Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#2]
OP, stop trolling the tech forums. From pretty much everyones perspective you're being deliberately obtuse.

This sure is a strange way of having fun. Take it to GD.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The purpose of this thread is not for name calling. I just want to understand how this thing could be worth saving. Frankly, it reminds me of that Johnny Cash song where he carried a Cadillac out the plant, piece by piece, in his lunch box, over a 20 year period. Clearly, part of this gun is associated with 1937 and DWM. But how many serial numbers are in there? I have heard and read stories that Germany became desperate and started throwing parts together toward the end of WWII. But, a 1937 gun? In all probability, it is something someone threw together post war to make a buck. That isn't very glamorous.

Is there any redeeming reason to not have this one destroyed, as was done to the HP35?
View Quote
In my opinion you’re being intentionally obtuse.

The massive amount of opposition to the destruction of the pistol should be reason enough not to destroy it. Sell it, gift it or donate it to a museum.

The wanton destruction of a significant weapon certainly has no place in a technical forum.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:37:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:40:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't destroy history.  Keep it or sell it to one of the interested here in the thread.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Clearly, I am not concerned with being wrongly judged.

I would like to see the think vaporized just for the headache it is causing me.   It isn't worth anything, certainly not this crap.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The massive amount of opposition to the destruction of the pistol should be reason enough not to destroy it. Sell it, gift it or donate it to a museum.
Quoted:
“I’m having trouble with the idea of keeping my car because I don’t know what it’s worth/people may judge me. Should I keep it or push it off a cliff?”
Clearly, I am not concerned with being wrongly judged.

I would like to see the think vaporized just for the headache it is causing me.   It isn't worth anything, certainly not this crap.
We just aren't understanding your thought process on why you would consider destroying it. The history is there, and it is somewhat valuable. It isn't a pristine, numbers matching example, but that doesn't make it any less real. It's just not what the purists and collectors prefer in a example, but that's all about personal preference. Shooting a numbers matching firearm that's rare and valuable can be a bad idea, because if you break something, the numbers no longer match. For someone that likes the history of the gun, and still wants to be able to shoot it on occasion, it's perfect.

In a way, non-matching guns have the potential for more history, as any given part will have been witness to a different event.

ETA: If you really want it gone, I can arrange that immediately, I can compensate you for it, or donate to your favorite charity or whatever you prefer. As I said earlier, I believe I am local to you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:52:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 It isn't worth anything, certainly not this crap.
View Quote
Incorrect, if it is as bad as you claim it to be (mismatched and some rust) a quick look online would put it in the $500 range or so. So it does have worth. It’s just a question of if you like throwing $500 into the chipper.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:08:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 11:23:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Incorrect.   It is not a chipper.   The metal recycling center uses a "hammer mill".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Incorrect, if it is as bad as you claim it to be (mismatched and some rust) a quick look online would put it in the $500 range or so. So it does have worth. It’s just a question of if you like throwing $500 into the chipper.
Incorrect.   It is not a chipper.   The metal recycling center uses a "hammer mill".
Is that your old screen name?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:11:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Why have it destroyed? It isn't like the MACHINE was responsible for anything that a HUMAN did with it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:21:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:27:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:33:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:37:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:39:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:42:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:55:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You are being obtuse. I specifically requested help in ascertaining any redeeming value in the pistol. You certainly have not contributed anything positive.

If anything, the hostility here is reason enough to see the thing shattered into many small pieces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The purpose of this thread is not for name calling. I just want to understand how this thing could be worth saving. Frankly, it reminds me of that Johnny Cash song where he carried a Cadillac out the plant, piece by piece, in his lunch box, over a 20 year period. Clearly, part of this gun is associated with 1937 and DWM. But how many serial numbers are in there? I have heard and read stories that Germany became desperate and started throwing parts together toward the end of WWII. But, a 1937 gun? In all probability, it is something someone threw together post war to make a buck. That isn't very glamorous.

Is there any redeeming reason to not have this one destroyed, as was done to the HP35?
In my opinion you’re being intentionally obtuse.

The wanton destruction of a significant weapon certainly has no place in a technical forum.
You are being obtuse. I specifically requested help in ascertaining any redeeming value in the pistol. You certainly have not contributed anything positive.

If anything, the hostility here is reason enough to see the thing shattered into many small pieces.
As I said, we aren't understanding your thought process. Not wanting it is perfectly understandable, but what benefit does its destruction have over selling or donating it?

