Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 10:45:01 PM EDT
ETS makes magazines for pistols such as Glock, S&W M&P, and probably others that are not coming to mind. Does anyone have any experience with them? If so, for what pistol and are they standard capacity or extended capacity ones that protrude out the grip of the pistol?  

Are they reliable?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Sample size of two from GMW with stock oem models 22-3 and 33-4, (mostly using .40 which it was made for) the two 33 rnd sticks both consistently failed to feed 2-6/30 with every attempt of myself to prevent limp wristing. Used every type of ammo and swapped out gen 3 oem recoil spring for a new. Same issues with both, which neither had any type of accessory on them, just out of box stock.
I really wanted these to perform par to the good  results everyone else was getting, but in no way did they get through a full or partial fill without hiccupping in some way or another.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:12:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Topic has been asked multiple times, so let me save you some time and summarize it.  They're trash.  Better suited for cool photos for the 'gram.  There's a reason you don't see any good shooters putting them through their paces.  

I wanted some experience myself, bought 3 for my G19.  The follower got hung up, just like on everyone else's.  Once they got a little dirty, they became extremely finicky.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rush4theYehO:
Topic has been asked multiple times, so let me save you some time and summarize it.  They're trash.  Better suited for cool photos for the 'gram.  There's a reason you don't see any good shooters putting them through their paces.  

I wanted some experience myself, bought 3 for my G19.  The follower got hung up, just like on everyone else's.  Once they got a little dirty, they became extremely finicky.
View Quote

Some, if not many, say their AR mags are good. Maybe they developed their pistol mags too quickly without working out the flaws.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:32:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of my ETS mags have seen 4 deployments.  Zero mag related malfunctions.  I have probably 20 of them.  Maybe I'm just an extreme outlier
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:22:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Their Glock mags suck.  Used the standard and extended ones.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:33:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Junk in my experience. Others have had luck with them. YMMV.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 6:14:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SWedd523:
Some of my ETS mags have seen 4 deployments.  Zero mag related malfunctions.  I have probably 20 of them.  Maybe I'm just an extreme outlier
View Quote

For which firearm do you have them for?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:57:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I've got about 6 or 8 of them, mainly for range mags.  Several are 15 rounders for a Glock 19 and several are 12 rounders for a G43.  I think I have one that is 7 or 8 rounds for the G43.

I've never had one single issue with them, but I've only run FMJ through them, so I can't speak for hollow points.  They drop free every time and never fail to feed.  Full disclosure:  I've not put many rounds through the G43 mags.  But I've put lots and lots through the G19 mags, with many rounds shooting steel competition.  I like them for that because I can see at a quick glance how many rounds I fired at each stage.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By peacematu:

For which firearm do you have them for?
View Quote

All 17 rounders for a G19
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#10]
none of my 15 rounders will run reliably in below freezing temps in a glock 19 that is otherwise 100%

they are range/training mags for me, i don't trust them for duty/carry stuff
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:11:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
none of my 15 rounders will run reliably in below freezing temps in a glock 19 that is otherwise 100%

they are range/training mags for me, i don't trust them for duty/carry stuff
View Quote

That's weird and bad they run in certain temps but not others.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 4:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I have a couple of the "Glock" 31 round mags, that I used in my Sub-2000 and Ruger PC Charger. I haven't had any issues with them, but I have since replaced them with factory Glock mags. The ETS mags have been, relegated to be used as spares. IMHO they look cheesy now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 8:47:16 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought 6 of them for my new M&P core 2.0
They have been loaded and shot probably 40 times now.

One works exactly like a factory mag......... so it is possible for them to make good mags.

4 of them work under live fire......    they will not lock the slide back if you insert it empty and rack the slide...... giant deal no but annoying.... they work so far under live fire

1 will not insert into the gun unless you seriously slam it in.......... complete POS imo.

I learned two things ets mags suck and gunmag wherehouse sucks no hassle return satisfaction guarantee is fake...... how can you know a mag doesn't fit your gun properly without taking it out of the package
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:38:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought 2 15rd G19 mags and they both choke on 147gr ammo.
I only use them for reload/dry fire now
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:23:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's not good, especially in a highly reliable gun like the G19.

