Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2023 9:07:47 PM EDT
Received the pistol back from CZ-USA today. Good communication along the way from CZ.

CZ said that they handpicked a new slide and new barrel for me then test fired the P10. Happy to report that the new slide and barrel look great, no complaints and it's good to see that CZ sticks by their  warranty that their products are to be free from defects in material and workmanship.

The local LGS marked down their P10C's in store to $350 so I picked up Czech made one a couple weeks back. Time to pick a favorite for optics milling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I picked up a new CZ P-10C today, this one made here in the US. Really digging the P-10, but not this particular one. I suspect that I should've bought a Czech made one, but I'd like to see what you all think.

1. Scratch on the slide, looks to have happened before nitriding.
2. Machining marks all over the slide, some hard to see in photo's. Not a huge deal, and the least of my concerns.
3. Engraving error in the Z of "CZ".
4. My biggest concern is the bore. This is the worst looking bore I've seen on a new firearm. I did run a brush and few patches through it. Zoom in to see the details.

Granted it'll probably shoot just fine, but this thing does not exude the level of quality that I've come to expect from CZ.

Am I being too picky?

Scratch/machining marks-

Engraving error-

Bore-

Link Posted: 6/7/2023 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Is that one of those sub-$400 CZs? If so and it shot well, then I wouldn't worry about it. $1K gun, it would bug me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:08:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I picked up a new CZ P-10C today, this one made here in the US. Really digging the P-10, but not this particular one. I suspect that I should've bought a Czech made one, but I'd like to see what you all think.

1. Scratch on the slide, looks to have happened before nitriding.
2. Machining marks all over the slide, some hard to see in photo's. Not a huge deal, and the least of my concerns.
3. Engraving error in the Z of "CZ".
4. My biggest concern is the bore. This is the worst looking bore I've seen on a new firearm. I did run a brush and few patches through it. Zoom in to see the details.

Granted it'll probably shoot just fine, but this thing does not exude the level of quality that I've come to expect from CZ.

Am I being too picky?

Scratch/machining marks- https://i.imgur.com/k7RwC3W.jpg

Engraving error- https://i.imgur.com/wgY3Xsl.jpg

Bore- https://i.imgur.com/GpceMTS.jpg

View Quote

It would make me mental!
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#3]
When did they start making these in the US?
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
They made them briefly at the factory in Kansas City - my P-10S OR is a US made pistol. I am a long time CZ owner and I would send that one back.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Contact CS
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:57:09 AM EDT
[#6]
If it shoots alright I could live with it , but if it doesn`t I would call also .
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 4:58:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I look and look at these and just did , but to into Glock and Sig so I don`t buy one .
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks like someone’s first day on the job. I would return it if possible .
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They made them briefly at the factory in Kansas City - my P-10S OR is a US made pistol. I am a long time CZ owner and I would send that one back.
View Quote

I didn't know that they've already stopped domestic production of these. Makes me wonder if I got one of the last ones, and CZ was using parts from the blem pile when wrapping up production.

I've contacted CZ about it. We'll see what they will do. I'm hoping that I can just send the slide/barrel back for replacement or get a refund check from them. It's sucks wasting a vacation day sitting at home waiting for FedEx to drop off a warranty repair firearm or having to pay a transfer fee for a complete replacement. I went through that with Ruger, had to send a MKIII back 3 times before they replaced it with a MKIV.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#11]
If all this bothers you why did you buy it?

To me the slide is a non-concern and the barrel I am not sure I am undecided until you shoot it and report how it performs.  

Do you plan to carry it?  If yes then the slide condition is even more a nothing burger.

All that said I get it I used to be this way with brand new guns I wanted them pristine and at one point when I first got into the gun world hobby I treated all my guns like safe queens that got shot.  I would clean them to the point of white glove finish and scratches bothered me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:36:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I didn't know that they've already stopped domestic production of these. Makes me wonder if I got one of the last ones, and CZ was using parts from the blem pile when wrapping up production.

