Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2020 10:53:26 PM EDT
So are these like the 556 Surefire AR mags, where if one works for you, its a winner, and if it doesnt, its a dud? (Atleast that was the "trust vs no trust" formula I heard on those, wondering if the same apploes)

Have some questions:

Or do they have a mind of their own? (Work or not work in diff platforms, or just randomly?

Do the extended ones have more issues than smaller cap ones? I've heard the rounds get misaligned at the bottom portion when hi caps are loaded.

Still angular issues with Magpul, or fixed?

Can it be steel VS brass related issues giving Magpul a bad rep?

Can compressing spring for about a week, and then unload by hand and reload?

Can't say how many new mags that are said to have strong springs that supposedly work better after being compressed/loaded for a week in order to not experience failures on first fire.

Had to do that with a new lancer mag for the steel lips to smooth out after it was loaded for months.

I've read that that ETS AND Magpul both suck, not sure why Magpul would have something that doesn't work across the boars, but...

So are the old KCI (Korean) Glock replica mags (said to be for their LEO, they've been around for 2 decades) better than Magpul and ETS? The KCI always had a weak spring.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Any advice?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone compared these 3?
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:04:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm pretty sure the consensus is YMMV. I've not tried the KCI mags. ETS mags were junk for me. I threw them in the trash. I had issues at first with Magpul mags, but I think it was the ammo. I have not had issues with them in a very long time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Just stick with Glock OEM mags.  KCI are junk.  ETS is questionable.  Magpul seems like they've worked things out.

But given the price, why buy anything but Glock OEM mags.  They work.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:53:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I always figured the ETS stuff was more of a novelty, yet some swear by them.

It struck me as odd that magpul's version had a bad rap, but with most 1st Gen Magpul stuff (atleast Im assuming it was the early ones with issues).

Heard that it had something to do with the angle of the feedlips. Idk
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I love the magpul and KCI mags for range work. Unfortunately,  mine seem reliable so they aren't really providing me while any failures to practice clearing.

Factory mags are great too, but for shit I'm going to beat up, ill take a few of the half priced ones.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got about 10 of the Magpul 17rd mags and I think a dozen of the 21rd magpuls.  All of them have never produced a malf in my 4th gen G17, and for range work I almost excluseibly run wolf/tula.  For range use and almost half the price of factory its no brainer for me.

Only other non oem Glock mags I have experience with is one SGM 33rd mag.  No problems with it with a few hundred rounds of wolf/tula.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 7:47:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't had any issues with feeding, etc with kci, ets or magpul.

Great for range mags.  Kci seems to have crappy baseplates.  

If you are going to carry them, test them in your gun first.  I carry the magpul and ets for my 43.  The kci mags are my range bitches.  I got the kci mags for like$10 each, otherwise I wouldn't have bought them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:28:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I've not heard good things about KCI. Magpul had a lot of problems with their early Glock mags. But as someone else pointed out, that seems to be resolved now. ETS is okay as long as you use brass case ammo. People who have had the most problems with ETS mags were using steel and aluminum case ammo. Amend 2 makes Glock mags that seem to get good reviews.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I’ve never had a problem with any feeding. All sorts of steel and brass have fed fine across a 19.3, 17.4 and 48. I don’t think I have any1st gen magpul. The only problem I’ve had was a crack at the back of the feed lip on an ets. With the price of Glock mags it still seems like a good idea to have enough OEM’s for serious use.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top