Ever run Magpul mags through your G19?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I have an AR15 mag that has worked fine the couple times I've used it.  Certainly haven't torture tested.  Same for MP5 mags.  I'm honestly not sure if I've used the 40 round one yet.  

I don't have any pistol mags, though I was interested at first.  The VP9 ones are pretty much universally called trash on HKpro.  No longer interested, especially since I should be able to get factory 17 rounders *soon.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For which firearm do you have them for?
View Quote

Probably the AR, in which case ETS AR mags are good magazines.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 1:32:54 AM EDT
[#18]
I have two that I put a couple hundred rounds through today. I expected the worst but they were 100% in my M&P. But.... Don't drop the slide on them when empty. They will randomly hang up on the follower.

Great range mags, but I won't buy their standard capacity mags nor will I use the 30 rounders for anything serious.
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 1:07:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have 1 magpul 21rd mag, it runs great but I’m sticking to factory mags
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 8:55:49 PM EDT
[#20]
I tried some of the P320 mags, was a disaster. Bulging when fully loaded, FTF constantly.  I consider them a see through version of Pro Mags.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#21]
ETS warranty if a mag is so out of spec it doesn't fit your gun .............. you still have to pay to ship it to them.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:09:42 PM EDT
[#22]
I recently bought 4 of them, 2 seventeen and 2 twenty one rounders for M&P 9s. Tested in a 4.25 Gen. 1, a 4 inch 2.0 and a 5 inch 2.0. All 4 of them failed in all three pistols. The problem seems to be the right side feed lip dragging on the trigger bar. It won't trip the sear, don't even get a click, just dead trigger. I have read of this being an issue with some aftermarket triggers but all three pistols have the stock triggers in them. Fixing it could be as simple as sanding a little off the offending feed lip.

Would definitely not use them for serious purposes.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#23]
ETS for my Glock 17 is crap. highly unreliable for me.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I have some 40 rd ETS mag for my PCC, I can make them work. But they need to be cleaned every other use. I also give them a spray with dry lube when assembling. I have no problems with my 33 rd Glock mags.
Link Posted: 7/9/2020 11:53:09 AM EDT
[#25]
They are OEM mags for the Mossberg MC1SC but i only use them as spare mags, got two G43 mags with Vickers +2 for primary mags.  The ETS one worked fine at the range and will probably be good spare mags if not shot frequently.  I don't trust the thin feed lips.  Other polymer mags seem to have much more material at that critical point (CZ, MagPul).
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 3:39:57 AM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like ETS has some work to do on their pistol mags.
Link Posted: 7/11/2020 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#27]
The ETS 7, and 9 rd G43 mags I have, have been flawless.
I have a pair of 12 rd mags for it too that have also been flawless, but dont get used much at all.

Never had an issue with mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 3:16:01 AM EDT
[#28]
I ran 36 rounds through a 12 ETS mag for the S&W Shield today with ball ammo. Statistically insignificant I know, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I do like their baseplates, I wish I could get them for my other mags.  Look at Jageman for an affordable alternative to factory.  They come in a couple different colors too, iirc they have black, grey, FDE & ODG.

Looks like they also have tiffany blue, red & pink.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:36:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Topic has been asked multiple times, so let me save you some time and summarize it.  They're trash.  Better suited for cool photos for the 'gram.  There's a reason you don't see any good shooters putting them through their paces.  

I wanted some experience myself, bought 3 for my G19.  The follower got hung up, just like on everyone else's.  Once they got a little dirty, they became extremely finicky.
View Quote

Weird... I used to run them for PCC mags and have tens of thousands of rounds through them.

In my experience, they feed extremely well and aren’t finicky at all. The feed angle is superior to Glock OEM.

However, the polymer is garbage, prone to catastrophic failure and tends to get soft when really hot.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 10:52:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Bought three for my G43, they work well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2020 11:37:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe I got in on them to early, before they got the kinks worked out, but every one of the 4 that I bought (G19) had a ftf in every range session. I sold them and will stick with OEM.
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm wondering if ETS may have made changes to some of their pistol mags as they've gone along. This could explain the different experiences people had with them. What's the chance of this being true?
Link Posted: 8/31/2020 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#34]
The large ones (33 rd?) sucked in my PC carbine.  I stick with OEM glock now.
Link Posted: 9/7/2020 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#35]
They are garbage, ETS chose to put oil in their mags instead of putting the correct springs in*** , and the owner(s)/whoever is in charge of their social media has a serious attitude problem. Terrible business decision making; come out with other mags before M&P.