I'm not berating you, I'm honestly curious.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Happy to buy it from you. That should at least solve your quandry.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:11:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
His false dichotomy does not allow this.

He must either keep it, or destroy it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:20:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:22:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not only would I feel irresponsible, but I would also be quickly perma-banned for selling outside of the EE.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only would I feel irresponsible, but I would also be quickly perma-banned for selling outside of the EE.
What would be irresponsible about it?  Also, Ive bought sold many things via IM.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:32:37 AM EDT
[#25]
If owning relics of a defunct enemy is not your thing I would definitely sell rather than destroy. There are many that collect such things and even if unsafe to shoot (which I doubt the HP35 or P08 are) there are those that collect non shootable guns as well.

I have dozens of guns that will likely never fire ever again but I like to imagine what they have seen in their existence that caused the wear and damage they now bear
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
This is false, as well.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:50:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Such comments are inappropriate for the technical forums.   Such comments are what lead to me destroying the HP35.

My guns.   I can do as I please.   When people create bad memories, I get rid of those bad memories.
View Quote
You were trolling with the HP (I remember that thread) as you are now. What does not belong in the tech forum is your thread.  Just destroy it and stop looking for attention weirdo.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:07:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Do you blame the sword for the hand that wields it?

Is it the gun's fault for how the shooter used it?

I have 3 Nazi era pistols and 1 rifle.  I don't lose sleep over their "possible" history.

You have a shooter grade Luger.  Without seeing the bore I would venture to say your gun is worth between $800-$1,000.  If you're interested in selling it there are, as you have already seen, people on this site willing to buy it.  You can also check with Simpson LTD, Armslist, Gunbroker, etc.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 6:42:09 AM EDT
[#29]
If you are serious you need to seek professional help. You obviously have some underlying mental health issues that need to be addressed.

I'm not trolling you or attacking you but based off of your posts you have something going in that is a bit off.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I am to the point that I hate the damn gun.    I just wanted to know if the thing had any redeeming quality/value.   I bought it to help a relative out and get something that might be neat.    I knew nothing about War era Lugers at the time.

Part of me wants to throw it back in the safe.   Part of me wants to take to the recycling center and laugh at the hateful, abusive here.
View Quote
The only one hateful here is you.

The gun looks functional, is in good shape and is period accurate. Who cares is it’s cobbled together from a parts bin?  All that means is you’ve got a shooter instead of a safe queen.

It has value, period.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:22:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:45:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 7:48:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:18:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Real mature.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Posts should be restored and this thread should be stickied. Can't believe it lasted this long on a tech forum.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#38]
His last thread on the HiPower went the same way. He laid the bait and worked hard at getting people worked up...only to claim it was everyone’s fault for questioning his thought process and that he must destroy the firearm now... He’s either mentally ill or a troll, but regardless this discussion belonged in the GD.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:41:13 AM EDT
[#39]
Why anyone would respond to this thread is beyond me. It's so obviously a troll it's not funny

And come one, his recycling place uses a "hammer mill"?

He's as much as admitting its a troll job
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 10:43:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
His last thread on the HiPower went the same way. He laid the bait and worked hard at getting people worked up...only to claim it was everyone’s fault for questioning his thought process and that he must destroy the firearm now... He’s either mentally ill or a troll, but regardless this discussion belonged in the GD.
View Quote
He does this because he knows his ass would be hammered in GD for his stupidity.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#41]
Attention whore !   Destroy the frickin thing already ! And STFU .

Pics will be required to verrify your gift to mankind . DUMMY ,
Gary
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Deej troll account?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 1:59:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
It does appear that way.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 2:38:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Looks like the troll took his marbles & went home!

Just ban him already.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 4:04:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:24:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
RacyCarr caught a 7 day ban last month.  I'd say it time to make it permanent.

Do a search on his username for threads he authored over 30 days old to get an idea of his modus operandi, i.e., trolling.
View Quote
I don’t think it’s trolling at all, He/she edits out every thread and marks them deleted after being finished with them.

I’m not saying it is, but there are strong signs of mental illness. This thread was started with the sole intent of causing him/her grief, just so they could say “not my fault”.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:36:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
That would be a really sick person.

There is a page full of old threads with the same behavior.  (Deleting all of his comments.)  I recognized the username, didn't recall anything remarkable from comments I had read.  The longevity of this thread is the result of finding a subforum without a moderator, which leaves reports to staff, I guess.  I would have moved it to GD before the end of the first page.
View Quote
Aren’t you a mod somewhere?
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:47:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/17/2018 7:05:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Trolling
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top