Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/6/2022 3:25:30 PM EDT
Is the 84 of any variation still in production? Have looked around the web some, not seen any new ones.
I've got a hankering for another old school carry gun, would love to have the nickel model but I'm sure they are scarce even on the used market.

Is used the only option? Not really interested in a Euro cop trade in. Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:32:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear people say they still make them in Italy and import some from time to time but I don't remember seeing a new new one in years.

NOS or really nice like new used ones show up on GB regularly but it seems like lots of people want one and the prices get up there, at least compared to the LE trade ones.

I like mine (surplus) though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:54:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Somebody was making a clone, Girsan maybe?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Could have sworn AIM had these maybe a year back for a smokin deal
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

https://aimsurplus.com/products/tisas-fatih-380b-380-auto-handgun
I picked up mine from Atlantic, nice little pistol.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 5:51:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not a Bersa?

I have a Bersa .22 that has been a solid gun.  

They make .380s with threaded barrels.

Link Posted: 11/7/2022 12:48:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Okay, Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 1:31:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why not a Bersa?

I have a Bersa .22 that has been a solid gun.  

They make .380s with threaded barrels.

View Quote

Got one as a suppressor host. Meh. Goes bang. Doesn’t suppress well.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one from them too. Damn nice pistol for $400.
Link Posted: 11/7/2022 6:20:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I love my CheetahsAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#10]
@sparkyfender2

Atlantic Firearms just listed some cool used ones. Some look pretty nice. No nickel tho.
Link Posted: 11/10/2022 6:26:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@sparkyfender2

Atlantic Firearms just listed some cool used ones. Some look pretty nice. No nickel tho.
View Quote

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@sparkyfender2

View Quote

I wanna know if they have extra importation marks like CAI does or if they're clean
Link Posted: 11/11/2022 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I wanna know if they have extra importation marks like CAI does or if they're clean
View Quote

Israeli police guns.  They'll have import marks.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 8:44:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Got one! Scored a lightly used 84 FS.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Excellent!  Now get an 81 in 32.  I have both, the 32 is a pleasure to shoot.  The 380, like most blowback 380s, is a bit snappy.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 4:54:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Excellent!  Now get an 81 in 32.  I have both, the 32 is a pleasure to shoot.  The 380, like most blowback 380s, is a bit snappy.
View Quote

Concur 100%.  The 81s are a pure joy other than the ammo costs.  Also a dab of fingernail polish on the front sight makes a big difference.
Link Posted: 12/8/2022 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I prefer the single-stack version, the 85, but have a 84 too.  Great pistols, and I'll admit the 84 with that double stack magazine of .380s is kind of reassuring.  Here's a comparison photo of the 84 with its bigger, 9mm cousin.  The family simularity is certainly apparent.

Link Posted: 12/24/2022 9:03:08 PM EDT
[#19]
The 85 was my first CCW pistol. Still have it, great little pistol.
Bought one of the 81s from AIM, should probably get an 84 to complete the collection.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
@sparkyfender2

View Quote

I just picked mine up today. had it on layaway since I had just bought a VZ61 from them. I got the Very Goos/Exellent for 499. What I picked up could be almost considered new/Old stock. Absolutely no rust or wear anywhere. Just one tiny, tiny little fleck of missing anodizing at the heel of the grip about the size of a pin head. paid 499 for it since I wanted a collector and already have an 84 shooter. Yeah I know I took a gamble but it paid off. Atlantic has been very good to me as far as their grading system. they have other grades for much cheaper if you just want a shooter.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

The ones I have from them and J&G have the import mark very tastefully done on the bottom of the trigger-guard.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a rarely fired gloss finish one with plastic grips that I can be talked out of.
It sits in the safe as my wife prefers her Smith 60-3.
I'm in no need of selling but it would allow me to sell a butt load of of 380 ammo.

