Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2021 12:37:37 PM EDT
We bought a S&W M&P 380 Body Guard for my wife and she loves the gun and does well with it at the range. However it is made for a right hand person and sometimes while she is shooting she accidently releases the magazine partially and the gun jams. The stock is very short on the gun and the mag release button is right under her hand. I could not find a small 380 on line built for a left hander. The release button cannot be reversed on this gun.Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think so . I'm a lefty and have been shooting right handed guns all my life . I have had to shave down the mag release on a my P3AT
and also my ruger LCP .

Maybe she needs a revolver ?
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 1:36:09 PM EDT
[#2]
A gen 1 Walther PPS may fit the bill.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The Glock 42 is close but the slide lock cannot be changed, only the mag. release.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the responses, was afraid options would be limited.
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not aware of any with an ambi slide release, but both the Beretta Pico and Reminton RM380 have ambi mag releases.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 12:04:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I recommend the Beretta Pico.  The magazine release is ambidextrous and it is a paddle type that is pushed down instead of in so it doesn’t release accidentally.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#7]
New production Forth Smith Walther PPK? No slide lock on either side to worry about, simply use sling-shot/Power-stroke method to release slide. Magazine release is placed in a good location for a left-hander using the pointer finger. Hope you find something that fits. Left-handed here, but learned to shoot right-handed and now carry and shoot as such.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top