I've contacted CZ about it. We'll see what they will do. I'm hoping that I can just send the slide/barrel back for replacement or get a refund check from them. It's sucks wasting a vacation day sitting at home waiting for FedEx to drop off a warranty repair firearm or having to pay a transfer fee for a complete replacement. I went through that with Ruger, had to send a MKIII back 3 times before they replaced it with a MKIV.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  They made them briefly at the factory in Kansas City - my P-10S OR is a US made pistol. I am a long time CZ owner and I would send that one back.

I'm on my 2nd trip w/ a used Browning.  
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#13]
If I received a pistol that looked like that I would be disappointed. I would be very unhappy with the barrel.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If all this bothers you why did you buy it?

To me the slide is a non-concern and the barrel I am not sure I am undecided until you shoot it and report how it performs.  

Do you plan to carry it?  If yes then the slide condition is even more a nothing burger.

All that said I get it I used to be this way with brand new guns I wanted them pristine and at one point when I first got into the gun world hobby I treated all my guns like safe queens that got shot.  I would clean them to the point of white glove finish and scratches bothered me.
View Quote

I only caught the scratch on the slide at my LGS, which I initially decided to live with. I actually ordered this one off my LGS website because it was $30 cheaper than the P10C's they had in store and this one comes with a tritium front sight and blacked out rear which I prefer over the standard 3-dots the Czech ones come with. Before this I don't think I've ever had a reason to do a bore inspection on a brand new firearm. I'll be doing more thorough inspections on new guns from now on. Lessen learned.

No plans to carry it as of now, just another range toy. I don't mind honest wear from use or minor blemishes usually, but this is just too many examples of poor QC on a new gun for me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 11:51:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I only caught the scratch on the slide at my LGS, which I initially decided to live with. I actually ordered this one off my LGS website because it was $30 cheaper than the P10C's they had in store and this one comes with a tritium front sight and blacked out rear which I prefer over the standard 3-dots the Czech ones come with. Before this I don't think I've ever had a reason to do a bore inspection on a brand new firearm. I'll be doing more thorough inspections on new guns from now on. Lessen learned.

No plans to carry it as of now, just another range toy. I don't mind honest wear from use or minor blemishes usually, but this is just too many examples of poor QC on a new gun for me.
View Quote

I still do not know what to make of the bore I am not sure if the pic does it justice.  Sometimes pics under or over exaggerate machine marks so I am not sure if that is bad or nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:02:54 PM EDT
[#16]
You should do what ever it takes to make you happy with your purchase . If you can't get CZ to satisfy you ,sell it and take a small loss and move on. Get something you like and trust the quality of . In the end a few dollars saved isn't worth the dissatisfaction and disappointment this CZ is causing you .
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 10:19:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I still do not know what to make of the bore I am not sure if the pic does it justice.  Sometimes pics under or over exaggerate machine marks so I am not sure if that is bad or nothing to worry about.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IMO the pic gives an accurate representation of how it looks in person, but I do know what you mean. I used a dental pick to "feel" the grooves and they are indeed quite rough which tells me that the machining marks are rather prominent. They're easy to see even when just doing a half-ass glance down the length of the bore. I'm not sure if it's bad or nothing to worry about either, I just don't believe I've ever seen anything like it before. None of my guns here look like this, but I'll take a look at my other CZ's when I go home tomorrow. At any rate, it's on the way back to CZ.

Quoted:
You should do what ever it takes to make you happy with your purchase . If you can't get CZ to satisfy you ,sell it and take a small loss and move on. Get something you like and trust the quality of . In the end a few dollars saved isn't worth the dissatisfaction and disappointment this CZ is causing you .

100% Agree, I'll see what CZ does with it and go from there.

Quoted:
None of that stuff would bother me except for the barrel.

Now that said, my wife's P210 has a crappily machined barrel very similar to that (really rough grooves) and it doesn't cause any problems, even with lead bullets.

