Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/11/2020 8:35:21 AM EDT
Or are they just being bought every time they are available?

I really wanted to pick up a stainless model, and now I can't find them anywhere.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 7:04:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Great question.  There were hard to find when they were "out there" but I haven't seen or heard of them in quite a while.  Last one I physically saw was probably around last October.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Could be due to some tensions between Turkey and the US as well as the virus issue.
Link Posted: 4/19/2020 11:27:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Cylinder and slide is still showing them as a build-out option on their website, they may have purchased several to be able to do the work on, I might contact them about one of the build-outs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2020 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That would be a shame, the SS model is so well done.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 12:20:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That would be a shame, the SS model is so well done.
View Quote

I really wanted one.  I love working on Hi-Powers and thought a stainless one would be a great project.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#6]
No but the Turkish small arms corps are making guns to fight wars not supply the US commercial market right now. Turkish guns always come into the country in waves. The market get flooded with them then they disappear. According to the US importer there are more coming. They had an arrival date but it has passed. These are OK guns. There are some known issues with them.

C&S does not have any. They IIRC only ever had one.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:16:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No but the Turkish small arms corps are making guns to fight wars not supply the US commercial market right now. Turkish guns always come into the country in waves. The market get flooded with them then they disappear. According to the US importer there are more coming. They had an arrival date but it has passed. These are OK guns. There are some known issues with them.

C&S does not have any. They IIRC only ever had one.
View Quote

Thanks for the update. I've been looking everywhere for these, but nobody seems to have them. Brownells recently stopped accepting back orders for them as well. I realize we're in the middle of a gun-buying panic, but it seems that's not the only reason for their scarcity.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 2:20:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I started looking for one the other day to use as practice for working on actual Hi Powers.  Seems like they just disappeared.
Link Posted: 9/9/2020 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#9]
May just have to settle for picking up an FEG and working on that.  But they've also gone up in price.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 1:44:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I started looking for one the other day to use as practice for working on actual Hi Powers.  Seems like they just disappeared.
View Quote

Yeah I'm really kicking myself for not buying one last year.
Link Posted: 10/15/2020 12:34:41 AM EDT
[#11]
There have been a few in Armslist, but none in stainless. I jumped on a SS when it was listed, I paid too much also but I'm glad I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top