Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/19/2024 2:34:58 PM EDT
Is it possible to convert Sig Factory 15 round "compact" P320 mags to 17 round "carry" length using an aftermarket adapter of some sort???

- I see such adapters for P365 that some 3D printer fols make and aftermarket - nothing for the 320.  I converted from Compact to X-carry and had a few factory 15 round mags that I don't use - would prefer to be able to use them but won't fit x-carry.  Can probably trade off some but I'd think with the price of factory mags something like that would be out there.

Link Posted: 3/19/2024 2:41:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bigger_Hammer] [#1]
I don't know of any "extensions" to a 15 that would fit inside a stock Sig 320 17 rounder grip frame.

Plus you would have to buy an extension for EACH magazine you wanted to convert $$$$$.

Much cheaper / better to just get a 15 round grip frame and use that.

That is the special benefit of the SIG 320.

I bought a "spare" grip frame just to have that ability if all I can find after the Zomb-pocalypse or Alien Invasion is Sig 15'ers.

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:36:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blain] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bigger_Hammer:
I don't know of any "extensions" to a 15 that would fit inside a stock Sig 320 17 rounder grip frame.

Plus you would have to buy an extension for EACH magazine you wanted to convert $$$$$.

Much cheaper / better to just get a 15 round grip frame and use that.

That is the special benefit of the SIG 320.

I bought a "spare" grip frame just to have that ability if all I can find after the Zomb-pocalypse or Alien Invasion is Sig 15'ers.

Bigger_Hammer
View Quote

Correct.  Also remember, compact grips can accept full size mags, but full size (or "carry") grips can't accept compact mags.  Not to mention that a compact grip with a 15 round mag is easier to conceal and carry than a full size grip.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:28:08 PM EDT
[#3]
All of my P320s have the full length grip because if I’m using the 15 round mag, I might as well use the 365 X-Macro and gain two rounds without giving up a larger footprint. With the right holster, even the carry models of the P320 vanish.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MK318:
All of my P320s have the full length grip because if I’m using the 15 round mag, I might as well use the 365 X-Macro and gain two rounds without giving up a larger footprint. With the right holster, even the carry models of the P320 vanish.

View Quote

It depends on the person and build.  I can comfortably conceal carry a full size P320 with 21 round magazine.  Not everyone is so fortunate.  Also, for sitting against some chairs, wearing backpacks, the smaller grip does help.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Blain:

It depends on the person and build.  I can comfortably conceal carry a full size P320 with 21 round magazine.  Not everyone is so fortunate.  Also, for sitting against some chairs, wearing backpacks, the smaller grip does help.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Blain:
Originally Posted By MK318:

I typically carry AIWB so grip length doesn’t really affect me as much as barrel length. I have been carrying this the past week with a pair of 23 round backup mags.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 2:41:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#7]
The length of the mag body would be the issue. Whatever extension you put on will still have to slide on the lips of the body. I know Tac-Dev makes some for the 365 macro frame to convert 10 and 12 round mags to fit into the macro frame, but nothing for the 320.

I'd just buy some ACT $22 17 round mags. They'd be just as cheap as whatever extension you buy.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 7:03:02 AM EDT
[#8]
With as many bent ejectors as I’ve seen I’m surprised sig hasn’t come out with a sleeve. I wish they would have just included an over stop from the get go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top