Link Posted: 12/25/2022 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By :

I just picked mine up today. had it on layaway since I had just bought a VZ61 from them. I got the Very Goos/Exellent for 499. What I picked up could be almost considered new/Old stock. Absolutely no rust or wear anywhere. Just one tiny, tiny little fleck of missing anodizing at the heel of the grip about the size of a pin head. paid 499 for it since I wanted a collector and already have an 84 shooter. Yeah I know I took a gamble but it paid off. Atlantic has been very good to me as far as their grading system. they have other grades for much cheaper if you just want a shooter.
View Quote

@raygixxer89

Dude post some pics. I wanna see!
Link Posted: 12/25/2022 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

@raygixxer89

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By :

@raygixxer89

I'm too lazy to go through the hoops of posting pics, lol.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 4:50:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I'm too lazy to go through the hoops of posting pics, lol.
View Quote

I got you. Pics of raygixxer89's 84BB from Atlantic...they did take care of him!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

@raygixxer89
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:34:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks for the help IronColon! Yeah, I'm very happy with this little piece. I'm going tp get some wood Beretta stocks for it. I was planning on going to the range that day, that's why I have those other rifles out, trying to decide whic one I wanted to shoot. Ended up not going after all because a friend wanted to go have lunch. Maybe today, though!
@IronColon
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#27]
Just ordered one of the recent surplus batches, any recommended parts replacement off the bat?
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 10:50:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just ordered one of the recent surplus batches, any recommended parts replacement off the bat?
View Quote

I did replace the recoil springs on both of mine just in case. Other than that I just cleaned, lubed and hit the range.

I don't think there are any parts on these that are known to break or wear out much.
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I did replace the recoil springs on both of mine just in case. Other than that I just cleaned, lubed and hit the range.

I don't think there are any parts on these that are known to break or wear out much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you! Will get pics in when picked up
Link Posted: 1/3/2023 2:18:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

...Will get pics in when picked up
View Quote

You better!
Link Posted: 1/4/2023 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#31]
RTG parts has model 84 mags for $19.99. Any source for wood grips? Do 84 and 81 grips interchange?
Link Posted: 1/5/2023 8:48:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
RTG parts has model 84 mags for $19.99. Any source for wood grips? Do 84 and 81 grips interchange?
View Quote

Same grips. You can get new wood grips on the Beretta website for like $50. I see nice used ones on Ebay for a bit less sometimes. Some aftermarket ones there too.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 7:43:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Picked her up today, didn’t clean yet, definitely a little dirty w some Knicks but think a good clean will work most of it out, was going to put some lok grips but think this beauty really needs wood grips, thrilled, will post again once clean, almost too pretty to shoot

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Picked her up today, didn’t clean yet, definitely a little dirty w some Knicks but think a good clean will work most of it out, was going to put some lok grips but think this beauty really needs wood grips, thrilled, will post again once clean, almost too pretty to shoot

https://i.imgur.com/2DGz5oJ.jpg
View Quote

That looks like it's in great shape!
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I prefer the single-stack version, the 85, but have a 84 too.  Great pistols, and I'll admit the 84 with that double stack magazine of .380s is kind of reassuring.  Here's a comparison photo of the 84 with its bigger, 9mm cousin.  The family simularity is certainly apparent.

https://i.imgur.com/q0l4ZIdh.jpg
View Quote

If only the bigger cousin shared a similar safety...
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Cleaned it up, a little bit of light polishing here and there, some renaissance wax, wood grips, and hi-viz paint in the front sight cavity. waiting for the recoil springs to come back in stock, think the wave of used 84s on the market now led to sold out everywhere.

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Take a look at the new Beretta 80X Cheetah:

https://www.beretta.com/en-us/80x-cheetah/

Link Posted: 1/15/2023 6:30:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/2DGz5oJ.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! You're gonna love that little gun. Like IronColon said, just replace the recoil spring and you should be good to go. I can't remember which guns are single-stack but make sure that you get the grips for a double-stack model.
Link Posted: 1/21/2023 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Put some rounds down range today, very nice, very manageable. Sight picture takes getting used to, esp for Glock folk, I still don’t have right am shooting a bit low, but a joy to shoot
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Definitely as nice as an original!  I love mine!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top