Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2018 1:25:39 PM EDT
I bought a Kimber conversion unit a few months back for $75.00 and had been using my SA frame with it....It works/shoots well.

I toyed with the notion of buying a RIA stripped frame and adding what on-hand parts I have to complete it.....With shipping from Sarco and transfer I'd have about $175.00 in the frame not including what my spare parts are worth.

I had asked my LGS to be on the look-out for a RIA trade-in I could get for cheap and today they came through.....They got in a Taurus PT-1911 in a multi-gun deal for cheap.

I ended-up trading two Spanish swords I had there on consignment for it. I had $85.00 in both the swords.

So for under $200.00 (including the price of the two extra .22 mags I bought) I got a dedicated .22 1911 with all the whistles and bells i would ever want. I sorta like the two-toned look too.

BTW.....I took it down to my range and it ran great with both top-ends on it. Nary a issue and the .45 top-end was a lot more accurate than I expected.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/12/2018 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#1]
You did good. I have always liked two tone 1911's.
Just got a Ruger SS Lt. Wt. Commander,and thinking
of doing the slide in flat black.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top