That's good to hear, I would have guessed that the rough grooves would make the barrel prone to fouling up, especially with lead bullets.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

IMO the pic gives an accurate representation of how it looks in person, but I do know what you mean. I used a dental pick to "feel" the grooves and they are indeed quite rough which tells me that the machining marks are rather prominent. They're easy to see even when just doing a half-ass glance down the length of the bore. I'm not sure if it's bad or nothing to worry about either, I just don't believe I've ever seen anything like it before. None of my guns here look like this, but I'll take a look at my other CZ's when I go home tomorrow. At any rate, it's on the way back to CZ.

That's good to hear, I would have guessed that the rough grooves would make the barrel prone to fouling up, especially with lead bullets.
View Quote

Not trying to be smart.. do people still shoot lead bullets?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 3:51:05 PM EDT
[#19]
I beat on a lot of my guns hard. But I cause the damage. Not someone else. If I buy something I expect it to be up to par and I destroy it. No one here would take delivery of a damaged vehicle or furniture so on.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#20]
My P09 is on its second trip for warranty after failing to fix it the first time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My P09 is on its second trip for warranty after failing to fix it the first time.
View Quote

What is wrong with it?
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 5:29:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Colt taking over showing its quality. Yuck.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What is wrong with it?
View Quote

Fails to reset in DA when pressing support hand thumb into frame.  Also does it if I put lateral pressure on slide.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 7:45:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I beat on a lot of my guns hard. But I cause the damage. Not someone else. If I buy something I expect it to be up to par and I destroy it. No one here would take delivery of a damaged vehicle or furniture so on.
View Quote

^^^^  This  ^^^^
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:44:40 PM EDT
[#25]
I forgot to mention that the person I was emailing at CZ said the the bore looked normal for a CHF barrel. I took a look at my P-01, CZ-75b, and my MKE AP5P. All 9mm CHF barrels. This is the barrel off my P-01, but they all looked the same. Little bit of carbon in there, but otherwise an unremarkable barrel that I've come to expect as the norm from a well known manufacturer such as CZ.

Quoted:

View Quote

I guess  Chris_1522 does? I was gifted some 15yrs ago and haven't shot any since, doubt I ever will again.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:35:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  IMO the pic gives an accurate representation of how it looks in person, but I do know what you mean. I used a dental pick to "feel" the grooves and they are indeed quite rough which tells me that the machining marks are rather prominent. They're easy to see even when just doing a half-ass glance down the length of the bore. I'm not sure if it's bad or nothing to worry about either, I just don't believe I've ever seen anything like it before. None of my guns here look like this, but I'll take a look at my other CZ's when I go home tomorrow. At any rate, it's on the way back to CZ.

That's why all the people w/ toaster ovens are baking the paint on their boolits - they cast their own lead fer cheap, coat em w/ paint & bake it on.  Cleaner than unpainted lead, a lot cheaper than buying precast, pre painted, plated, or jacketed bullets, and a helluva lot easier than swaging lead into jackets.
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 12:39:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh , yeah, and in CZs, too.

Link Posted: 6/11/2023 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Extensively.
View Quote

Good to know. Do you load them yourself?
Link Posted: 6/11/2023 9:54:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Me thinks you complain too much.

How does the pistol shoot? The barrel will probably look like a mirror after 200 rounds. Is it reliable? Accurate?
Link Posted: 6/13/2023 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Fails to reset in DA when pressing support hand thumb into frame.  Also does it if I put lateral pressure on slide.
View Quote
My P-10c, Czech made, will fail to reset the trigger about 50% of the time when the slide is dropped and the trigger is held back.  Has since day one and has made one trip to CZ USA, they replaced a few parts, and it still does it.

It shoots fine and seems to only have this failure when dropping the slide on an empty gun, but I still don't feel fuzzy about its reliability.
Link Posted: 6/17/2023 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#32]
If it doesn't come back fixed I'll probably sell it....maybe, such a sweet shooter.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Update up top, CZ took care of me.
Link Posted: 7/11/2023 9:10:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Check out Primary Machine for the optics cuts, they do really great work.
Link Posted: 7/12/2023 12:00:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Check out Primary Machine for the optics cuts, they do really great work.
View Quote
Agree. I had my P10C, P-07 and S&W Shield done by them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top