Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2020 9:40:48 PM EDT
I bought a first run p10c in fde.

It sat well in the hand however I had the following issues:

Trigger slap. It stung the shit out of my trigger finger. Bad.
Trigger hang up. The trigger would stick on the pull sometimes. Not enough to stop the movement, but enough to make the trigger the worst I'd ever used on a striker gun.
Mag release. The mag release was extremely hard to depress.

I took a bath on this gun. Lost 100 bucks on it getting rid of it.

Picked up and handled a p10c suppressor ready and it balanced well, but I didn't get to pull the trigger.  Saw them going for around 475. So I'm tempted to make the same mistake.

Did I get a lemon?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:44:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  

Yes.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:23:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I think the newer versions are better .  While i did not have any issues with my first gen i do prefer the feel of the reversable mag release and the slide stop seems easier to manipulate with the newer version as well.  Never experienced the rotating striker issue with my first gen either.  Come to think of it, i wish id kept my first gen as it was a real tack driver and i swear the trigger pull was smoother.  I wanted the optics ready though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 3:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I still carry my 1st gen FDE, good solid pistol. BUT, I have a P-10S with the updated mechanics and it is a dadgum dream to shoot, and the non ambi mag release is quite easy to use. The slide release is still stiff as a life sentence, but I go over the top 90% of the time and it's just fine.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Did ANY of you get trigger slap or stinging numb finger with yours?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought my P10C last fall and I think it had all the latest updates except it does have an ambi mag release not the swappable one that they come with now (it was made in 2018, probably late in the year). I love this gun and it now serves as my bedside handgun.

Out of the box it was great. No complaints. Definitely no trigger slap, I liked the trigger right out of the box.

Here are my out of the box, first shots comments that I posted on the CZ forum back in October:

First mags though last night, just function testing:
View Quote

I shot with a CGS Kraken, a very lightweight (and quiet ) 9mm suppressor. The first mag of 15rds Speer Lawman 147gr was one FTE after another until the last five rounds which functioned perfectly. Every mag after that functioned perfectly. Ejection was about 45 degrees to the rear, throwing them about 6-8 feet away.  I ran 115 rds through. One box of 147gr Lawman, one box of 147gr CCI Blazer brass case, and one mag of S&B 150gr.  The gun shot to point of aim with the suppressor. I didn't even have to clock it (probably dumb luck).
View Quote

My initial impressions of the gun:
View Quote

So far I like it! It fits my hand nicely. It points intuitively. The OEM sights are nice (though I'll be replacing them). The ambi mag release works perfectly no stiffness or any problems at all. I got two +2 mags. I like that. I like the big trigger guard for shooting with gloves. The trigger is outstanding. I just recently bought a S&W Performance Center Shield with their trigger job. It has a very nice trigger. Though some will disagree with me, I like the P10C's trigger better. The Shields is lighter, maybe too light for an SD gun. The P10's is the perfect weight. Yeah, the reviews are right about the gritty feel in the takeup. I don't care about that. Takeup has no effect of shooting. The break snaps cleanly and the reset is very sweet. The travel is quite a bit less than the S&W gun as well. Nice and short after the break.
View Quote

The negatives: The stiff slide release. I don't use it, but yeah, that's a thing with this gun. I'll try polishing it later on, but it's not a high priority for me. The texturing is rough at the rear and I'm concerned with how it will feel against my skin while IWB. I like that CZ made it that way though. If it's a problem, I'll work around it with rubberized Talon Grips.
View Quote

I can fall in love with this gun. My first suppressor ready gun and my first Poly CZ and my first striker fired CZ. If over long term, it works as reliably as my other CZs have, this will be a real winner and I might buy another.
View Quote

Since last fall, I have done some mods to the gun. I had Primary Machine mill an optic cut, mount a Glock rear sight and Cerakote the slide so I could install a Holosun 507C red dot. I installed a Cajun Gun Works metal T-block, trigger & striker spring set and an SS guide rod. I also did some trigger polishing. None of this was necessary. I just like to hot rod my guns.  Oh and BTW, I did not buy another P-10C, but I did buy a P-07.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 4:16:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Like you, I bought one of the first run P10c the moment they hit shores.  The gun was about as advertised - ergonomic, accurate, reliable, amazing trigger.  But the mag release drove me nuts, and the trigger shoe gave me trigger slap.  Ended up dumping the gun.  