***they put out mags that jammed and when you contacted them they’d send you me springs which would fix them. Sending out the correct parts must have cost too much so they switched to a couple of drops of oil.

The bodies of the mags are damn near indestructible. The base plates are not which kind of renders the impressive bodies moot.
Link Posted: 9/8/2020 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#36]
ETS mags have feeding issues if there is the slightest bit of dirt on them. Just the burnt powder residue on them cause feeding issues.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#37]
In August 2016 I bit the bullet and bought 3 of the 17 rd. magazines for my new Glock 34.  In less the 2 months I put 6K rds. thru these magazines without any malfunctions, stoppages, or problems.  Shooting Steel Challenge and not liking to reload magazines at the range, I picked up 27 more ETS magazines (17 rd.).  I also picked up 6 31 rd. magazines for my Glocks, again no problems.

I live in the Southwest desert and don't baby my equipment.  As magazines are ejected on the ground, they have been stepped on, kicked, and generally treated like crap.  When done shooting I wipe them down and blow them out with canned air.  For practice I load the to capacity after cleaning.  Prior to a match the magazines are loaded the required loading for the classification I  will be shooting.  To date no problems.  I trust them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#38]
I bought one 12 rounder for my G43. It's a valuable training aid for when I want to practice clearing double feeds without having to manually induce them.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#39]
I have a couple mags for my Glocks and some AR mags.

I have two of the 22 round mags, and 2 or 3 of the 17 round mags, plus one for my G26. All have been flawless so far with a couple thousand round through each of them. With that said, I only use them for range mags, and only use factory glock mags for duty or carrying off duty.

I have 4 of the AR mags (two regular and two of the couple together ones) and they have been 100% reliable. they have been abused, beaten, stomped on, and filled with dirt, dust, rain and even sand. I pop the bases off, pull a rag through them and put them back together and never had a single feeding issue with any of them. I had them in my plate carrier at work for a while until we were given a stack of new gen3 windowed pmags. The ETS mags became my range mags, but I would have no issue if I had to load one in my rifle and go out looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 10/16/2020 8:15:14 PM EDT
[#40]
The three ETS Glock 43 mags I bought are junk! They will not work at all. The spring completely compresses before the flower reaches the bottom of the mag body. This causes the last round to be damn near impossible to get into the mag and also causes the mag to not lock into the pistol. Once you get the mags fully loaded you can not push the follower down any farther. It is the same for the two 7 round mags and the one 9 round mag I bought. I sent them back to ETS only for them to return them to me saying that they could not find any problems and that it must be my SS80 frame. I know the frame is not the problem (all OEM parts and slide) since all of the Glock OEM magazines work just fine. I am in the process of trying to return them for a full refund. I'll never buy ETS magazines again.

Here are some photos of what I am talking about

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/16/2020 9:16:19 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought a bunch of ETS 9mm and .40 Glock mags. The .40s wouldn't even function at all in a g22 or g35. The rounds would just nose dive. I could only get it to feed with about 5 or less rounds in it. I even got a complete replacement of all the mags from ETS, I think I had like 14 mags, the new ones were the same. They even sent some mags the claimed was a prototype to test, same thing. I took very careful measurements and told the guy that the rounds sit to low. He said he was the guy who designed them and that's how it's supposed to be. I worked with the guy for a long time trying to figure out the issue. Ultimately got a full refund.

The 9mm mags at best won't feed steel cased ammo and mostly don't lock the slide back. I stupidly have kept those just in case things ever got bad enough that I needed to use them.

The AR mags wouldn't even fit in my spikes tactical lower.

My advice: buy only Glock mags. They last a lifetime. You'll never have a problem. If you must buy cheap mags, buy Korean mags. I've never had a problem with the Korean mags, but wouldn't use them for carry unless it was doomsday and all I had left.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#42]
I have 2-3 of them for my G17.4 and they have always worked well for me. That being said with how cheap Glock OEM mags are, I haven’t bought anymore.

