Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2022 5:08:15 AM EDT
While at the range yesterday two guys from Shaw AFB showed up with a variety of pistols. I was particularly interested in some model of M&P 45

During a lull I asked the owner about it. It was a single stack which Smith says is the 8+1 "45C Compact"

He said it was for sale. $450. It was in excellent condition as in near-new. The mag had the factory +1 extension on it. I didn't see a second magazine. I'm assuming it was packaged in a cardboard box which I don't need.

I passed on the offer and I'm regretting that I neither made a counter-offer nor did I ask if he was interested in a trade.

Was his asking price too high? Had it been the (also discontinued) 45 "sub compact" (the 12+1 model) I'd have been really tempted.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:46:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Yes, except no thumb safety.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Personally, I think $450 for a used 1.0 is a bit high, but who knows these days.  Certainly isn’t outlandish.

ETA: I don’t think you made a mistake in passing.  That specific  M&P is an odd duck.  If I wanted a subcompact .45 I’d opt for a SHIELD 2.0 in .45.  Better trigger out of the box and 7+1 capacity.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 9:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Isn't the Shield 45 also discontinued? ETA: No, it's still available as a "2.0" version. And it's also available in the compact version (10+1).

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe a little high but not terrible.  They are actually pretty nice shooters but the triggers on the 1st gen M&Ps can be pretty bad.  Mags are relatively cheap and available used.  

Funny story about mine.  I sold it about 15 or so years ago.  Last year got a letter from a Sheriff's Office asking if a gun was mine.  I wasn't missing any guns but called them anyway.  Seems they had an M&P Compact in evidence that was recovered from an illegal marijuana grow in 2013.  Come time to get rid of it I was the only owner of record they could find.  They offered it to me.  I had to get an authorization letter from CA DOJ for them to release it then made a road trip to pick it up.

While it was gone someone had done a decent stipple job on the grip and installed an Apex sear.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2022 11:02:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe a little high but not terrible.  They are actually pretty nice shooters but the triggers on the 1st gen M&Ps can be pretty bad.  Mags are relatively cheap and available used.  

Funny story about mine.  I sold it about 15 or so years ago.  Last year got a letter from a Sheriff's Office asking if a gun was mine.  I wasn't missing any guns but called them anyway.  Seems they had an M&P Compact in evidence that was recovered from an illegal marijuana grow in 2013.  Come time to get rid of it I was the only owner of record they could find.  They offered it to me.  I had to get an authorization letter from CA DOJ for them to release it then made a road trip to pick it up.

While it was gone someone had done a decent stipple job on the grip and installed an Apex sear.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45352/20200929_164455__Medium__jpg-2347557.JPG

View Quote

I saw your original post on this pistol.  That is the greatest story of gun recovery ever!

Sell gun.  Get gun back plus upgrades.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#7]
LGS has an M&P Shield 45 2.0 priced at $459.

I could kick myself for not buying a Gen 1 Shield 45 at same LGS back in 2019 for about $325
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Personally, I think $450 for a used 1.0 is a bit high, but who knows these days.  Certainly isn't outlandish.

ETA: I don't think you made a mistake in passing.  That specific  M&P is an odd duck.  If I wanted a subcompact .45 I'd opt for a SHIELD 2.0 in .45.  Better trigger out of the box and 7+1 capacity.
View Quote
Depends if you like the auto forwarding feature of the 1.0. It's the reason I didn't get an of the 2.0 offerings as I'm just way to used to how easy my 1.0s reload.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I have the mid size version, the compact 4” top end on the full size frame. It shoots great and the trigger is fine. I like it but $450 would be too high for me. Mine was something like $250.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:44:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have the mid size version, the compact 4” top end on the full size frame. It shoots great and the trigger is fine. I like it but $450 would be too high for me. Mine was something like $250.
View Quote

Unfortunately the salad days and endless S&W rebates of the Trump years are in the rear view mirror.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Good gun.  Fair price.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:00:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Any gun that is reasonably priced but is being sold in a FTF transaction has automatically had a $100 coupon applied, around here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 12:16:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45352/20200929_164455__Medium__jpg-2347557.JPG

View Quote

I got a similar call once. A drug bust in Minnesota and they confiscated a Ruger P89.

Told them I'd sold it several years before and that was the end of it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top