Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2020 4:41:24 PM EDT
Took the family to MOD Pizza (excellent food BTW) last night and got some funny looks from a couple across from us.

When I went to the bathroom, I quickly realized that my sweatshirt had ridden up and exposed my 1911.  (Galco KingTuk at 4:00). Oops, it probably happened while getting in the car or while shifting around.

If the employees noticed they didn’t show it while taking our order.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#1]
No, here in Bama you would get strange looks for not showing or printing or open carrying lol. ( I exaggerate )
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I do, mainly when I exit my car.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I carry an LCP in a pocket holster, and I always check it after getting out of my car.  I have actually had it fall out of my pocket, back into the drivers seat upon exiting (always in slacks...they are slicker), a couple of times, so I try and put a hand on it as I stand up.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 5:54:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Gun knife wallet phone
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#5]
AIWB...so I never have a problem.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Gun knife wallet phone
View Quote
Keys
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry AIWB, and pull my shirt over the seatbelt when buckling up.  So upon exit before I reach up to lock my doors I pull my shirt down and put my keys in pocket.  The open truck door provides some concealment if need be if it’s jacket up from getting out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
my IWB cover up is a nylon fishing shirt, and it opens up pretty easily in a breeze, so I either button a single button or carry my arm a little closer than normal....
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 7:11:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Keys
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun knife wallet phone
Keys
this exactly
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 8:17:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:19:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I usually pull on my shirt as soon as I exit because I don't like when my shirt rides up regardless of CC. I also concealed means concealed to a local warehouse club often
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 12:42:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Spectacles, testicles,  wallet, watch.  Of course substitute other items as appropriate in the context of carrying a handgun.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes. I dont touch anything unless it's required but am cognizant of how the pistol is (or is not) concealed.

It's a function of not wanting to draw unnecessary attention and a basic modicum of respect for those who aren't comfortable around firearms in public. To each their own on the latter part, it's purely personal preference.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#14]
If I have to bend over or reach to pick something up, it is very likely my gun will pop out, even with the longest shirt.

Cars aren't much of an issue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Gun,
Knife,
Wallet,
Keys,
Spare mag,
Flashlight (if at night).

I always check myself when I get out of my truck, basically just make sure my shirt or jacket covers the gun. I don’t worry much about printing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes. I check.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 11:29:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep every time and usually a quick nonchalant check if I bend over or reach up high for something.
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 2:58:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Gun knife wallet phone
View Quote
X2
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 3:07:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Of course. Check and adjust accordingly if needed with the door open facing inward. No print is best print while CC. But if I am open carrying I could give a fuck less..... the Eastern side of the state is not populated by pussies.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 1:47:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I have not really found a need with my setup. My shirt just always slides over. 1911s have more edges and corners for clothing to catch on maybe.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Every time I stand up, I do a check.

Watch
Phone
Keys
Spare mag
Sunglasses, case
Pen, light, chapstick, vape
Knife
Lighter
Pistol
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Yes... no one's looking at you.  If a cop is looking right at you he *might notice but likely he's focusing on other things.  Straighten your shit out so you're still concealed either right before or as you get out of your car.  Next time you stop at the grocery store watch folks for a few minutes. Most people aren't carrying and most people straighten their wardrobe when they get out of a car. Its actually unusual not to straighten out your shirt when exiting a vehicle.  You want to be gray man? Straighten yer shit out lol.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If a cop is looking right at you he *might notice...
View Quote
lol so what if a cop notices?  If my carry is lawful, he can't stop me even if he sees the gun.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:36:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
lol so what if a cop notices?  If my carry is lawful, he can't stop me even if he sees the gun.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If a cop is looking right at you he *might notice...
I meant that cops would be the most likely people to notice, not that it would matter.  Just something they might pick up on but likely no one is going to notice you adjusting...
Link Posted: 2/23/2020 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't check at all. Typically I carry AIWB, but if I carry strongside OWB, I don't care if it's printing, or if I'm straight up open carrying.

No one has ever said anything to me, even when open carrying.
Link Posted: 2/26/2020 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I have not really found a need with my setup. My shirt just always slides over. 1911s have more edges and corners for clothing to catch on maybe.
View Quote
This is an interesting point.  I’ve carried other guns for over 20 years and this never happened before.  I switched to a 1911 this month and it occurred in the first 10 days.

Coincidence?  Perhaps, but I’ll certainly be more conscious about it now.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:04:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
AIWB...so I never have a problem.
View Quote
This.   I carry AIWB in a t shirt & jeans/shorts normally.  I just make sure my shirt is pulled down before I get out of the car.  When you carry AIWB you don't normally need to worry about the pistol showing.   If you do I recommend trying the Columbia fishing shirts.  They fit pretty nicely over an undershirt in the summer & don't look super out of place.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#28]
When I exit the car I always straighten my clothes just a bit.  I’ve got a pair of jeans that don’t quite fit properly as well so if I mess up and wear them I may even have to hitch up my pants. Never noticed anyone give a rip about what I’m doing. Except once.   Was driving on a low speed rural road and saw a guy lying in the road. Felt weird so I drove around him before I stopped. When I got out to check him I gave a hitch to settle my pants and straightened my shirt. Took maybe 1 second extra.  When I looked for the guy he was gone but there was another guy standing there who asked if I was a deputy???

He wasn’t close to me but it just rang all sorts of interesting bells in my head.  I got in my car and drove on. I’ll always believe it was a setup and that they expected me to stop in a better place for an ambush/carjacking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I saw a local judge in a store in San Diego with his sock gun hanging out.  I mentioned it to him.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Yes.  I won't carry in prohibited places, and I carry everywhere else (unless I'm drinking) so I've developed the habit of checking my pocket to make I have my gun when I want it, and don't have it when I can't.

My gun is light enough that I've caught myself parking and walking towards an elementary school with it still in my pocket.  Very bad scene if an SRO noticed it while I was on-premise.
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:20:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Another bad faux pas was getting home after giving blood and realizing I didn't have my gun.  Turns out it had fallen out of my pocket and lodged between the blood draw couch and the interior wall of the bus.

Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gun knife wallet phone
View Quote
Gun, knife, OC, wallet, Keys, phone.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2020 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I do, mainly when I exit my car.
View Quote
I am a tall guy with a long torso.  I have a hard time finding shirts long enough.  I get out of a car and check my shirt every time unless I am wearing a cover garment.
Link Posted: 2/29/2020 12:05:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck no, that's called a "tell". Concealed means concealed, but it also assumes you're actually CONCEALING, not ADVERTISING, it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top