Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:38 PM EDT
I’m hunting down a new pistol.  I want it to be suppressor and optic ready out of the box if this is possible.  

There’s several almost perfect guns out there that are 90% of what I want, but not quite perfect  they are

Canik

CZ P-10 feels great in the hand.  Grip size on this and the full size Canik are perfect.  They have a suppressor ready version, but it’s not optic ready.

Canik TP9.  The full size grip models fit great. The compact ones don’t work for me.  They offer the combat elite and the the combat executive model both equipped with a vortex dot.  These would be perfect if they offered that elite with vortex config in a full size grip model, but they don’t.

FNX 45 tactical-  if they offered the 9mm in an identical package It seems like it would also be perfect.

So as it is, these are all close to what I want but each missing a key feature.  Is there anything out of the box that meets my needs?  Or am I going to be stuck with getting a slide milled?  

I should mention, I don’t want a Glock.  I have enough of them and want something different.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I’m hunting down a new pistol.  I want it to be suppressor and optic ready out of the box if this is possible.  

There’s several almost perfect guns out there that are 90% of what I want, but not quite perfect  they are

Canik

CZ P-10 feels great in the hand.  Grip size on this and the full size Canik are perfect.  They have a suppressor ready version, but it’s not optic ready.

Canik TP9.  The full size grip models fit great. The compact ones don’t work for me.  They offer the combat elite and the the combat executive model both equipped with a vortex dot.  These would be perfect if they offered that elite with vortex config in a full size grip model, but they don’t.

FNX 45 tactical-  if they offered the 9mm in an identical package It seems like it would also be perfect.

So as it is, these are all close to what I want but each missing a key feature.  Is there anything out of the box that meets my needs?  Or am I going to be stuck with getting a slide milled?  

I should mention, I don’t want a Glock.  I have enough of them and want something different.  
View Quote

I have an FN 509 Tactical that came suppressor and optic ready. The trigger sucked but I replaced it with an Apex that is great. Other than the trigger been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah first thing that comes to mind is a shadow systems mr920. Technically a glock19 but grip angle can be much different as there’s 3 options. Also fits just about any red dot. Of course you don’t want a glock. I believe there’s other options that I can’t recall

Walter q4 tac suppressor/optic ready.

Might want to consider getting something like a sig p226 with threaded barrel and having an optics cut done. Going to be more fun to shoot suppressed
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:03:13 PM EDT
[#3]
VP9 Tactical OR
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have an FN 509 Tactical that came suppressor and optic ready. The trigger sucked but I replaced it with an Apex that is great. Other than the trigger been very happy with it.
View Quote

Isn’t the 509 more of a compact, similar in size to a Glock 19?  I have massive hands (size 2x-3x gloves) while I often carry a 19, I can only wrap 2 fingers on the grip, and I’d like to have something that fits my hand better.  I don’t want to have to grip an extended baseplate.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:07:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
VP9 Tactical OR
View Quote

Unfortunately same as above, not enough grip real estate to fit my hand.  Even a full size Glock I get about a 1/3 of my bottom finger on the grip.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:12:05 PM EDT
[#6]
The search can be daunting, OP.  I've been searching for a host that fits my criteria for over a year.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:13:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Size reference.  

Glock 19.  Note that the middle finger extends over the lip of the magwell.  Never fitting a 3rd finger on it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

ETA-This is why I really appreciate the grip length of the p10 and would like to try something non-Glock.  I’ve grown pretty accustomed to shooting them over the last 17 years, but with so many options on the market now I feel I’m selling myself short of I don’t give something else a try.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:16:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Isn’t the 509 more of a compact, similar in size to a Glock 19?  I have massive hands (size 2x-3x gloves) while I often carry a 19, I can only wrap 2 fingers on the grip, and I’d like to have something that fits my hand better.  I don’t want to have to grip an extended baseplate.
View Quote

The 509 tactical comes in full size and compact.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:18:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Good lord...
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:20:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The 509 tactical comes in full size and compact.
View Quote

What I’m seeing is that the full size 509 is close to a compact Glock 19, where their compact is more along the lines of a subcompact 27.  

