Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/27/2023 7:59:33 PM EDT
Did anyone remove the mag safety from the Girsan MC P35?

Did you use the same trigger pin, or did you have to purchase the specialty trigger pin from BHSS?
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 8:24:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, and used same trigger pin.

And the trigger pin can be a bitch to get out.   Mine was.
Link Posted: 7/1/2023 5:14:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yore353:
Yes, and used same trigger pin.

And the trigger pin can be a bitch to get out.   Mine was.
View Quote

Thank you for the reply!
Watching BH Spring Solutions video leads you to believe you will need their trigger pin if you remove the original. I just needed first hand information from someone else who removed and replaced the original without issue.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Punisher:

Thank you for the reply!
Watching BH Spring Solutions video leads you to believe you will need their trigger pin if you remove the original. I just needed first hand information from someone else who removed and replaced the original without issue.

Thanks again.
View Quote

I removed my trigger pin to delete the mag. safety, and reused the pin without any issues.   I did this before I even shot this Turkish HP35, and I have about 500 rounds through it with no issue.

I have owned a number of actual Browning HP35's over the years, and always removed the mag. safety, and have always reused the trigger pin with no issues.  I don't see why BH Spring Solutions says it needs to be replaced once removed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:11:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I took mine out in about 10 min.  
Remove Right to left
Insert left to right
The trigger pin is rounded on right side. Pay attention to this location
Link Posted: 8/16/2023 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Been meaning to do this surgery since I got my Girsan a few weeks ago. Likely won't shoot it until I do.

Tangeant: Wish I could do a trigger job on this thing. The trigger pull is long and gritty. I've owned a FEG, Browning HP Practical, and Browning Mk 3. I believe that both of the Browning triggers were less gritty feeling. I think the FEG's trigger was more like this Girsan. Makes sense. Anyways... the Girsan is beautiful, so I  dig it. Would just love to smooth that grit out. I am ASSuming that maybe a could stone/sand a few parts in there to do that? I did a great trigger job on a S&W M&P9 years ago, so it's not like I can't handle some light gunsmithing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2023 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I still have 2 I need to modify.  The really old HP's you used to be able to just drive out the pin holding the mag safety in and then remove the parts (IIRC).  The new guns you have to take out the trigger completely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top