Fast forward to the current optics ready generation - they fixed the stupid small things that made the gun miserable, and added the option of adding a red dot.  I jumped and have absolutely loved the gun.  The trigger slap was still present, albeit much milder than before.  However, that's an easy fix and the HBI Theta absolutely kicks ass in the gun.  It's beat out my G19 as my primary carry gun.  I'm currently around 4000 rounds with a holosun on it, and it's going to get put through one of Scott Jedlinski's courses in about a month.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've had a few P10c pistols.  I currently have the FDE that is not the latest OR model.  I sanded down the safety tab to be flush with the trigger face and that stopped the irritation to my finger.  I've done the same thing with every Glock I've owned.  David
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 6:49:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I love the ergonomics of mine but it takes a backseat to my VP9 mainly due to the mag release.  Mine is so hard I can't release it with one hand
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love the ergonomics of mine but it takes a backseat to my VP9 mainly due to the mag release.  Mine is so hard I can't release it with one hand
View Quote

Same. I carry an SK daily, and a VP9 with 20rd OEM is my nightstand gun
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 9:10:09 AM EDT
[#10]
p10c is one of my favorite shooters don't feel it really needs anything new my only issue is for me is the ambi mag release i just don't like it.
Link Posted: 7/3/2020 12:41:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is an earlier model, on round # 123 the rear slide plate dropped down,
I sent the gun back to CZ and it's run 100%.
I did put in a CGW trigger and kit, not that it needed it, I just wanted to,
Last spring I had Primary Machine mill and install a 507C, it's pretty sweet.
I've been pretty wrapped up in my 365, 365XL and just picked up a M&P
compact so the P10's been kind of neglected, I did just run a 15 rd mag
through it in the rain, 124gr magtech all pretty much into a 1.5" hole @ 10yds
It's in a JMCK AIWB rig right now, time to carry this a little more often!
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 6:35:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Its heaven with an HBI Theta.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Recently purchased a CZ P10S and as mentioned above, it's a dream to shoot. Very soft shooter and very accurate. It loves to be run fast. No trigger bite at all on mine and no plans on changing anything on the pistol.
Link Posted: 7/6/2020 10:01:06 PM EDT
[#14]
I’ve got a P10c OR and it’s great. A buddy has a first gen and the newer ones are definitely better overall.
Link Posted: 7/8/2020 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I had mine about a year and have none of those issues.
Link Posted: 7/12/2020 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Mine has been awesome. I have the US made P10C OR.
Link Posted: 7/13/2020 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, p10c tactical had a lot of problems which you addressed. Sold it and never looked back. The new optics ready line seem to be a lot better (felt them, have not fired one).
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I rented a P10c and loved it, except for the trigger slap, deal killer for me so went another direction
Link Posted: 8/27/2020 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 6:18:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2020 5:57:37 PM EDT
[#23]
I've had a P10C Suppressor Ready for a little over 1.5 yrs. It's had some issues but is good now.

The factory recoil rod is junk and came apart, jammed the gun and dumped the rod on the floor unbeknownst to me. Replaced it with Primary Machine.

The factory striker broke and replaced with Primary Machine which also broke and bought another Primary Machine striker and it has held up.

No trigger slap but the slide catch is a thumb and forefinger manuever or slingshot.

The barrel was very accurate without a suppressor but with a Rev 9 and a Kraken it shot way off. My Scorpion had a bad shoulder as well. Replaced the barrel with a nitrided Primary Machine barrel.

The gun wouldn't function suppressed reliably with a 13,15,18 or 20lb spring so off to Primary Machine for slide cuts and cerakote. It now works quite well suppressed. I bought the Kraken to pair with it.

I paid $389 new for the P10C but have more than a VP9 tactical into it.

In the end I like the balance, ergos and trigger. It now wears Talon grips and is very comfortable.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top