Can you link me to the one you are talking about?  Or have a pic next to a clock 19 or 17?

Thanks,
I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 10:51:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Sig 320 Full size or Carry.  Lots of variants, some with threaded bbls, some with slides cut for optics. Maybe one has both.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:00:03 PM EDT
[#12]
The only thing I have for comparison is my full size 1911. I do not have big hands, wear a large glove.

Here are some photos I just took.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe the Arex Rex Zero Tactical?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:26:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Here's a few of mine.  Only the FN ones came out of the box as you want, with threaded barrel and optic cut.  I put the others in there for size comparison.

FNX45T and FN 509T both here and the size is pretty comparable.  The FNX45 is a little fatter grip.  Grip-length wise, they're really close unless you count the mags.  In the photo, thats the 509 on top of the FNX.

My 509 is the same like the other guy said.  Trigger sucks compared to the FNX and even other striker guns.  I put in an apex curved trigger and striker and its a lot nicer shooter than what it was.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:31:24 PM EDT
[#15]
M&P Core first gen.  Optic ready and comes with a standard plus a threaded barrel.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Springfield xdm elite osp is supressor and optic ready
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:53:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Here's a few of mine.  Only the FN ones came out of the box as you want, with threaded barrel and optic cut.  I put the others in there for size comparison.

FNX45T and FN 509T both here and the size is pretty comparable.  The FNX45 is a little fatter grip.  Grip-length wise, they're really close unless you count the mags.  In the photo, thats the 509 on top of the FNX.

My 509 is the same like the other guy said.  Trigger sucks compared to the FNX and even other striker guns.  I put in an apex curved trigger and striker and its a lot nicer shooter than what it was.

https://iili.io/fFmRTv.md.png
https://iili.io/fFmuyJ.md.png
https://iili.io/fFmTva.md.png
View Quote

Thank you for the pics!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:15:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Maybe the Arex Rex Zero Tactical?
View Quote

I have the compact tactical and it's a beast. Surely the fullsize is full size enough.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#20]
CZ p10F OR with an aftermarket threaded barrel would work for your monster paws.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
CZ p10F OR with an aftermarket threaded barrel would work for your monster paws.
View Quote

If you're allowing for aftermarket parts, there's a lot of guns that would work.  OP wants out of the box threaded barrel and optics cut.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:18:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I'll do you one better, this one even comes with an RMR installed...

Dan Wesson Fury

But they were discontinued a year or so ago and the price... not for anybody on a budget!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Springfield xdm elite osp is supressor and optic ready
View Quote

This was the winner.

Went to LGS today since everything is selling out fast.  

Tried the xdm, arex, p320, tp9, 509t, and the vp9.  A few were close to fitting, but the xdm elite iso definitely won out.  

To be honest, I was almost disappointed, as I wanted something a little more “exotic” or higher end than a Springfield, but in the end I had to go with what fit the best.  

I’m not ruling out a cz p10f OR for my next gun though.

Thanks everyone for your help and pics.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

This was the winner.

Went to LGS today since everything is selling out fast.  

Tried the xdm, arex, p320, tp9, 509t, and the vp9.  A few were close to fitting, but the xdm elite iso definitely won out.  

To be honest, I was almost disappointed, as I wanted something a little more “exotic” or higher end than a Springfield, but in the end I had to go with what fit the best.  

I’m not ruling out a cz p10f OR for my next gun though.

Thanks everyone for your help and pics.
View Quote

I do what I can, ... when i can

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:58:33 PM EDT
[#25]
I have the same grip problem with a G19, half my pinky hangs off. A magwell, though it doesn’t add length, kappa my pinky out of harms way and more or less all the way on the gun. That may expand your options a bit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 6:24:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have the same grip problem with a G19, half my pinky hangs off. A magwell, though it doesn’t add length, kappa my pinky out of harms way and more or less all the way on the gun. That may expand your options a bit.
View Quote

Nah, the xdm did it.  On a 19, my pinky doesn’t rest half on the grip, it’s completely off of the grip.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top