Stick with OEM mags OP
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:12:44 AM EDT
[#43]
I have actually had better luck with the KCI (Korean mags) compared to ETS mags. I would stick with OEM first. I have a couple of KCI mags and a bunch of MagPul PMags that work fine for me.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have an AR15 mag that has worked fine the couple times I've used it.  Certainly haven't torture tested.  Same for MP5 mags.  I'm honestly not sure if I've used the 40 round one yet.  

I don't have any pistol mags, though I was interested at first.  The VP9 ones are pretty much universally called trash on HKpro.  No longer interested, especially since I should be able to get factory 17 rounders *soon.
View Quote

Odd. I have two of their 17 rounders for the vp9 and have not had an issue. Had just used them for range use until i used them in a 1 day class a few weeks ago and not a single hiccup.
Link Posted: 10/26/2020 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
They are OEM mags for the Mossberg MC1SC but i only use them as spare mags, got two G43 mags with Vickers +2 for primary mags.  The ETS one worked fine at the range and will probably be good spare mags if not shot frequently.  I don't trust the thin feed lips.  Other polymer mags seem to have much more material at that critical point (CZ, MagPul).
View Quote

Are you saying the Mossberg uses g43 mags?
Link Posted: 10/27/2020 8:46:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Sample size of three. I would not put them in my carry gun or home defense gun. I had them hang up with loose rounds in the body. Mine were the higher capacity ones however and not standard capacity for Glock. That said, no go for me. I gave them away. As for Magpul polymer glock magazines they have been 100% and I used them in IDPA and USPSA for a while. They are now range magazines (they dropded a little slower in comp due to how lightweight they are). I have not cleaned them once, and they are still going strong as range mags. I would not have a problem carrying with one. my two cents.

I believe the mossberg pistol does use glock 43 magazines. I have heard this before.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The three ETS Glock 43 mags I bought are junk! They will not work at all. The spring completely compresses before the flower reaches the bottom of the mag body. This causes the last round to be damn near impossible to get into the mag and also causes the mag to not lock into the pistol. Once you get the mags fully loaded you can not push the follower down any farther. It is the same for the two 7 round mags and the one 9 round mag I bought. I sent them back to ETS only for them to return them to me saying that they could not find any problems and that it must be my SS80 frame. I know the frame is not the problem (all OEM parts and slide) since all of the Glock OEM magazines work just fine. I am in the process of trying to return them for a full refund. I'll never buy ETS magazines again.

Here are some photos of what I am talking about

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/101824/left_view_jpg-1639427.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/101824/right_view_jpg-1639428.JPG
View Quote

The ETS mags included with my MC1SC are just G43's with a different base. The springs are rolling over to the side well before they are fully loaded.  Just not worth it to rely on them as primary mags.  Glock mags are an exceptional design and make my Mossberg a better pistol IMHO.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#48]
My experience with the Glock ETS mags have been great, I have 2 each of the 15 and 17rd clear versions, that I have used only at the range and only with 115gr FMJ ammunition of whatever is available, I have had no malfunctions with them. They have all fed and loaded to capacity just fine, they even can be inserted fully loaded into my Gen5 19 with the slide closed. I can't speak for JHP ammo as I use factory mags for them, as my intent were the ETS mags would be used for range/training. I started using the ETS mags due to low cost, easy availability at retail near me, the only thing I typically do when I purchased them was to put spare factory orange floorplate/inserts on them, because the factory ones are sharp and brittle. So I wonder why the wide range of reliability for users of the different Glock versions?
Link Posted: 11/25/2020 9:09:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:...So I wonder why the wide range of reliability for users of the different Glock versions?
View Quote

I've wondered if the company(s) of mags sometimes make small changes to their mags without saying anything about it. Ex: One person has a bad experience with ones that are a new design but another person gets the same model after the company works out whatever quirks it has.
Link Posted: 11/27/2020 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I tried some of the P320 mags, was a disaster. Bulging when fully loaded, FTF constantly.  I consider them a see through version of Pro Mags.
View Quote

Same for me.  Waste of $20.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top