send them back for replacements and see how that goes.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Hell the Magpuls ain't all that hot either.
View Quote

This. I have not purchased any of my own, but between classes and IDPA, I've seen quite a few failures.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:02:02 AM EDT
[#45]
I've had the same issue with mine, OP. I put all of them in a trash bin.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#46]
These are the first and last I ever bought. They're .45 acp. (ETA 28/rd)

FTF every other round in (4) different Glock .45's which
are perfectly functioning guns w/Glock mags.

Garbage. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

YMMV
View Quote

This.  Not worth bothering with a return or spring change.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:45:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Those are not our mags.
View Quote

OK. Pic removed.

Time to research. They're either yours or they're Korean.
To be completely transparent, I bought these and two others
which are 9mm. One set was Korean and the other was ETS.

Since this pic was taken, I cleaned out the junk boxes and both sets
went to the trash. So, I cannot put my hands on either set
of two I had bought that day. If the .45's are not yours, then those 9mm's
were yours. They went same place. So no need for me to research.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Before all the attacks why would you not contact them instead badmouthing them here.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top