Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2020 11:31:31 PM EDT
Pic is linked.

I'm pretty good at taking a Glock apart except today was my first time doing the mag release and takedown lever. Very slightly bent the take down spring but i bent it back (really not much, the last 2 coils were on a 15-degree angle)

Went to put the gun back together and the picture is what I'm left with...

DO I need a new takedown lever spring or did I do something else? I took it all back apart and nothing seemed weird.

Thanks.

Edit: The takedown spring has plenty of pressure, is the same length as it was from the factory, and rides smoothly up and down in its channel... WTF.
Edit: Was so damn wore out from the day I didnt put in the Locking block. I cant find it now
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like the barrel is behind the locking block.

I have a Gen 5 G45 and the slide can be pulled off by lifting BEFORE the slide goes fully forward.

My first thought was it takes a lot of talent to get a barrel in that location. Not meaning to be a smart ass... but as a career long Glock Armorer I have never seen this condition.

The barrel should never be able to sit behind the locking block!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 12:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
No what you need is a revolver.  They wont do that.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Figured it out first thing when I woke up. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Please don't give Glock any big ideas.  You know they're still striving for perfection.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

GD is the other way. This is for troubleshooting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top