Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2018 11:48:49 AM EDT
This will be going on a Glock 19 mos. I keep going back and forth between the two. I like the brightness adjustments of the rmr but I’m not crazy about the tint or the slight magnification of the glass. On the other hand I like the larger window of the DDP and the ease of replacing the battery but not how high it sets on the gun. Help me make up my mind.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:37:45 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a lengthy thread here on this tho I do not know how to find it. Folks were back and forth on it. For example, at the time I was go with DP and had rmr's...but now my Glock has an rmr lol. Either one will work fantastic, both have pros and cons and no one can really definitively say which is best.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 2:42:58 PM EDT
[#2]
RMR. Proven in the field on top of AGOCs. Good enough for me.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#3]
After the first trip to the range, the tint of the RMR just kinda disappeared for me.  If I try to pay attention to it, I can see it.  But otherwise I don't even notice.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Both have their pros and cons. I've run RMRs longer, but like the DPP as well. Both are reliable, but RMR has longer track record.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 3 RMR's and a Deltapoint Pro, I say Delta point. The battery is original almost 3 years in and it is carried daily. The triangle is easy to see
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:12:50 PM EDT
[#6]
If it's a duty or hard use gun, RMR.

Competition or range rig, then either.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 4:47:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I recently had the same debate on what to install on a carry gun that will likely be on most of the time. After reading many threads and watching numerous videos I've decided on the Trijicon. The deciding factor for me is battery life. From what I have gathered the DPP battery life is short. Yes it is easier to change the battery on the DPP and you would probably get pretty good at it from changing it 5 or so times a year but I don't want to deal wit hit. In this role I need the gun to be on and ready. The RMR more fits this role for ME.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 6:05:52 PM EDT
[#8]
You using night vision?

RMR is better under night vision apparently.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Rmr type 2 3.5 moa is the bees knees.

I also happen to have a g19 with a DPP as well. While the DPP is solid and has handled my abuse well, the brightness control is funky, however the auto on/off works really well. The glass is clearer but the dot is the cleaner on the Trijicon. Battery life and irons to cowitness also go to the Trijicon.

The tint is literally unnoticeable on the Trijicon while actually shooting.

My g34 slide with either be milled for the new aimpoint Acro or another RMR when the time comes.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I've seen way more DPP just stop working during competitions.
Link Posted: 12/12/2018 8:38:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Having used both, the DPP is my favorite for the reasons you mentioned, mainly the large window, but finding a holster can be a issue.

I had to go the custom route , would have loved a safariland but no dice..and good luck getting help from them..
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 9:13:18 AM EDT
[#12]
I recently purchased a G40 MOS and immediately went looking for a red dot.

I was all set to buy the Trigicon RMR-2/7 but before I pulled the trigger, I did a bit more research into the Leupold DP-Pro and went with that.

What made me go with the Leupol DP-Pro;

1) No extra sealing plate (in addition to the MOS mounting plate) needed to mount the DPP on my Glock. The sealing plate is required with the RMR to make the provided mounting screws work AND (from my understanding) to give the assembly a 1 atmosphere water waterproof rating. Just too many pieces that have to fit together correctly.

2) The battery on the DPP is easily changed from the top, in a less than a minute without tools,  as opposed to having to REMOVE the RMR from the mounting plate in order to change the battery which is underneath the unit.

3) I REALLY like the 7moa triangle sight of the DPP. I am in the process of zeroing the apex of the triangle at 50yards creating a fine aiming point for longer shots while the base of the triangle is readily visible for quick shots at shorter range.

Cons;

1) The DPP sits really high and will obscure even suppressor height front sights. This is not a "negative" for me personally as I prefer a clean field of view with no co-witness. If my DPP fails, I can cant the muzzle up until my stock front sight is in the window then center it with the stock rear sight. My elevation will be off but my windage should still be good. I simply need to "shoot low" in order to keep my shots  relatively on target. At close extremely close range (an attacking animal for instance) this will be a marginal difference. However, I know I am in the minority on this preference.

2) The RMR warranty seems to be absolute. If it breaks, they will fix it. The Leupold warranty is a bit more convoluted, defined as lifetime on the glass/body but 2 years on the electronics. However, the unofficial word is that if you have a problem, they will make it right regardless of the timing. Given Leupold's customer service history and reputation, I have little doubt that they will make stand behind their product.

3) The DPP has a rugged housing but maybe not quite as rugged as the RMR. Still, I believe as far as these sights go the RMR is #1 in ruggedness but the DPP is a very close 2nd.

FWIW- Cost played NO part in my decision. I was prepared to pay what I had to to get what I truly wanted. In the end, it was the ease of battery replacement and the 7moa triangle "dot" that sealed the deal between me and the DPP.

After 200 rounds, downrange with the DPP,  Iam VERY happy with my decision!

As always- YMMV.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for all the replies. I went with the DDP.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought two Trijicon RMR's for a pair of M&P CORE 9L competition guns.
BOTH failed within 20 rounds. Same failure mode: dot disappeared, did not return.
Trijicon was unhelpful.
Internet research suggested fixes like shimming the battery contacts.

On a $500+ sight? I don't think so. They went back for a refund. Bought another manufacturer's sight, no further problems.
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Trijicon RMR
Link Posted: 12/14/2018 11:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BOTH failed within 20 rounds. Same failure mode: dot disappeared, did not return.
Trijicon was unhelpful.

On a $500+ sight? I don't think so. They went back for a refund. Bought another manufacturer's sight, no further problems.
View Quote
What was trijicons response? Who sent it?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 1:22:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Thanks for all the replies. I went with the DDP.
View Quote
Good decision.  The triangle is very versatile.  The tip for precise work and the rest for speed.  Leupold has excellent CS if ever needed.  Get to know the button control and how long to press to change directions when you need to make adjustments thru clothing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 8:34:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Trijicon was unhelpful.

View Quote
I think that was their issue on Type 1's. I have 4 RMR 3.25MOA Type 2's with zero issues
I did have a DPP with the triangle that would not hold zero. I returned that for a regular DPP dot and that has been great. I have two of those, Two vortex Venoms and two Romeo's all have been good to go
Link Posted: 12/16/2018 2:18:12 AM EDT
[#19]
The delta point has a nicer view  the rmr is the toughest
Link Posted: 12/29/2018 10:22:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Deltapoint Pro

Larger window
Cleared glass
Easy and better battery changes - (RMR have to remove and re-zero every time)
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:04:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I talked to two of their tech people. Both refused to address the issue. Both simply kept asserting that thousands of Trijicon sights were in use by the military and law enforcement, etc.
They kept repeating this until I got tired and went away. I sent them back to the dealer I purchased them from for a full refund.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 12:43:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I killed my deltapoint before the battery died. Rmr for carry. Dpp has better larger glass but not as durable.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 10:30:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I talked to two of their tech people. Both refused to address the issue. Both simply kept asserting that thousands of Trijicon sights were in use by the military and law enforcement, etc.
They kept repeating this until I got tired and went away. I sent them back to the dealer I purchased them from for a full refund.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would have gotten their names and talked to a supervisor.

I've dealt with trijicon on a professional level and got incredible service.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 3:32:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Being a cheapskate I went with the Vortex Venom and it has been working great on my Glock 21 in 460 Rowland for 6 months . I like it and the price is right.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Rmr
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 7:15:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would have gotten their names and talked to a supervisor.

I've dealt with trijicon on a professional level and got incredible service.
View Quote
I got great service as well.  Multiple times (unfortunately)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top